The online racing simulator
Post your phone
(403 posts, started )
Quote from Bose321 :Too bad it's Sony though.

I'm gonna grab a Samsung GSIII I think.

wtf is wrong with sony, any of the sony is way cooler than S3 (wich is probably the ugliest high-end smartphone ever made)
anyway, at the same day i got s2 i got my gf this:

tbh i like sonys menu and design a lot more than any of the samsungs, but seems like it's 12mp camera looks no better than samsungs 8mp one...

Sonyericsons were known as a good quality products years ago and now that sony has bought the company looks like they are aiming to the right direction, soon it will beat the shat out of any samsung or iPhone. Next phone i'm aiming is Xperia Z, looks just too good (wich is actually funny, since I used to be a samsung fanboy).
F*** T-Mobile. They do not sell HTC One S anymore.
But, I got myself a brand new SAMSUNG Galaxy Mini SIII. It's a really nice phone.

Mine is a little brighter than this.
I'm really that that fond of the Mini version tbh. And especially the default skin from Samsung on Android.
Quote from mythdat :Just got one of these:

It's actually rather good, better than expected after reading the nitpicky anti-Sony reviews. Jelly Bean due this week, which will be nice

**** google, but that is a beautiful phone.
Quote from -NightFly- :wtf is wrong with sony, any of the sony is way cooler than S3 (wich is probably the ugliest high-end smartphone ever made)
anyway, at the same day i got s2 i got my gf this:

tbh i like sonys menu and design a lot more than any of the samsungs, but seems like it's 12mp camera looks no better than samsungs 8mp one...

Sonyericsons were known as a good quality products years ago and now that sony has bought the company looks like they are aiming to the right direction, soon it will beat the shat out of any samsung or iPhone. Next phone i'm aiming is Xperia Z, looks just too good (wich is actually funny, since I used to be a samsung fanboy).

I'm with you.
I would still want a Lumia 920 (with Android) as compromise.
Quote from Bose321 :I would still want a Lumia 920 (with Android) as compromise.

I thought hard about getting a 920 as a "daily driver" because as much as I love messing around with custom roms on my One X, it would also be nice to have something that "just works" (and isn't outdated like iOS). Went in to a shop to try it out and at first I fell in love with the 920's hardware. Dual stage camera button, I've missed that so much since the N95 days. Proper RGB stripe screen without any pixelated pentile or oversaturated amoled BS, just lovely. Very comfortably shaped body too and button placement was perfect.

But after messing around 15 minutes with the 920 I just couldn't help but notice how the OS is so clunky, anti-user friendly, non-intuitive and restrictive in every way. I mean there isn't even a working SSH app available for WP8, as the multitasking immediately cuts off networking of backround applications. Don't Microsoft do quality assurance testing anymore, or how could something like this get through to production?

If there was a match made in heaven, it would be 920 coupled with vanilla Android, with updates directly from Google.
I feel exactly the same about the 920. I just love it so much...

The only thing that's putting me off from buying it is WP8. Don't get me wrong, I adore the new interface and the overall looks from the UI, but the apps that are available are scaring me off.

Every time you see a cool app, on TV or internet for example, it always says "Available in The iStore (Or whatever they call it) and Google Play", I never seen a modern app that was available on Windows Phone. Now I'm not exactly that app-heavy, and I believe the 920 comes with awesome apps pre-installed, but still I'm afraid it's kinda 'useless' in that way.

I recently got into the rooting and modding Android phones, and I just have to say that's a lot of fun to do, but stability is not as high as something WP8 and iOS I think. (That goes for CM Nightlies, the stable CM releases are...well...stable. :razz

I'm still really in doubt. Would the lack of apps really be a concern, or even the general support (docks and such)?

And as I can recall the Lumia 920 doesn't really excel in speed and battery performance, does it?
It felt plenty fast during the limited time I had with it in store, reviews claim battery life isn't very good though. Wouldn't matter that much since it has that nifty wireless charging pillow thing.

Also, the damn things screen worked even with regular gloves, not requiring skin contact. Would be so useful in the finnish -25c winter. It pisses me off having to take my gloves off to answer someone.. if I don't manage to poke the screen with my nose to do so.

Maybe I should give it a second try.. it has so much good stuff going for itself hardware wise, damnit.
Yeah it really sounds like a great phone. I wish I could try it out for a while.

I'm not sure if it's worth to take the gamble, it's super expensive.
Been reading user forums and apparently there's also quite a lot of failing components and software problems on the 920. Typical faults seem to include: dust getting between the camera module/lens, dust between screen, proximity sensor failing (apparently very common), lots of random crashing and rebooting and soft bricks, compass fails (permamently!) if phone gets close to any kind of magnets.. just to list a few of the common complaints. Not the kind of stuff I'd expect from a 600€ phone.

Guess I'll stick with flashing CM 10.1 alphas until Google gets their play store to Finland so I could finally buy a Nexus 4 without getting ripped off.

</OT>
I'll wait for the Samsung Galaxy S4 then, see if that's any cool.

Btw, am I the only one that finds the play store really clunky and not suited for phones, and just plain ugly? That's actually one thing that I even find better on my iPhone 2G that I used before.
Picking up the Nokia Lumia 920 tomorrow.
Quote from Bose321 :I feel exactly the same about the 920. I just love it so much...

The only thing that's putting me off from buying it is WP8. Don't get me wrong, I adore the new interface and the overall looks from the UI, but the apps that are available are scaring me off.

Every time you see a cool app, on TV or internet for example, it always says "Available in The iStore (Or whatever they call it) and Google Play", I never seen a modern app that was available on Windows Phone. Now I'm not exactly that app-heavy, and I believe the 920 comes with awesome apps pre-installed, but still I'm afraid it's kinda 'useless' in that way.

I recently got into the rooting and modding Android phones, and I just have to say that's a lot of fun to do, but stability is not as high as something WP8 and iOS I think. (That goes for CM Nightlies, the stable CM releases are...well...stable. :razz

I'm still really in doubt. Would the lack of apps really be a concern, or even the general support (docks and such)?

And as I can recall the Lumia 920 doesn't really excel in speed and battery performance, does it?

I can't speak to the 920, but I LOVE my HTC 8X. The app ecosystem on WP8 hasn't bothered me at all yet; but I'm not an app whore anyways. The only complaint I have is that the hard buttons are flush with the case so hard to find by finger feel alone. That's about the only real gripe I have. Aside from that, this phone is fan-bloody-tastic. It's so responsive, too. Always very quick. Beats the crap out of the iPhone imho.
I've had the 4S since October of 2011 after my Droid took a 'fall'.

I'm test driving my friends iPhone 5 and it's one hell of a machine.
Attached images
4s and 5.png
Nokia Lumia 920 I picked up today.
Samsung Galaxy Xcover
Quote from Bose321 :How is it?

Has everything anyone would need. Big clear screen and very sturdy construction. I had the Blackberry 8820 since 2007.
I cringe everytime I think about this annoying Facebook/App generation we have now so I was never in a hurry to get a replacement. Especially when you are forced in to a data plan.
I hate Google and don't want to be another boring iPhone person so Windows was the way to go. They have turned things around quite a bit.
SkyDrive is ****ing pathetic. The integration with other computers and mobile devices is totally broken. But I will keep at it.
Used maybe 5MB of the data plan so far. ATT guy tried talking me in to anything but the lowest tier mistakenly thinking I didn't know anything.
I turned off data access as soon as I got it home and will only use WiFi at home and work.
Does someone from Google dates your sister, which you fancy too? I don't get it..
Quote from CheerioDM :
SkyDrive is ****ing pathetic. The integration with other computers and mobile devices is totally broken. But I will keep at it.

skydrive works perfectly for me, as long as you use hotmail/outlook account for everything (which I do)

the fact that the photo app loads skydrive content eliminates a lot of need to have duplicated files in the SD card, that's a huge plus.
My babies posing.
Quote from bmwe30m3 :My babies posing.

We have the one on the right at the company but it's a NCKIA

Post your phone
(403 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG