The online racing simulator
Announcing GT4 Cup
(48 posts, started )

Poll : Are you interested to drive in this cup?

Yes, Definetily
Not at all
Not Sure
Quote from MoMo92i :

learning drivers to rape tyres isn't my philosophy. Bye

lol? anyway bye bye

However, I tried some GT4 cars on FE1R, there FXO GT4 was powerful, while XF GT4 was slowest:

laptimes:

FX4 : 41.20
XR4 : 41.79
FZ4 : 41.80
UF4 : 41.86
XF4 : 42.02
You know I'm not trying to get the piss on you. Only trying to demonstrate that endurance races with GTR with such restriction isn't really interesting and will give nightmare to drivers wanted to keep heat on their tyres.

Basically you will have to do exactly the opposite of what every other car of this game is in term of tyres management. You'll need a set aggressive on tyres and an aggressive driving. That will not help people to improve. I didn't even managed to powerslide XRR with GT3 set with really stiff back. I like to believe that this kind of league (like GT3tcc for example) helps driver to improve and get on the top racers in the top series, but I don't think this class would help.

Furthermore laptimes could be similar, but you will have a lot of difference in term of straight line speed (220km/h for XR4 at AS5) and cornering speed (UFR is about 135ish through T1 at AS5, XR4 is 170 !). That would make the racing really entertaining because there will be no close fight. Will be a lot of move but only UFR overtaking GTR on straight and GTR diving UFR underbraking or doing a perfect outside line.

I have a lot of experience with XRR and even with no downforce i'm feeling as if the car gets too much grip in fast corner which is quite astonishing to be honest (actually can't accelerate to critical speed in some corner like AS4/5 split 2 complex).

For my point of view sprint races or multiclass GT2(3)/NGT would be much more interesting.

@Ray : U 'Murican !
I've used new restrictions and my infamous FE3 GT3 setup for XRR,
and i did 40.94 with shit cambers at your test combo FE1R on XR4.
and there is something to cut from that time cos i didn't make any serious retune from GT3.

Edit: btw this league can be nice if you make it as a sprint races with small tracks with much turns but:
Tracks has to get more than turn left (allusion to FE1R) just because very important inside tyres will be ice cold (black) after 1h race
Quote from MoMo92i :You know I'm not trying to get the piss on you. Only trying to demonstrate that endurance races with GTR with such restriction isn't really interesting and will give nightmare to drivers wanted to keep heat on their tyres.

Basically you will have to do exactly the opposite of what every other car of this game is in term of tyres management. You'll need a set aggressive on tyres and an aggressive driving. That will not help people to improve. I didn't even managed to powerslide XRR with GT3 set with really stiff back. I like to believe that this kind of league (like GT3tcc for example) helps driver to improve and get on the top racers in the top series, but I don't think this class would help.

Furthermore laptimes could be similar, but you will have a lot of difference in term of straight line speed (220km/h for XR4 at AS5) and cornering speed (UFR is about 135ish through T1 at AS5, XR4 is 170 !). That would make the racing really entertaining because there will be no close fight. Will be a lot of move but only UFR overtaking GTR on straight and GTR diving UFR underbraking or doing a perfect outside line.

I have a lot of experience with XRR and even with no downforce i'm feeling as if the car gets too much grip in fast corner which is quite astonishing to be honest (actually can't accelerate to critical speed in some corner like AS4/5 split 2 complex).

For my point of view sprint races or multiclass GT2(3)/NGT would be much more interesting.

@Ray : U 'Murican !

Hm ok

First of all, I am not trying to piss of you guys either, but have you tried it with more people?

Of course, it makes a TB4 effect for sure, but on most of tracks the effect is actually smaller than you would think. You can actually have a close fight, specially when having tight U-turns, where downforce isn't much on effect or at all. Of course, Oval will be too much as AS1 in opposite way, but so it is on TB4 and people have good racing on there.

But there is something where you are right

I am thinking those 1 hour races, and it is not good. Instead of that, there would be like somewhat 20-30 minute races or 30-40km long races. Altough I am not proven wrong about in some cases, but have to admit, 1 hour race would suck as hell. Did not thought that too much until now

BTW what is the freaking skill you can go that fast with XR GT4? but so slow with UF GT4? :S

Quote from luki97 :I've used new restrictions and my infamous FE3 GT3 setup for XRR,
and i did 40.94 with shit cambers at your test combo FE1R on XR4.
and there is something to cut from that time cos i didn't make any serious retune from GT3.

Edit: btw this league can be nice if you make it as a sprint races with small tracks with much turns but:
Tracks has to get more than turn left (allusion to FE1R) just because very important inside tyres will be ice cold (black) after 1h race

Yeah, altough that would be not a problem, but definetily too long in my opinion, 20-30 minutes or 40-50km long races would be good

Quote from THE WIZARD DK :I think this is a very good idea unknownmaster21 . id like to join but im not sure if its actually gonna fit in the schedule... does it have kittens? in that case im in K

Sounds good
didn't try UF4 actually did compare my XR laptime with UFR WR.

What I'm afraid is that actually GTR driver in order to pass NGT will have to outbrake them. In FE1 braking zone was really short so on really short track that could cause GTR driver to dive like retard NGT in order to pass them. Of course I agree that it should be confirmed or not by test racing but that's my worry for such a class with so different cars.
I did some more driving today and i think at FE1R there will be possible to achieve nearly same laptimes as XFR or maybe even UFR WR times.
Also this is a hard situation because XFR and UFR in your league are restricted so they are even slower by this porbably around 0.3s +/-. Anyways nGT's has better acceleration so it will be disturbing to make a good run for GTR's.
From other side GTR's has so much grip and comparing to nGTs its faster like 10km/h to even around 20km/h per turn. GTR driver only has to keep highest possible speed and holding throttle pedal for 80%/90% of lap but a nGT driver has to be just an alien in his car to achive GTR's pace. Also Im worried it could make problems when comes to turns:
xr4 can go in T1 on fe1r like mad from 190km/h and just lift throttle and put full again into apex without losing any traction and coming thru T1 with minimum speed of 150km/h next turn is possible around 140km/h, comparing this to even non restricted nGT its like:
slowing hardly from 200kmh (in restricted is 190 but it doesnt matter) and going into T1 with 140km/h with really really hard work. I think I've tryied to make quick enough T1 in XFR like 10-15 times (yes that much times i was out from track after t1) before I learned how to drive it "quick" and still was 15km/h slower than GTR.
Sorry for my text Wall to you but in short: im not sure how it will be at fast tracks but on FE1R it looks like one will just disturb other to make a clean lap without contact (in that slow and easy to drive cars like GTR any contact can ruin whole race).

Im not going to make your league down or sth, I've just did some Testing for you .
Just think about it, test more and how you will make it is up to you
Didn't you cry some time ago that you and your team are leaving LFS? Attention whore?
Quote from luki97 :I did some more driving today and i think at FE1R there will be possible to achieve nearly same laptimes as XFR or maybe even UFR WR times.
Also this is a hard situation because XFR and UFR in your league are restricted so they are even slower by this porbably around 0.3s +/-. Anyways nGT's has better acceleration so it will be disturbing to make a good run for GTR's.
From other side GTR's has so much grip and comparing to nGTs its faster like 10km/h to even around 20km/h per turn. GTR driver only has to keep highest possible speed and holding throttle pedal for 80%/90% of lap but a nGT driver has to be just an alien in his car to achive GTR's pace. Also Im worried it could make problems when comes to turns:
xr4 can go in T1 on fe1r like mad from 190km/h and just lift throttle and put full again into apex without losing any traction and coming thru T1 with minimum speed of 150km/h next turn is possible around 140km/h, comparing this to even non restricted nGT its like:
slowing hardly from 200kmh (in restricted is 190 but it doesnt matter) and going into T1 with 140km/h with really really hard work. I think I've tryied to make quick enough T1 in XFR like 10-15 times (yes that much times i was out from track after t1) before I learned how to drive it "quick" and still was 15km/h slower than GTR.
Sorry for my text Wall to you but in short: im not sure how it will be at fast tracks but on FE1R it looks like one will just disturb other to make a clean lap without contact (in that slow and easy to drive cars like GTR any contact can ruin whole race).

Im not going to make your league down or sth, I've just did some Testing for you .
Just think about it, test more and how you will make it is up to you

Hmm, thanks for the test, so it showed the "TB4 Effect".

Well, good and bad @ same time. Seems it still needs small tweaks on it. Some say NGT cars are well balanced and GTR is problem, some say that GTR cars are well balanced and NGT is problem. Funny.

But yeah, special ingredients
I think it's not about balance within GTR or NGT but between both. probably need to find a way to slow down NGT on straight and slow down GTR in corner.

Maybe try to add even more weight to GTR, give them more power ?
Quote from VTiRacing :Didn't you cry some time ago that you and your team are leaving LFS? Attention whore?

he said he was leaving for some time but would be back.
Sounds pretty interesting, but i'm not sure who will choose NGT over GTR...
I would participate
Hello!
Im interested too. I will drive this IF races are earlier and 1hour or 45min races
UF GT4 ( 12%) UFR
XF GT4 ( 11% ) XFR
XR GT4 ( 45%/120kg ) XRR
FZ50 GT4 ( 38%/100kg ) FZR
FXO GT4 ( 44%/100kg ) FXR

new restrictions announced
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :UF GT4 ( 12%) UFR
XF GT4 ( 11% ) XFR
XR GT4 ( 45%/120kg ) XRR
FZ50 GT4 ( 38%/100kg ) FZR

new restrictions announced

Maybe update OP if updating restrictions or rules.
Interested.
Updated race days will be tuesday only due to awfully less time

Setting up the stuff on February-March

Signups will be opened on Start of February
Good!
FINAL RESTRICTIONS!

UF GT4 ( 8%) UFR
XF GT4 ( 7% ) XFR
XR GT4 ( 45%/120kg ) XRR
FZ50 GT4 ( 37%/100kg ) FZR
very nice!