The online racing simulator
offputting distractions
(63 posts, started )
offputting distractions
hi, whenever im playing lfs, and my dads in, i can never play properly, the reasons being:
  • my dad always gives a running commentry which is offputting
  • my dad always makes me put SO1 with the formula v8 on for him
  • my dad will then sit all night and do around 100 laps
  • my dad will then say that he is 27th best in the world, because he doesnt realsie that not everyone uploads there times to lfs world hotlaps
these are just a few of the annoying things that happen to me. do things like this happen to anyone else, and how do you cope with them?
i have a solution............... bitch slap your dad
last time i treid that i ended up alot worse off. im never doing it again. i like my lips how they are. :P
I think its cool your dad likes LFS period.. atleast he isn't saying get off that stupid game and find a job or something...
i have another solution.....pretend to be a goat he will dissown you and you can play LFS happily as a goat 4 ever . damn im good.
tell him your going to hog the computer and make him buy an LFS and computer for himself
Quote :I think its cool your dad likes LFS period.. atleast he isn't saying get off that stupid game and find a job or something...

i know, hes saying "get off that stupid game so i can get on" except he then turns it up really loud so its all i can hear, then starts losing his head and i think pretty soon hell smash my wheel. but i darent tell him to just f**k off.
hide the speakers, and buy some cheap headphones lol
I find it annoying when i'm in a nice CnR server - speakers turned to my preferred volume (sod what everybody else thinks) then suddenly if the door is close then it's opened or somebody just walks in and says oh... Mum/Dad sai'd it's mine turn - "5 minutes" - 2 minutes later... "It's been 5 minutes" I end up in an argument and banned from using the computer for a day lol

I then go upstairs to my computer whcih is wireless so always searching for internet networks and i'm lagging then i disconnect - It's a lose-lose situation
Quote :
hide the speakers, and buy some cheap headphones lol

i think ma mam will of done that by the end of the week
Quote from XCNuse :hide the speakers, and buy some cheap headphones lol

His dad will be on there for so long that by the time he's finished - Captain will have waited soooo long that he hadn't needed to use the speakers that he has forgotten where he hid them lol
lol thats like what happened to my dad; he took my N64 away from me in middle school because my grades were dropping, and well.. lets just say he pretty much lost where it was lol

so like 4 years later or so, we buy one off ebay (which.. rip off guy didn't have the ram in there..) anyways, about a week or so later, my mom finds it between a foldup mattress we have up in the bonus room

i just kinda stared and laughed at my dad for being a fool lol
Quote from XCNuse :lol thats like what happened to my dad; he took my N64 away from me in middle school because my grades were dropping, and well.. lets just say he pretty much lost where it was lol

so like 4 years later or so, we buy one off ebay (which.. rip off guy didn't have the ram in there..) anyways, about a week or so later, my mom finds it between a foldup mattress we have up in the bonus room

i just kinda stared and laughed at my dad for being a fool lol

Well 2 things have happened to me that are kinda like that -

1. My dad dropped my PSX and we bought another one but the woman (obviously) made a mistake and charged us £50 instead of £100 lol

2.And the other time was when my mum took away my cap guns - I bought new ones because i always did for some reason lol but i found 2 of them at the top of the wardrobe when i was climbing up to hide when playing hide & seek lol
lol i'd use to find our cap gun spark tape stuff in all sorts of random places when i was a little kid.. those were the days, we still have the dress up clothes and hats and whatnot lol, one of the guns is around here somewhere.. up.. there it is, just a few feet behind me lol
Quote from XCNuse :lol i'd use to find our cap gun spark tape stuff in all sorts of random places when i was a little kid.. those were the days, we still have the dress up clothes and hats and whatnot lol, one of the guns is around here somewhere.. up.. there it is, just a few feet behind me lol

Exactly the same with mine lol in our dress-up drawer - I aslo bought the cap grenades and i scared the S*** out of everyone lol *Sigh*... Those were the days
Thats why I have my PC in my room, play with headphones and lock the door
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Thats why I have my PC in my room, play with headphones and lock the door

And what is that you play when you have your headphones on and your door locked??
What your thinking ISNT... false, I MEAN TRUE,,, not its because my bass is really huge, and my mum has a bit n00b fit "oooh its too loud" (shut up u old bag)
Quote from S14 DRIFT :What your thinking ISNT... false, I MEAN TRUE,,, not its because my bass is really huge, and my mum has a bit n00b fit "oooh its too loud" (shut up u old bag)

Well talking about Bass - when i manage to play upstairs, amongst my 2 screens, i have 2x 300W Woox bass speakers with built-in amp and 300W Sub to go with it but my parents don't really get a say in what volume it goes upto
And that is why I own my own computer and don't live at my parent's home. Ah the joy's of freedom :-D
I have music on, and its like my parents have super-duper sensitive hearing. I turn my computer on and theyre running upstairs..."Turn that music do....Oh..." Then they go back down...oh well...illepall
Quote from Captain Slow :
my dad will then say that he is 27th best in the world, because he doesnt realsie that not everyone uploads there times to lfs world hotlaps.

Captain Slow's Dad ist faster than i am, now _that_ is distracting.
Quote from Highsider9 :Captain Slow's Dad ist faster than i am, now _that_ is distracting.

Are you fast?

He may be faster than you but if you are the slowest then he may not be that fast...
#24 - MR_B
Quote from Captain Slow :i know, hes saying "get off that stupid game so i can get on" except he then turns it up really loud so its all i can hear, then starts losing his head and i think pretty soon hell smash my wheel. but i darent tell him to just f**k off.

Replace your wheel with a broken one off ebay, just give him the shell, claim he ruined your wheel! And demand he either coughs up the cash or stops using LFS. It's a win win situation.
Quote from MR_B :Replace your wheel with a broken one off ebay, just give him the shell, claim he ruined your wheel! And demand he either coughs up the cash or stops using LFS. It's a win win situation.

Cough up enough for a G25 for both of you!!

EDIT: How can he go on Ebay when he can't use the computer lol and don't say use somebody else's computer

offputting distractions
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG