The online racing simulator
500servers.com Support Thread
(2865 posts, closed, started )
For all intents and purposes, you know what I mean and I like dean alot but I cannot deal with outages anymore.
The thing is, this is all speculation. However, if I were running a business I'd make sure there was a contingency plan in place should anything happen to me to ensure that at the very least customers got notified. But I suspect the most likely explanation here is that 500servers has simply gone bust or not paid it's bills on time (this is just an educated guess btw). As a customer with no information, the only thing we can do really is look around for alternative hosting. That's not meant to be unkind if anything bad has happened - I don't know Dean - it's just how things are.
Quote from meddc : I suspect the most likely explanation here is that 500servers has simply gone bust or not paid it's bills on time...

Not sure its that - more like the servers in the 81.19..... range have the problem, and need rebooted.

Quote from The Very End : I think it's pretty serious, for all we know he can be at hospital or worse now, and then starting to worry about such a petty thing as a server .. well no - there are more important things in this world. Sure, I can see the aspect about paying money for this, but lets just find out first what has happend to him, and then take it from there ok?

Problem for us customers (and the majority of us haven't complained, and I personally think its likely to be a very serious health issue) is that we've paid money for a service, and (as I have) likely paid 6 months or more in advance for the use of the host server, but because Dean's a one man band, there is no way for any of us to find out what's happening, or to even contact Dean.

Also, as we don't know who provides the servers to 500Servers, so we can't contact that business to ask what's happening or ask them to do something.

I can't raise a ticket to say my server is not working as I can't get into the server to leave message, and apart from this forum, there's no other known way to let him know what's happening (assuming he's in a fit state to give a flying fig).

The other thing about us "customers" of 500Servers, is that we are also a type of "business", in that we rent out a server, and at our cost, we provide that server to LFS racers for free.
Agreed. Basically, everybody hopes he's OK, while at the same time wishing for their servers to be back up or at least to know what's going on and when they will be back up.

It's precisely the "one man band" thing that's the problem. (Occasionally he has had one or two others step in, tho IIRC they've been silent this time.)

But... I reckon most of the people who get their servers from him - or at least the ones who are posting here - have been aware for some time that he is a one man band, so it's not like this can have taken them by surprise...
Well , something important happend for sure.

Or anything went wrong with servers and he didn't recieve the information cause he's away or

Let's hope for you all that he comes back soon,

I think KillerCreation Networks provides service to 500 Servers, correct me if I am wrong, so we can contact them to look for further information. At this point I'm wondering if I should ask PayPal to contact Dean if they can. Anyway, I really hope he is OK and I want to see him back soon :-)
For what i've seen on their page... There are more than 560 Dedicated servers And many more game servers running.

Dont think its their problem, still i will try to contact them tomorrow.

Stay tuned, Good Night.
Sorry Dean , I hope you're alright, but I have a league coming out of a winter stop.. The league is about to restart in about 2 weeks and I do have obligations to the races in my league.. even if they don't pay for it.. I've organised it so I carry the obligation !.

So a totally other question.. What is another good host service for LFS?? good price /quality ?

Thank you guys... But be realistic... after one month waiting, I don't think we see 500 servers online ...... ever ...
Quote from hanzime :Sorry Dean , I hope you're alright, but I have a league coming out of a winter stop.. The league is about to restart in about 2 weeks and I do have obligations to the races in my league.. even if they don't pay for it.. I've organised it so I carry the obligation !.

So a totally other question.. What is another good host service for LFS?? good price /quality ?

Thank you guys... But be realistic... after one month waiting, I don't think we see 500 servers online ...... ever ...

Would be glad to host a server for you , talk in private for prices if interested

Thankyou Eclipsed,
[IMPORTANT]500Servers.com - Shutdown cause of inpaid bill.
@Carnage , Op support sales from Killer Creation Company.

Quote :<Frozen233> on a racing simulator , there is a hosting company called 500servers, which hosts servrs , for what i've heard , your company provides them the machines for host , the thing is , that they are offline since more than 1 month already , and the customers are complaining to them. The owner is away and doesnt reply , so i would like to know if possible , if there is something wrong with their service?
<Frozen233> Does your company provide them their machines?
<Carnage> ive no idea who that is
<Carnage> i deal in ip's billing names
<Frozen233> for what i know
<Frozen233> the owner name is Franky
<Frozen233> and website is 500servers.com
<Frozen233> oh sorry
<Frozen233> his real name is Dean
<Frozen233> Franky is his nickname for games i think.
<Frozen233> he's from London, UK
<Frozen233> His ip starts with 81.19
<Carnage> theyve not paid bill
<Carnage> steve will talk to you
<Frozen233> okay

Smith's ( Steve ) Sales support , Killer Creation Hosting Company.
Quote :<Frozen233> hello
<Smiths^> Hello
<Smiths^> How can i help?
<Frozen233> Carnage is already helping
<Frozen233> thankyou
<Frozen233>
<Smiths^> no problem
<Smiths^> hes passed it over to me
<Frozen233> yes
<Smiths^> 500servers.com
<Frozen233> indeed,
<Frozen233> they didnt pay bill?
<Smiths^> We had to shut them down due to non payment unfortunatly.
<Frozen233> okay
<Frozen233> all their info (inside the machine)
<Frozen233> is lost?
<Smiths^> yes sorry
<Frozen233> it's cause some websites from them are still running but serivces not
<Smiths^> he i would think he is resetting up the services.
<Frozen233> and do you know any info about him
<Frozen233> i mean , why didnt he pay? he wanted to stop'
<Frozen233> ?
<Smiths^> nope we dont know any further information unfortunatlly and not had any contact since.
<Frozen233> well , it's really weird.
<Frozen233> i will give this information to the forums from them , let's see what will happen , all services and info are lost.
<Frozen233> thankyou

Don't wait anymore for 500servers.com
Dean stopped paying them , so they shutted down the machine from 500servers and everything is lost, that's the reason why services arent running.

As promised , here's the logs and the information about the conversation , if don't believe it , go your self to their #irc , you may check it on www.killercreation.co.uk

Killer Creation #IRC: [url="irc://uk.quakenet.org/killercreation.co.uk"]irc://uk.quakenet.org/killercreation.co.uk[/url]

Best Regards, The worst news for 500servers and their customers.

Yours sincerly,
Quote from Chriship :@Carnage , Op support sales from Killer Creation Company.

Smith's ( Steve ) Sales support , Killer Creation Hosting Company.

Don't wait anymore for 500servers.com
Dean stopped paying them , so they shutted down the machine from 500servers and everything is lost, that's the reason why services arent running.

As promised , here's the logs and the information about the conversation , if don't believe it , go your self to their #irc , you may check it on www.killercreation.co.uk

Killer Creation #IRC: [url="irc://uk.quakenet.org/killercreation.co.uk"]irc://uk.quakenet.org/killercreation.co.uk[/url]

Best Regards, The worst news for 500servers and their customers.

Yours sincerly,

ouch. Welp, certainly making a dispute on Paypal requesting money back.
Dean stopped paying them? I don't know how he would just stop paying for the hosts.

Something must have happened to him
Quote from PoVo :Dean stopped paying them? I don't how he would just stop paying for the hosts.

Something must have happened to him

Yea, It's quite unusual for sure, he was last heard from on December 11th, I figured with as big of a LFS Server hoster he is, he would have servers payed for months in advanced... but guess not... :/ Hopefully he is getting better... Would really suck if something horrible happened to him...
Quote from T3charmy :ouch. Welp, certainly making a dispute on Paypal requesting money back.

Me too
Already opened one this morning looking for information. I'm requesting money back now as soon as possible, if it's possible.
Well lets hope that PayPal gets your money back , atleast more than the 50% of the amount.

We'll see,

Good Night.
maybe he dint pay because he is in the hospital or maybe dead
its nothing for him to do this
Yep im gonna put a dispute in also. I hope dean is ol but I meed my service
Well...

All customers from 500 servers who are affected with this situation and need a server , contact me if want to, and i will give you servers at a special low price.

Thats the only thing i can do for help, Dean helped me when i got problems so i will do the same.

If interested let me know via here, private or Skype : Frozen233

Best Regards,
Well maybe Dean just went in hiding, maybe he just didn't want to do 500 servers no more but also didn't want to refund, i find that hard to believe why hes done this but maybe things caught up to him we just don't know.

this reminds me of [LC] Liberty Cruise, when hayward dissepeard lol.
Well , we dont know the reasons for what he didnt pay.

The company lost the contact with him , we too... So no way to find him , all is lost so

Maybe something bad happened, but also consider this... If you had taken money from lots of people and could no longer provide the service you promised, would you definitely face the angry mob?
I can see why someone wouldn't be keen to face an angry mob - in person.

But posting a message to say "sorry guys, business went tits up, money's all gone, my apologies but I can't refund you; you better look elsewhere for hosting" would have been so much better than silence.

So yeah, maybe his body and/or head are not in a good place...
Quote from Chriship :Well...

All customers from 500 servers who are affected with this situation and need a server , contact me if want to, and i will give you servers at a special low price.

Thats the only thing i can do for help, Dean helped me when i got problems so i will do the same.

If interested let me know via here, private or Skype : Frozen233

Best Regards,

Id rather buy from a more reliable provider. I think cgnl is starting servers
This thread is closed

500servers.com Support Thread
(2865 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG