The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from e2mustang :im gonna fire up my cracked version tonight and see how this game is still a pos. just for fun

That version from about 4 years ago? Well, no surprise that it's a piece of shit.
oh wait its pos. wont start without a wheel. im not gonna clean 2 kilos of dust of it. meh
iRacing has always been able to start without a wheel.
it starts but than thats it,you cant play with mouse or kb which is bullshit
By the way, raping my SR is the only way to go back to B license from A? I've had some Star Mazda races where I got crashed out like 4/5 races. 1 was actually my fault, missed a braking point. Maybe I should've given up after the 1st DSQ, everyone wants to win in the first lap, lapped cars are fighting with me and accidentally raping me after they got bored enough.

Why I'm asking? Now that both my SR and iRating is ridiculous, I want to demote myself from A to B. I don't even race the F1 because I suck at it, B would be more than enough for me. So IIRC, if I go below 1.00 I automatically get demoted to B what, 2.00? Are there any more disadvantages, like exclusions from races or anything?
Race hard, don't worry about 1x's etc, sooner or later you may just be in B. Like they said before in this thread, stop caring about SR and you'll be fine.
Quote from PMD9409 :Race hard, don't worry about 1x's etc, sooner or later you may just be in B. Like they said before in this thread, stop caring about SR and you'll be fine.

1x's are not really an issue, more like the 4x's. I'm the most unlucky dude on Earth that I can't avoid these silly accidents, I'm always in the middle of the pack. Damages make me mad as well, I get rear ended a bit, and my STEERING is broken, I don't get it because the front axis is totally untouched. Anyway, I'll just find another series and forget about SS cars for a while.
SS is make or break, which is mainly why I never raced them much.
Quote from e2mustang :it starts but than thats it,you cant play with mouse or kb which is bullshit

I did have a brief go with mouse and keyboard a long time ago. It can be done by creating a virtual joystick with ppJoy, and then using a GlovePIE script to assign mouse axes and keyboard buttons to the virtual device.

When I tried it, I think I used ppJoy's own config interface which is rubbish. GlovePIE is much better. Also, I remember that it required a lot of alt-tabbing out to turn the script on and off to navigate menus, not to mention calibration being annoying. In theory though, it may be possible to get it usable. I use my mouse & keyboard as a wheel & pedals in nKP, GTL/GTR/2 and (sometimes) LFS, and it works perfectly. Even better than perfectly, because it allows easy fine-tuning of axis sensitivity..
Quote from e2mustang :it starts but than thats it,you cant play with mouse or kb which is bullshit

You can now play with a mouse or touch screen in the actual version.

Quote from Töki (HUN) :By the way, raping my SR is the only way to go back to B license from A? I've had some Star Mazda races where I got crashed out like 4/5 races. 1 was actually my fault, missed a braking point. Maybe I should've given up after the 1st DSQ, everyone wants to win in the first lap, lapped cars are fighting with me and accidentally raping me after they got bored enough.

Why I'm asking? Now that both my SR and iRating is ridiculous, I want to demote myself from A to B. I don't even race the F1 because I suck at it, B would be more than enough for me. So IIRC, if I go below 1.00 I automatically get demoted to B what, 2.00? Are there any more disadvantages, like exclusions from races or anything?

If you got to A 0.xx then you would be automatically demoted to B 1.xx, and if you were still B 1.xx at the end of week 13 you would then be demoted to C 2.xx.

But your post displays a fundamental misunderstanding of the SR system. It is based on corners per incident for the past xx corners (can't remember if it's 1600 or 2000), so if you lose your B licence because you've been getting lots of incidents, as soon as you become a cleaner driver your SR will go back up again. And assuming you've met your MPR, you will be promoted back to class A again. So in other words, shut up and drive, only worry about your SR if you're close to getting demoted or you want to be promoted.

Well, the most recent version supports mouse steering. No point dismissing it completely from an ancient cracked version.
well judgeing from the videos of recent races from lfsers,specially the crashes its still a pos. is there a new cracked version btw so i can verify this?
Quote from e2mustang :well judgeing from the videos of recent races from lfsers,specially the crashes its still a pos. is there a new cracked version btw so i can verify this?

I'm pretty sure that, if you're absolutely convinced (with near religious zeal, from what I can tell) that something is utter shite, you're not going to change your mind by checking out a product to verify your pre-established beliefs.

tldr: You're spitting something out before you've tasted it.
no i tasted it before,im not the only one saying this tho. it could change my mind if it is better,but even ifans say its crap even with new tyremodel
Don't have any problem with it. Still winning allot with the MX-5

I now need some more SR so tonight i'll do some racing and then I'm fully ready for promotion
Quote from e2mustang :no i tasted it before,im not the only one saying this tho. it could change my mind if it is better,but even ifans say its crap even with new tyremodel

the mx5 is alot of fun.

think i won some of the first races i did.

but then gave up becase lfs/work. u might like it jabba.
i admit i had fun with radical but thats it,other cars felt like trains. i know its updated 'n shit but i dont think i would pay all that money for it.
Quote from e2mustang :i admit i had fun with radical but thats it,other cars felt like trains. i know its updated 'n shit but i dont think i would pay all that money for it.

should of got the 6/3month free then
Quote from e2mustang :well judgeing from the videos of recent races from lfsers,specially the crashes its still a pos. is there a new cracked version btw so i can verify this?

Can you link us to a few of these videos? And yes a new cracked version is available for $10.
Quote from boothy :Can you link us to a few of these videos? And yes a new cracked version is available for $10.

cba to link but bash0r and niki loves to upload those vids
Quote from e2mustang :cba to link but bash0r and niki loves to upload those vids

You do know that there are some BMWs coming right? Surely this means you are also cumming right?

right?

right?
ill do that thanks !

EDIT: i subscribed for that 6 month free 0$ thing so i got a 3 month free membership with 1 $ charged on my card
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG