The online racing simulator
Post your phone
(403 posts, started )
vodomera
The HTC Wildfire just sucks tbh, I have tried it, but it's slow as hell.
Compared to the LG P500(wich is cheaper), and even my Samsung S5620(wich isn't even android) it's slow.
For example, I typed a adress in all of those phones web browser(used the built in one)and the adress was gsmarena.com, surprise surprise, the fastest was the cheapest phone, my S5620, second was the p500, third was the other p500, and fourth and the last was the HTC Wildfire, but that's just one thing.
For example, if you go to android market, and download some apps, for example iBeer, even that doesen't run well on the phone, and not to talk about angry birds.
Yes, I have done everything correctly, closed apps with taskkiller etc.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Anyone seen this, looks like N8 has some major problems, hope yours runs fine Velociround.

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/ ... w-problems-and-questions/

Before beginning this post I'd like to invite people who like/has some kind of interest in/want to know more about the new Symbian (and others too, including phone models) to join me in a chat or something like that so we can share experiences and knowledge about it in general. My email is driv3r15(at)hotmail(dot)com and I'm always happy to offer help, suggest cool apps and games or just talk. You can also send a PM and we can talk about other things or platforms too.

Now, about that link... Sometimes I find hard to believe what I'm reading when I see that kind of comments in a website, because when I look at my phone and my heavy usage of it for everything I just think: "how come these people have got problems? I've never seen or experienced anything like this".

I noticed through some reading on that website that most problems are about rebooting, and there are some talking about battery and power problems. In fact, Nokia actually had few defective N8 produced with battery/power problems and wouldn't turn on again; they recognized this problem, the CEO told the press it was minor and compromised themselves to get these unlucky consumers that got defective units brand new N8, all you have to do is contact Nokia Care (also if you have any other kind of problems). PS: these defective phones were only produced in one of Nokias "fabrics", I don't know which, but it wasn't the one in Brazil (it's written under my phone: made in Brazil. I'm so proud to have a phone I really like produced in my country! It gives me some kind of patriotism feelings)

Now, about the rebooting part... I have no idea how people manage to do that. I've never had problems with this, and it's not like I spend my whole day optimizing the phone to run well, I just use it without worries. My N8 only rebooted by itself once: I had about 9 apps open, 3G(internet data), wifi(remote pc control), bluetooth(listening to music), and USB (connected to my "backup pc" to transfer photos and videos) at the same time. Everything was just fine until I decided to change the USB mode while it was connected from PC connectivity to Mass Storage mode. The former allows Ovi Suite to do whatever it wants with the phone and also browsing through all phone data without dismounting the drives (which means phone and PC can browse, read and write on the phone's drives simultaneously. But it's a bit slower for the pc if compared to Mass Storage because the phone has higher access priority.
In Mass Storage mode, the phone dismounts all its drives (except for the system) and gives the PC full access to them (like a pen drive), but you won't see the drives on the phone again until you either change the mode back or disconnect the cable so the phone can mount the drives again. So, when I changed the mode, the phone tried to dismount the drives and then rebooted in the new USB mode. I don't know why, maybe dismounting the drives while reading data on them (music) and with apps installed on them running was not such a good idea. Never happened again, though, and I couldn't reproduce this ever since.

So anyway, I'm very happy with my N8, and in these 4 months I've been using it I have never experienced any problems. I've had more than 300 apps/games installed (currently 29X, I had to get rid of some of them) and even some "hacks" (100% jpg photo quality, video recording hacks, 6 homescreens hack, etc). No problems.
Thank you for asking.

Notes: I have nothing against other platforms, it's just that I enjoy Symbian (S60v3 and Symbian^3) much more and I like it better because it suits me better. As such, I'll likely talk more about it when it seems relevant... it's my new hobby

Posted from Opera Mobile 11 on my N8.

PS: LOL at the size of this post, it wasn't intended to be so big
Quote from bmwe30m3 :vodomera
The HTC Wildfire just sucks tbh, I have tried it, but it's slow as hell.
Compared to the LG P500(wich is cheaper), and even my Samsung S5620(wich isn't even android) it's slow.
For example, I typed a adress in all of those phones web browser(used the built in one)and the adress was gsmarena.com, surprise surprise, the fastest was the cheapest phone, my S5620, second was the p500, third was the other p500, and fourth and the last was the HTC Wildfire, but that's just one thing.
For example, if you go to android market, and download some apps, for example iBeer, even that doesen't run well on the phone, and not to talk about angry birds.
Yes, I have done everything correctly, closed apps with taskkiller etc.

It's not the fastest thing, but the phone looks and feels like a 500e phone, it has a led flash which that LG doesn't, very usefull thing and i don't mean for the camera but for using it as a flash light.

As for Angry Birds, new Rio edition works much better then the normal, which makes no sense..
Quote from BastianB :

Same here, but the 16GB version. Got it for free from the company...

I use it for phonecalls. That's it...
blue enV 3...do you really need a picture
My new little friend. Had it for 1 day and i love it.

Meh.. I've had it for sometime but only now started using it, need internet while away from home (travian:schwitz

It's quite decent. Could be worse
Quote from nikopdr :you're all spoiled :P
NOKIA 3310

The only nokia with "throw to kill" mode
No really i seen bricks softer than 3310.

My current Фone.
Its not new i have it since 2006 and it still working, during normal usage battery hold for 7 days and there is only one scratch its looks almost like a new thing.
I figured i'd just ask here instead of a new thread, but im switching carriers from sprint and i canceled service yesterday. Now i began to realize that suddenly my old galaxy s2 won't charge anymore. Has anyone heard of a provider literally "turning" it off? I just want to use it for music till my phone cell comes in.

I bought it from amazon and use wall most of the time if that helps.
Check the conector, it's a pretty common failure. Usually it gets crazy, entering car mode and charging with no cable, but it maight be your case. Just moe around the charger cable to se if it reacts If you know ho to open the pone the usb board is pretty cheap.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :I figured i'd just ask here instead of a new thread, but im switching carriers from sprint and i canceled service yesterday. Now i began to realize that suddenly my old galaxy s2 won't charge anymore. Has anyone heard of a provider literally "turning" it off? I just want to use it for music till my phone cell comes in.

Usually you just dont get service. I mean my old verizon phone still works but I just cant send txts etc
Quote from Sueycide_FD :I figured i'd just ask here instead of a new thread, but im switching carriers from sprint and i canceled service yesterday. Now i began to realize that suddenly my old galaxy s2 won't charge anymore. Has anyone heard of a provider literally "turning" it off? I just want to use it for music till my phone cell comes in.

Service providers are not able to turn off 'charging' ability if that's what you mean. It should charge if you use the OEM cable and wall adapter. Sometimes the USB on your laptop/desktop isn't enough. Try turning the phone off (power draining it) and plug it into a wall outlet. It may turn on or starts to charge then.
Here's my phone, an HTC Legend. I was bored while doing my homework on my time off at school.
Attached images
11kh3k9.jpg

It's been iffy. like during class after i posted, i plugged it in and 30 minutes later its at 44%. Then over the course of the day it go back to it's old ways. Now it's charging fine whilst using it. Oh well, i can manage until I caress the lumina 920 :d
Quote from Chupacabras84 :
My current Фone.
Its not new i have it since 2006 and it still working, during normal usage battery hold for 7 days and there is only one scratch its looks almost like a new thing.

Heh, the most awesome Nokia ever built:-P Mine can go almost three weeks without recharging if it's left at total idle. The battery life is the only thing that keeps me from getting a device that 21st century considers a cell phone.
Might as well keep the thread going, ressurrected from 2011 xD

Desire HD, Rooted, Unlocked and running Custom Android 4.0.4 with Sense 4.1
Runs perfectly fine.. To bad HTC decided not to update to JellyBean officially, cause of "low performance"

Quote from MadCatX :Heh, the most awesome Nokia ever built:-P -//- The battery life is the only thing that keeps me from getting a device that 21st century considers a cell phone.

Since I got it in 2006 it still has same battery that come with the phone and it still hold a week with phone calls made daily.
And it can go on even longer if you live somewhere where is good signal.
If this phone ever dies I think I might buy same model (assuming it still be available) , it has everything a phone should have including right size an endurance.
the most sturdy phone I ever had was my first one, Alcatel One-Touch Easy, survived 50km/h drops while biking with nothing but a scratch. Well untill it got too wet one day in the rain and something inside corroded.

Got myself the new Motorola this weekend. So far I like it a lot, Android is super easy to use even for the untrained (had no real touchscreen device before), and the battery last ok. I'm on the third day since first charging, and including occasional facebook and mail checks, a few calls and 2 hours playing Pokemon (:shy its still at 30%. You just have to turn Wifi etc off if you don't use it.

I think its appearance is motorsport worthy (torx and kevlar, hmmm)
My brother bought a new phone as his Wave had to be serviced, but because it took some time for my father to take it there, I was using it for a week... Pretty nice phone if you don't mind the lagging and the restarts (The picture is with bada 1, it looks much better with bada 2 )

Before I was using the Wave, and ATM ('til the Wave comes back) I use a HTC Explorer.

Samsung Galaxy S2. I honestly have no idea how I ever used to survive without it.

And my desktop, below. I've done a fair bit of customisation, my favourite is the HTC-style clock widget.
I've also added a 64GB memory card so I can carry all my music with me, very useful since I lost my beloved, ageing 1G iPod Touch.

That's an ugly looking desktop Razz

Post your phone
(403 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG