The online racing simulator
Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
nooo a japanese engine should last forever,i've seen 1 bmw engine over 400k miles. my boss had an e39 with 250k (miles not KM) also and it did look brand new
Quote from e2mustang :nooo a japanese engine should last forever,i've seen 1 bmw engine over 400k miles. my boss had an e39 with 250k (miles not KM) also and it did look brand new

sure, most should last forever, fx. my friend carina had over 600k KM to it, and then his mother forgot to check fuel for a month while he was on vacation and it blew up

But mostly the 'proper' bmw's which are in good shape, has never been in the hands of a 20 year old.

Got it for three days, so don't ask me what rims it has and what offset it runs, I don't know.

I only know it's a 1992 1.6 with 5 spd, and dammmmmmnnnnn what a fun way to move around.
Quote from Dennis93 :Since your specialty is apparently BMW's I don't blame you for not knowing that a japanese car is no longer 'new' if it's done over 100k KM.
BMW's go on forever and need a belt change now and then..

You obviously know little of Honda's. (or many other jap engines) 100km's is what, 62k miles? That's nothing. Of the listed reservations the GoPro part might be worrysome.. but that's about it. (unless the miles per year were high/it's only a couple years old etc)

JJ72, I understand completely! (tell whoever owns it to get some padding for that roll bar though. on average, it's safer not to have one when that near your head, than be without)
Quote from JJ72 :

Got it for three days, so don't ask me what rims it has and what offset it runs, I don't know.

I only know it's a 1992 1.6 with 5 spd, and dammmmmmnnnnn what a fun way to move around.

i want to be hairdresser so much just to drive that car
I own it now! Don't think i can hit that bar when there' s headrest though?

You can be a hispter to drive it too, slightly easier.
Got back from some random party and found a present from some failed artist in my pocket the next morning. In my country drivers with under two years of experience must have that stupid maple leaf sing on the back of their cars. I guess I'm finally legal!
Attached images
574523_598538703494497_749153508_n.jpg
Quote from Dennis93 :Find another place troll, this clearly isn't your thing.

When do you want to meet up?
Quote from JJ72 :I own it now! Don't think i can hit that bar when there' s headrest though?

You can be a hispter to drive it too, slightly easier.

dont like hipsters. and hairdressers are hard work.

maybe i will become a women
i thought.. you already were.. ?
Quote from Dennis93 :.... car is no longer 'new' if it's done over 100k KM....

Quote from Tinytacohead :You obviously know little of Honda's. (or many other jap engines) 100km's is what, 62k miles? That's nothing. Of the listed reservations the GoPro part might be worrysome..)

I only said it wasn't NEW, didn't say it was broken or anything, My Corolla still has 112hp out of the 114hp it was born with in the '92.
Quote from JJ72 :I own it now! Don't think i can hit that bar when there' s headrest though? ..

Congrats! As for the rollbar, you won't during normal circumstances but during an accident is when unpadded ones that close become dangerous.. and yes, even with the stock seats it's not uncommon for contact to result in a cracked skull. Many won't believe it, but a little padding goes a long ways on safety in this case.

Quote from Dennis93 :I only said it wasn't NEW, didn't say it was broken or anything..

No, but you insinuated that a BMW's engine should last longer and/or cost less to maintain, which I disagree with. Also, he said should be like new and was correct. (everybody knows any engine with 80k isn't actually new) I wouldn't consider a BMW with the same logged distance to be any better a candidate for achieving the million mile mark than a Honda, nor cost any less to maintain on average. One having not been 100% serviced by a dealer definitely wouldn't push me away either. The only thing that's usually good for are warranties & a false peace of mind. (as typically speaking, dealer mechanics are no better than the average shop) For a high spirited engine like an S2000's, I wouldn't necessarily consider a 20yo to be a bad thing either. (so long as basic maintenance was kept up) Some engines need to be revved regularly to stay in better shape, with the end result being a more healthy example. (Miata engines fit in this category, I figure S2000's would as well)
Quote from Dennis93 :I only said it wasn't NEW, didn't say it was broken or anything, My Corolla still has 112hp out of the 114hp it was born with in the '92.

Does it even lift?
New flaps.. new plate on.. and one for the hell of it

Revo stage 1 map coming soon along with Airtec uprated intercooler, group a filter and elevate uprated torque mount. Stepping stones towards the 400bhp upgrade to come later.

Cheers..

Ian
Attached images
20130215-DSC_5177.jpg
20130215-DSC_5184.jpg
20130215-DSC_5190.jpg
Nice!
Quote from Ian.H :New flaps.. new plate on.. and one for the hell of it

Nice car, but I can't put it in my mind why Ford had to make it as FWD...
Eye candy
Nuu, that MX5 makes me want one. It'd make a good second vehicle to run about in to save wear and tear on my P38. Damn you.
Love 1 gen mx5 Answer to everything

My daily ride, 84' E30

Attached images
DSCF0093small.jpg
will-forte-macgruber-0610-lg.jpg
Quote from kars19 :Love 1 gen mx5 Answer to everything

My daily ride, 84' E30

pixtor

Isn't it just. I like how they tried to butch up the look of the MX5 by putting it in a bra and have a member of Village People stand in front of it.

Nice automacar good sir.
Quote from Ian.H :New flaps.. new plate on.. and one for the hell of it

Revo stage 1 map coming soon along with Airtec uprated intercooler, group a filter and elevate uprated torque mount. Stepping stones towards the 400bhp upgrade to come later.

Cheers..

Ian

very nice cars these.. apart from the steering, seemed a little sensitive when i drove one but i guess being used to no power steering thats probably why.

i had a wee play with my mates RS500.

http://youtu.be/nIAwx-yjnmY
Quote from TypeRacing :Nice car, but I can't put it in my mind why Ford had to make it as FWD...

Indeed! RWD would have been both much more fun, and much easier to put the power down.

Cheers..

Ian
Quote from R3DMAN :very nice cars these.. apart from the steering, seemed a little sensitive when i drove one but i guess being used to no power steering thats probably why.

There's a setting you can adjust for the steering between comfort, standard and sport (done from the indicator stalk and displayed between the clocks). I found that standard was far too twitchy.. and changed it to sport. Now it's a fair bit heavier, more like my E46 was. Definitely helps as no matter what Ford did to try and combat torque steer, they didn't remove it all.

Quote :i had a wee play with my mates RS500.

http://youtu.be/nIAwx-yjnmY

Cool.. your VX is pretty quick!

Cheers..

Ian
im in the process of adding another 100bhp (from that vid) to the car, just got some bodywork sent across which i will be doing this weekend.
How many side skirts is 100bhp?

Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG