The online racing simulator
Quote from Kid222 :Are we still in picture thread? Please..

At least I posted a picture that was relevant to the conversation.

We could troll and ask BlueFlame what the answer of 2+3*5 is and watch him get that one spectacularly wrong.
Quote from BlueFlame :At the end of the day, algebra is retarded, if you're retarded enough to need to substitute numbers for alternate symbols because you can't hold anything in your brain for more than 3seconds then you probably need some retarded method.

Your brain not holding something for more than 3 seconds is what everyone else here is suffering from right now.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :At least I posted a picture that was relevant to the conversation.

We could troll and ask BlueFlame what the answer of 2+3*5 is and watch him get that one spectacularly wrong.

that's 7
Not if you're BlueFlame where order of operations and mathematical theory is overrated.

With BF-Math.. the answer is 25.
It's 30, duh.
Quote from BlueFlame :At the end of the day, algebra is retarded, if you're retarded enough to need to substitute numbers for alternate symbols because you can't hold anything in your brain for more than 3seconds then you probably need some retarded method.

I don't even think you know what algebra is, or what it is used for.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well I've read the equation as it's written not how some method dictates it should be solved.

So you be the judge of who is wrong.

Fact of the matter is, someone taught you something and told you and you took is as gospel, not my fault if people are blind to thinking outside of their tiny minds.

There's probably 90% of the people who commented couldn't even work out the equation on their own anyway, but they chime in here trying to look smart. At the end of the day, algebra is retarded, if you're retarded enough to need to substitute numbers for alternate symbols because you can't hold anything in your brain for more than 3seconds then you probably need some retarded method.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Not if you're BlueFlame where order of operations and mathematical theory is overrated.

With BF-Math.. the answer is 25.

nvm, it's 10.

Because *=+
So:
2+3+5=10
It's that simple.
10 is two digits so the correct answer would be 2x.
2+3+5=2x
x=25+15
its 17
Quote from e2mustang :its 17

WTF, how did you get a result like that?

CheerioDM, is 1 meter in america like 4 pig nose's?
3*5=15+2=17 :d
Quote from bmwe30m3 :WTF, how did you get a result like that?

CheerioDM, is 1 meter in america like 4 pig nose's?

4.83 american footballs/pig skins
Quote from e2mustang :3*5=15+2=17 :d

Not true, I checked with a calculator, it's 25.
Attached images
Untitled-1.png
Quote from Krane :Not true, I checked with a calculator, it's 25.

I'm pretty sure it's 10.
the answer is 17, you always do the multiplications or divisions first which in this case is 3*5, after that you add the 2.
-
(BlueFlame) DELETED by BlueFlame
Quote from MAGGOT :I am being the judge of who is wrong. And you, sir, are wrong.

And no, you did not "solve" the equation based on how it was written. You incorrectly guessed what it meant. Math is not some faith-based witchcraft that you either believe in or don't, it's not something that you can 'take as gospel,' it's a very distinct pattern of relationships. That's it. There is no grey area for interpretation, it is what it is.

... And what it is, is 45.

You do realize there are hundred of Doctors of Mathematics that cry out for different educational standards. In these kind of equations sometimes there is no definite right or wrong answer, because they have been arranged poorly. The method you people are using is a very old and actually outdated method.

Why do you believe you are correct? Because someone taught you in a particular way and TOLD you it was correct? To learn anything you have to BELIEVE in what you are taught. If you don't believe it, then you don't think its correct. Any kind of theoretical knowledge is faith based, such as so called advanced mathematics because that can't be done physically. Faith only becomes true knowledge when something is visually recognized in physical form (literally speaking).

You THINK you've been taught correctly so you take high ground and basically cast anyone who uses a different method to you as a spastic.

This is unbelievably ignorant. Which btw (is a form of stupidity).

Numbers can't be argued, this is indisputable but in terms of equations the methods can most certainly be disputed.

And in response to Jack : So give me an example of when YOU found algebra to be of any use in realistic practice?

And Matti, don't even get me started and multiplying first, we read from left to right, if there's no brackets then left to right is the order shall be solved in.

Much like when so called 'Scientists and masters of theory' BELIEVED the earth to be completely flat laughed at Christopher Columbus when he said the Earth was Spherical.

It's ok to be taught something, but if you're too closed minded to accept that something else may actually be more applicable that's not my problem but I'd rather you people didn't regard one as stupid for having alternative views incase you come across someone who actually gives a shit.
No BF I have to step in here aswell with some math repitition for you, the priority is brackets first, then kvadrats, then multiplication and division, and THEN plus and minus at the same time.
If you've written the sum yourself to solve some domestic issue then multiplying first will 100% of the time give an incorrect answer to your problem.
Quote from BlueFlame :
And in response to Jack : So give me an example of when YOU found algebra to be of any use in realistic practice?

Simple, calculating fuel instances in LFS.

25 laps, 2.8% a lap, add 1 to be safe.

25 = 2.8x + 1

BlueFlame, lets take it like this then:

2*apples=(360 apples/4 apples)
1. we do brackets first so 360 apples/4 apples = 90 apples
2. we know that 2*the amount of apples is the amount that we want to know
3. 2* the amount of the apples is 90 apples, to know the amount we want to know, we divide it by 2.
4. so if 2*apples is 90, then we get that 90/2=45
5. so the amount of apples is 45.
Quote from PMD9409 :Simple, calculating fuel instances in LFS.

25 laps, 2.8% a lap, add 1 to be safe.

25 = 2.8x + 1

That's the most retarded thing I've ever seen.

You would just multiply 2.8 by 26. Algebra isn't needed but I'll be honest, other than x representing % I have no idea what the x is doing there.
Quote from BlueFlame :And Matti, don't even get me started and multiplying first, we read from left to right, if there's no brackets then left to right is the order shall be solved in.

Go look up the 'order of operations' and get back to me on that.

Quote from BlueFlame :And in response to Jack : So give me an example of when YOU found algebra to be of any use in realistic practice?

On Tuesday I used algebra to find out the force distributed on the area of the friction surface of a clutch plate.

The Inevitable Picture Thread IV: A New Funny
(3741 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG