The online racing simulator
Car in future s2 versions..
(37 posts, started )
#1 - aoun
I was thinking seeing how we have the F1 car, we should mabye get a champcar seeing how they are the best looking things on this earth. Could have the current 2006 ChampCars or the new DP01 2007 Model, or even both. Just a suggestion, not a beg.
I agree. LFS could use a few more good cars. I think a proper rallycar would be nice as well, such as a Group A spec WRC Lancer Evolution from the late 90's. A Pajero Evo would be fun too.

Conclusion: A CART vs F-1 Race is too good to pass up!
Licencing, licencing, licencing.

And for LFS purposes the BF1 is just too similar.
#4 - Gunn
Quote from duke_toaster :
And for LFS purposes the BF1 is just too similar.

The BF1 is not very similar at all.
#5 - wark
+1 I'd like to see one in LFS. Push to pass and all.

F1 similar to champ? :uglyhamme

P.S. if they WERE you could actually race them together anyway, and that's not a bad thing in LFS...
#6 - aoun
2 Things. Im pretty sure the F1 car was just for advertisement. As if ChampCar wouldnt want a high racing simulation with the new ChampCar, that would bring fans abit.

and F1 is totally different to ChampCar. I can go on forever trust me but the main difference. F1 is man verse Technology. ChampCar is man verse Machiene.
F1 is at the forefront of technological endevour, Champcar is about 20 years behind. The cars are heavier, slower and filled with what might be considered out of date technology. There's no doubt that there is more passing in Champcar, but there are a number of different factors to take into account for that.
Its team(driver, mechanics, technicians, engineers...) and technology in F-1.

Champ car is much more yestertech, though by no means low-tech. it is heavily overegulated, typical of American racing types. The machines are closer in performance, so it's more man vs man.
#9 - wark
Quote from Jamexing :Its team(driver, mechanics, technicians, engineers...) and technology in F-1.

Yup. None of which we have in LFS, so...

I mean--excepting drivers!
Quote from Jamexing :Champ car is much more yestertech, though by no means low-tech. it is heavily overegulated, typical of American racing types. The machines are closer in performance, so it's more man vs man.

I am no great Champ car fan, but as Wark is saying, if you agree with the above assessment then Champ car racing (or racing in a similar spec unlicensed car) looks ideal for LFS.

I take it Champ cars are a bit more powerful than the current Formula V8 then? Any other major differences from the FV8 besides horsepower?
Why not have wipers? Its a sim... cleaning shit from the windscreen requires either a pitstop for a mechanic to get the rag out, or wipers. No other sim has that, no other sim i know of has working indicators and hazzard lights, so why not go an extra mile.

+1
What we will have is a new LX4/LX6. I know this not because I am teh big11oneone, but on the masterskinerz template pages, it says they will not supply templates until final model adjustments have taken place.
See, I am of SOME use
thats a big signature S14; how about taking them out of quote blocks and put "' around them

you guys are bad when it comes to thinking that all forms of american racing is low tech and boring
Champ Car is low tech compared to F1 - but everything is. Champ cars couldn't compete with modern F1 cars though, they are much slower. Maybe compete with the FO8, though.
mazda series?
thats basically what the FV8 is
except they have rotary engines

well yes of course its lower tech than the F1, the F1 has the most technology on race cars out there, thats what F1 is all about, these other sports aren't about technology really
LFS should create a rally car and track. that would kick ass.

Nascar for the ring anyone?
Quote from harlen :LFS should create a rally car and track. that would kick ass.

Nascar for the ring anyone?

I'll put that in my diary!
whatabout a bigfoot and a MonsterJam lookalike arena with XRT,XFG,and XRG to destroy and drive over MONSTERTRUCKS OWNSSS
Quote from Scrabby :whatabout a bigfoot and a MonsterJam lookalike arena with XRT,XFG,and XRG to destroy and drive over MONSTERTRUCKS OWNSSS

Now that would be good but i believe that the FXR is enough with those bloody big, wide tires!!
wha? naaaaaa
Something like the SCRABBINATOR
a perfect detailled monstertruck chassis
1500pk
a nice body: Dodge Ram
Big WHEEEEEELS
and allot of scrabby's LMFAO
Quote from Scrabby :wha? naaaaaa
Something like the SCRABBINATOR
a perfect detailled monstertruck chassis
1500pk
a nice body: Dodge Ram
Big WHEEEEEELS
and allot of scrabby's LMFAO

I wonder where you got the name "SCRABBINATOR" from lol
euhm the Terminator?
but serious, i think ppl always want race-cars, road-cars, rally-cars, WHY NOT A MONSTERTRUCK, i mean to get-out of all the pressure, just have some fun with a monstertruck and allot of power:bounce8:
Help me, I'm having a deja vu.
Quote from Scrabby :euhm the Terminator?
but serious, i think ppl always want race-cars, road-cars, rally-cars, WHY NOT A MONSTERTRUCK, i mean to get-out of all the pressure, just have some fun with a monstertruck and allot of power:bounce8:

A lot of power, hardly any speed!!

(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG