The online racing simulator
MCI Packets
(3 posts, started )
MCI Packets
Hi Scawen:

I've mentioned this to Vic in IRC as well, but he wasn't sure at the difference between a client and a host for MCI packets.

As a client, connected to a host, I've asked for MCI packets in IS_ISI. I can join the track and I receive a consistent stream of packets as one would expect.

Now, I open up a 2nd LFS client (not connecting with Insim), connect to the same host and the instant I join track.. Client 1 ceases to receive MCI packets.

The moment I spectate (client #2), my Insim connected application begins to receive MCI packets again.

This feels almost like intentional behaviour, but I'm (nor was Vic) certain if it's actually intentional. I just wanted to make a thread to verify if it is in fact intentional behaviour or if it's accidental.

The reason I'm trying to get MCI packets as a guest is currently LFS has no way to show me that I'm in a Yellow flag area (only that I'm causing a yellow IS_FLG state).

It would be great if the Yellow Flag/Blue Flag states were in Outgauge (make things much easier), but for now I need to be able to create a link of "IS_FLG was created, yellow flag by PLID 4.. what node is PLID in?" and then check if I'm near that node to show the Yellow flag.
-
(rockclan) DELETED by rockclan : well i don't know, actually i guess
I'm in the process of building a dash, and I hadn't actually contemplated that the flags were so hard to monitor.

Having the flag signals relayed through Outgauge sounds a sensible idea, especially for dash telltales.

I'd certainly be interested in what comes out of this.
Yeah. Blue flags are easy because the packet says who is causing the blue flag, so if that PLID == your PLID then you're golden.

Yellow flags sadly follow the same rule, which becomes kinda useless because it only tells you if YOU are causing a yellow flag which is mostly useless unfortunately. They also have a "car behind" element to the flag, but from my testing that only works well for blue flags.

I dunno. I hope it gets better for my program's sake.

MCI Packets
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG