The online racing simulator
Samsung Galaxy Ace problem!? Help!
(13 posts, started )
#1 - Omar1
Hi, i've had my galaxy ace since Christmas, its running standard android 2.3.6. Some times it has been freezing/crashing when looking at photos, but i think that was a problem with WiFi.. Anyway, today i went to listen to some music, and there was nothing in my music! I thought this was a little odd, so i restarted my phone thinking it would be fine afterwards... after media scanning complete, i opened music again and there was nothing there! so i went into my files, and i could easily find all the music that i have on my phone, it's still there but it isnt showing up in the music app? Furthermore, gallery: After the music issue, i had a look at my gallery, and the photos i had taken yesterday were not there (about 15 photos), i had tried unmounting the SD card, taking it from the phone, cleaning it etc etc. Later on in the day, i check my gallery again, now it is showing photos from november! none of the ones i taken since that.

Connected phone to PC, tried to look at photos as they are still in the 'my files' bit, (freezes up if i try view them that way) they werent loading, then i got an error message on the pc and now i cant access the phones files from my pc at all!

I have no idea what is causing this, perhaps the cold? it's been -3 - -1 today, is that causing the sd card/phone to play up? PLEASE! help!
Do you have any other phones to test the SD car in? Sounds like a faulty one.
Though if it works in another phone fine then you could try backing up any files/settings on the actual phone and then reset to factory settings. Usually fixes most errors as something may have been corrupt.
#3 - Omar1
Yeah i still got my galaxy mini, but its got no battery at the moment so i'll try it tomorrow
#4 - Omar1
just tried the sd card in the galaxy mini, media scanning seems to freeze at a % then takes a while to 'complete' media scanning.... music still not there and pictures have gone from gallery, if i try to view them from my files, it just freezes up the phone
Sounds like a corrupt card, or broken card. If you have a card reader on a pc/laptop the best thing would be to see if that can read any files on it. If not then the only thing I can think that would (possibly) fix it is full formatting it, not quick, a full format will hopefully find any bad sectors if it has any.

Note: You WILL lose all data on it so if there is anything that you really need to get off it then I would try to use a card reader on it to retrieve these.

It may just be corrupt entries in the FATable so it just hangs looking for a file that isn't really there, but it looks like it is to any programs. If you copy files from a reader onto a PC/laptop you'll get a file not found message, if that had to happen then just skip those files until all readable files are copied, full format to FAT32, then copy all your files/folders back onto it.
-
(theodu69) DELETED by theodu69
#6 - Omar1
i got fed up with it, after hours of fixing and scanning it on windows, it lost all my pictures, and still hasnt been fixed, i formatted it and whenever i put it in the phone it says 'damaged SD card', so i'll stick with my 2gb for now.
yeah sounds like a damaged card, Same happened to my psp card I could put things on it with windows but whenever it was put into the psp everything was corrupt and unreadable.
I had the same issue on my phone's old SD card. it started acting up a month after installing it into my phone. I couldn't install apps directly on it, strangely enough, moving apps to the card worked for a while.
I know people who have had similar issue. Havent heard about it on the iPhone though (iPhone> Android)
Quote from Bmxtwins :I know people who have had similar issue. Havent heard about it on the iPhone though (iPhone> Android)

Because the iPhone doesn't have an SD card...?
Quote from J@tko :Because the iPhone doesn't have an SD card...?

or bluetooth :l
There is Bluetooth? Just awful lol e.g the iPod has it but the only thing that's possible with non apple devices is Internet tethering..

Apple and iOS is just awful if you want to do anything other than basic functions and what apple say you can do sure you can jail break them and add some stuff but their OS is still too closed and locked down for power users etc
It's probably only popular because its so stable (in most ways) and only 1 version exists, where android there's like 40 different builds from phone companies. Making most experiences with android bad because they fill it with bloatware, 3rd party apps and god awful launchers (Yes, you..HTC and Samsung lol)
At least android is mostly open source and built on top of Linux with a lot more customisable things.
Hell I can even run Ubuntu natively from flash on my android phone, its slow but works

Kinda off topic but well, I just don't like apple xD
well I have an iPod 4g but only used for music to save my phone battery when out walking, I still hate the OS
phone has had no problems since using the 2GB SD card... the 4GB still has warranty but the ebay seller hasnt messaged back

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG