The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
i kinda hate astra.
dont ask me why, i guess because its just such a boring car...
another possible reason: its a typical german ricer car, at least it was for a long time.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :i kinda hate astra.
dont ask me why, i guess because its just such a boring car...
another possible reason: its a typical german ricer car, at least it was for a long time.

I just needed a reliable runabout to go around and stuff, that uses a bit of fuel. It actually moves forward, and turns, and feels like a luxurious car after a Lada, I kind of like it.

And it was a 3-door hatch, which I was looking for. Might be getting GSi bumpers though, I'll see.

That and it was in surprisingly awesome condition for that price, I mean, there were no faults apart from the steering wheel isn't centered, but that's not a big problem. Timing belt changed 2k km's ago and interior hasn't been fitted with extra stuff that was removed that might leave holes etc. I only need to get new speakers onto the door panels and in the rear, that's about it.

Oh, and also moar lows.

(inb4 it's an Opel, and inb4 Opel and reliability cannot fit into the same sentence)

EDIT: it's a X16XEL Ecotec ~100hp. still getting some nice consumption, not as much i'd expect.

Golf was my first choice, however they seemed to get overpriced for their age/mileage so I didn't even bother.
if it suits ur needs then its just fine ofc
i wouldve gone for a golf i guess...or something like that.
and as long as u dont have more than 75 hp, it can get decent mpg.
those old opel engines (75+) are thirsty like hell D:
4 da hat3rz

Sharper edges on the camo effect and clearcoat, pls

Now it looks like you tried to replicate a cow
Yeah, keep on posting more pics to convince yourself it looks good.
Quote from nikopdr :and feels like a luxurious car after a Lada

Even a car shaped carton box with 2 mopeds under it would feel luxurious after a Lada...
Quote from nikopdr :EDIT: it's a X16XEL Ecotec ~100hp. still getting some nice consumption, not as much i'd expect.

I think it's not really the fuel consumption that'll make your wallet bleed.
drift button arrived today..

for extra JDMAS****YO points
I think it's nifty. Before, people could only tell you were a bell end when you got out of the car.
Quote from Bawbag :Focus RS really does do something sexual for me i'm not going to lie, love it Ian.

I've been looking at ST's lately since i'm needing to go back to a 5 door, however knowing that the 2.5 it would have has 150bhp less than the RS would just kill me, along with running it.....

I'll have an RS one day.

A friend of mine's got an ST mk2 and he loves it! The new Mk3s are supposed to be really quite good too. There's a few people on the RS forum that have swapped their RS in for a new ST and haven't been disappointed.. regardless of a slight performance drop.

I bought the RS as I needed a kid-friendly motor (or at least, one I could fit an ISO-fix base into as there was no fittings in the BMW) and wanted something fun as well. Li'l Charlie fits in it a treat and so far, it ticks all the boxes for an all-round great car to drive.. and currently turning more MPG (sitting at 20.7 atm) in than the BMW (was at 17.2 when I traded it in).. so definitely a win-win for me

If you do get the chance.. grab it.. you won't be disappointed

Cheers..

Ian
Quote from Klutch :drift button arrived today..

for extra JDMAS****YO points

I've asked a few people (and a cat) about how they like your car. This is what they said:

yORK

cool car man!
Good thing i don't mod my car for the pleasure of others.

I kinda like the idea of that stealth camo, it needs proper finish though, edges are too smooth and shiny black colour doesn't go with matte grey IMHO
Well the irony is. THERE NO SUCH THING AS STEALTH CAMO.
You don't want it to be seen in night? WHY not just leave it black?
Quote from Nadeo4441 :You don't want it to be seen in night? WHY not just leave it black?

Just leave it in the garage. Works perfectly.
Nice atledreier. I hope to get one myself @ some point. Really wish they were available with a sunroof though, even if it adds a few little weight up top.

Quote from e2mustang :which one? many fwds on that pic :P

The pic's labeled MX3 & I have to agree with him.. one of the best FWD's out there! (looks to be a V6 as well, which is a must in stock form)

Klutch.. I know you "don't care", but I agree with everybody else, lol. Used to think it had potential too, and then you started fiddling with it.
All the parts will be coming in this week, in time to get everything painted. Bumper, GT lip, new grills, all the sidetrims.
And i've ordered some new front brake pads. EBC Yellow Stuff, hope they'll be good.

Then it's time to get the stickers on the car
Quote from Tinytacohead :Nice atledreier. I hope to get one myself @ some point. Really wish they were available with a sunroof though, even if it adds a few little weight up top.

The pic's labeled MX3 & I have to agree with him.. one of the best FWD's out there! (looks to be a V6 as well, which is a must in stock form)

Klutch.. I know you "don't care", but I agree with everybody else, lol. Used to think it had potential too, and then you started fiddling with it.

I REALLY love to drive this thing. I look for any excuse for a detour into the twisties! Every roundabout is a playground, every corner makes me smile. The redline beckons and my tirebudget skyrocket..
My winter ride.

Proper snowplough, that. I thought my front end was bad..
I cannot complain about that car, only paid 300 euro for it.
It is road tax free and insurance 10 euro a month.
Hmm, that's pretty good. Wish my daily was that cheap

I'm thinking of selling it for a diesel, I own my E36 318i Touring now for a bit more than a year and allready made 23.000km. I travel to far, to many multi hour trips wich would be cheaper in a diesel. Was thinking of a E46 318d.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG