The online racing simulator
Look at this!
(18 posts, started )
Look at this!
Does anyone remember the motorbike thread at rsc?
Well, have a look at this pic! Found it while hex-editing lfs.exe

do you also see the word "bike" ?
Attached images
omg look!.JPG
#2 - avih
lol. u naugty boy
Interesting find, I think it's been discussed before or it may have been something similar
I think descriptions like that have been in there for a couple of years now.
:wow:
i think i would rather wait to see a surprise than spoil it
hmmm yes interesting but somehow i just dont believe lfs will include a bike... i just cant imagine racing a bike with a wheel unless the devs make somekind of new control system for it..... though oval racing with a bike in LFS could prove to be somewhat exciting......

wouldnt want try and keep the rear wheel temps down though lol..... ohh and driver falling animation would also be quite funny.. just imagine some fool taking out the field and then having 10 or so riders trying to run to their bikes......it would be like a marathon

stil remember the ea sports superbike 2001 hahahah... some goood crashes...

guess we will just have to wait and see what the devs will suprise us with in the years to come...

mad
i see 100cc karts there too
I want the Hire Kart !!!!!!!!!!!
Kart types have been there since the dawn of time. Bikes are new to me though. Fonnybone would be the guy to ask really.
this is extremely old news. that stuff has been in there since the alpha demo came out. In fact everything except "bike" has been there since S1.
Old news mate. Well, to some of us anyway..
Quote from Madman CZ : hmmm yes interesting but somehow i just dont believe lfs will include a bike... i just cant imagine racing a bike with a wheel unless the devs make somekind of new control system for it.....

I have no doubt that a bike will eventually be included in the avalable vehicles. The game was always intended as a racing simulation, and I have always been under the impression that LFS physics programming supported both more and less then 4 wheels from teh ground up, Which means we could see all sorts of vehicles at some point. This may very well be incorrect, But none the less I still think we will get bikes at some point in LFS Future.

As for the controls, well its always been a tricky one but Im kind of excited as i just realised that the perfect control able to give you the required seperate Lean and Steering inputs is a more common gaming peripheral then a wheel. Take any joystick with twist handle action and voila! The joysticks main 2 axis for weight transfer of rider and the twist handle for steering. I wonder how hard it would be to use?
i've tried a few bike video games and i also have my own sport bike. one thing i found in the games was that it wouldn't let me flick it from side to side as fast as i could in real and it was annoying enough that i didn't bother playing anymore.

speedfreak227
Interestingly, the .raf format does not assume 4 wheels but rather is self describing and allows any number of wheels. Nice bit of forward planning there.
My preferred peripheral for motorbike sims (eg: THQs MotoGP series) is the Xbox controller!! Two joysticks, one for rider weight transfer (forward/backward)/leaning (to turn corners) and the other for acceleration and braking. One can buy Xbox USB converters ... I came across mine with my old MadCatz Xbox/PC wheel. Top stuff!

BTW, what is the story behind the screenshot ... what the devs are working on? It would be very fitting for Scawen to code a bike into the game, as that appears to be his preferred mode of transport.
Im fairly certain that the story is that bikes was originally intended (or atleast the support for a bike) to be available in LFS from the ground up. I think that LFS coding and the persuit to such high standards has probably taken longer then scawen thought it would, or that during the process so far it was decided that other things needed polishing. As I said I dont expect it, but I really do think we will see a bike In S3 days. Its probably a while off yet though.
S4 maybe?

Look at this!
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG