The online racing simulator
Meteorite in Russia today
(37 posts, started )
^ Karl

It's just an ordinary asteroid, I'm pretty sure those fall into oceans quite often... It just happened in a town now.
#4 - Litro
#6 - Litro
OK, but im sure this must looks the same..
Nope, that fell into a lake.
#8 - Litro
You were there?
Quote from Litro :You were there?

So you have no idea what's the thread is about?
? Where did You see info where it actually did fall?
I mean this is a thread about meteorite that fell into the lake in middle russia today (according to the news), you come and post a random fake video of some hole in turkmenistan(as the title of your video said) and then ask a rather wierd question.
Quote :More likely, the meteor exploded before hitting the ground because of the enormous heat generated by the compression of air in front of the meteor or asteroid. This phenomenon is called asteroid airburst or bolide.

Source
Please...show where is said that it fall into lake.
Could be fake...but we`ll see the true later..
hoax

fake and gay
this is supposed to be the place where a debris of the meteorite fell

You guy's seem to be so full of it sometimes.....

" Meteor is a conspiracy if it doesn't happen over the US "

A large meteor was spotted blazing through the sky over Russia today.
A Russian Interior Spokesman confirmed that a space rock did indeed crash to earth near the city of Chelyabinsk in the Ural Mountains where over 400 injuries were reported.
http://theintelhub.com/2013/02 ... rike-confirmed-in-russia/

'A meteor streaked across the sky and exploded over central Russia yesterday, raining fireballs over a wide area and causing a shock wave that smashed windows, damaged buildings and injured more than 1000 people.'
http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/m ... in-central-russia-5343021

So even NZ media accept it happened

And it's not just Russia,

Residents of the city of Rhodes, the province of Cienfuegos, Cuba, said he witnessed the crash and explosion of a celestial body on the evening of Wednesday, reported a local television station.Cubans say the meteor exploded in the sky, causing a bright light and making the city the houses tremble. The beam would be the size of a bus, the station reports
http://sherriequestioningall.b ... rite-over-cuba-today.html

Sorry if none of my reports are from 'Fox, the news you can believe'

And all this matchs the fact that....

'
A near-Earth asteroid – called 2012 DA14 by astronomers – swept safely past Earth today (February 15, 2013).
At its closest to us, it was within the orbit of the moon (which averages about a quarter million miles away), and closer than some high-orbiting communications satellites – about 17,200 miles (27,680 kilometers) away. The asteroid sped harmlessly past, with its closest approach today at 1925 UTC (1:25 p.m. CST).'

Or possibly not.............

But they haven’t warned about shrapnel rocks breaking through and landing.

It’s unclear whether the meteor that hit Russia is related to this flyby, but it seems likely since meteor showers are falling the exact same day.
Reuters is reporting that event as meteor showers but mentions the correlation between Asteroid 2012 DA14:
The Emergencies Ministry described Friday’s events as a “meteor shower in the form of fireballs” and said background radiation levels were normal. It urged residents not to panic.
Chelyabinsk city authorities urged people to stay indoors unless they needed to pick up their children from schools and kindergartens.
They said a blast had been heard at an altitude of 10,000 meters (32,800 feet), apparently signaling it occurred when the meteorite entered Earth’s atmosphere.
The U.S. space agency NASA has said an asteroid known as 2012 DA14, about 46 meters in diameter, would have an encounter with Earth closer than any asteroid since scientists began routinely monitoring them about 15 years ago.
Read the news and watched some pictures / movies of the thing, spectatuclar!
Not a rare thing actually, but it's rare that humans gets involved.
IIRC a meteroit of that size hits the earth at least 1 time each year.
Quote from The Very End :IIRC a meteroit of that size hits the earth at least 1 time each year.

Nope,it's wrong - you don't get an annual 20-30x stronger than nuclear bomb meteorite blast here on Earth. I read,that so big stone drops here approx once per century.

The previous was in Syberia 1906 after info I read.
From NASA's website, the one over Russia was around 15 metres across.

For comparison, the meteor which caused Meteor Crater In Texas (a 1km crater), was around 50 metres across.

It came from the opposite direction to 2012 DA14, and the two events are unrelated.

Quote from Eclipsed :I read,that so big stone drops here approx once per century.

Yes, I've read from a few sources that this was a once-in-100-years occurrence.
Ahhh ****, you are right sorry! Missread and 100 got down to 1

(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG