The online racing simulator
I can't see the driver line up, you must know it from some place else.

And yes 2014 shall be interesting, but DP and LMP2 together will be disgusting. DP's thrash around like touring cars, when LMP2's are raced more like single seaters. I'm hoping I'm wrong when they finally meet together.
Quote from PMD9409 :And yes 2014 shall be interesting, but DP and LMP2 together will be disgusting. DP's thrash around like touring cars, when LMP2's are raced more like single seaters. I'm hoping I'm wrong when they finally meet together.

I think exactly that can make racing very interesting. Afaik they try to balance both classes to somewhat equal lap times, meaning DPs get more power, while LMP2s keep their advanced aero. How they'll do that, given that all race tracks are different, I dunno
The problem with that is that Le Mans is about 75-80% flat out track and its give an unfair advantage to DP because it's easier to overtake on straight thanks to a better engine than into a corner with aero.

Actually what would be better is to create a new class to get the same technical regulations for LMP2 and DP.

For my point of view LMP2 > DP
Quote from PMD9409 :And yes 2014 shall be interesting, but DP and LMP2 together will be disgusting. DP's thrash around like touring cars, when LMP2's are raced more like single seaters. I'm hoping I'm wrong when they finally meet together.

Currently the question is if we see LMP2s and DPs together on track at all... in 2 weeks there is the registration deadline for ALMS full-time entries and so far NO LMP2 team signed up. Conquest and OAK, who worked together in the past years, don't seem to come to a point where they continue their partnership.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com ... 2-car-counts-in-question/
Conquest Racing have announced that they will accept their invitation to Le Mans (which is provisionnal until the team didn't enter a Le Mans serie) so they should probably continue in LMP2. Then will they do that in ALMS?

Even in Europe a lot of P2 teams are currently hesitating between ELMS and WEC. Back in 2011 doing both was possible which was quite a good thing to be honest.

I'am also worrying about AsLMS. Several teams have already announced racing there with GT3, one with P2 and none with GTE.
I predict that paul tracy will brake check either mcnish, or montoya or both at the same time leaving 8 star to run circles around the field. Sound good?
Quote from ACCAkut :I think exactly that can make racing very interesting. Afaik they try to balance both classes to somewhat equal lap times, meaning DPs get more power, while LMP2s keep their advanced aero. How they'll do that, given that all race tracks are different, I dunno

A DP is the same pace as a GTE. It's embarrassing. They need more power, aero, and less weight if they want to get anywhere close to an LMP2. Large task.

Quote from MoMo92i :The problem with that is that Le Mans is about 75-80% flat out track and its give an unfair advantage to DP because it's easier to overtake on straight thanks to a better engine than into a corner with aero.

They'll die out on the Porsche curves, doing same pace as a GTE if lucky.

Quote from TFalke55 :Currently the question is if we see LMP2s and DPs together on track at all... in 2 weeks there is the registration deadline for ALMS full-time entries and so far NO LMP2 team signed up. Conquest and OAK, who worked together in the past years, don't seem to come to a point where they continue their partnership.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com ... 2-car-counts-in-question/

Yeah I've heard about them trying to get LMP2 out of the merger by 2016 anyways, so if that's the case, teams might just try to adjust quicker.
Quote from PMD9409 :A DP is the same pace as a GTE. It's embarrassing. They need more power, aero, and less weight if they want to get anywhere close to an LMP2. Large task.

ok just looked it up, 500hp isn't that much. Could use a hundred more.
And many tracks with long straights, but it still won't be enough.
GT1 were 100ish bhp more powerful than GTE, two years later GTE were faster in Le Mans
Just let them use modern technology instead of stupid stone age 5 speed gearboxes and tube frame chassis (the dp's that is)
Let's use LMP2 and say hello to 21st century ^^
Official:
Quote :- GRAND-AM’s DP and the ALMS’ P2 classes will combine into one, headlining prototype class that also will include the revolutionary DeltaWing prototype, with performance of the cars balanced to maintain close competition.
- The ALMS’ Prototype Challenge (PC) class for spec prototypes will continue to run as a separate class.
- Both of the organizations’ production-based GT classes will continue as separate, distinct categories based on performance, preserving each class’ proud history and loyal fan following. As part of this plan, the ALMS’ GTC cars will join the GRAND-AM GTs.
- GRAND-AM’s new GX class, which is debuting at this year’s Rolex 24 later this month, is being explored as a possible addition to the GRAND-AM half of the GT mix in 2014-15. There also is the possibility that GX will run separately as a fifth class.

http://www.grand-am.com/News/G ... s.aspx?cid=6383&sid=1

Glad GTE stays intact instead of trying to combine it with the GA-GTs... They're certainly going to have their hands full of BoP with the P2/DP class.

Why everyone assumes DPs are going to be allowed at Le Mans? The merging of the classes means nothing in this sense.
Four classes should be okay I assume. They will have a fun time balancing P2 and DP.

And people are assuming DP at Le Mans because some person for Grand-Am said that was the target.
Quote from PMD9409 :Four classes should be okay I assume. They will have a fun time balancing P2 and DP.

And people are assuming DP at Le Mans because some person for Grand-Am said that was the target.

To be honest I hope it will not. DP are pretty shit ^^ LMP2 in europe have shown they were reliable and few years ago racing was insane in P2 class even in ALMS and according to Peter Baron, LMP2 isn't more expensive than DP to run.
Meh, it's nice to see they found a place to let the Deltawing run.
Quote from PMD9409 :It's the plan.

I'd prefer a couple of DPs to a dozen 911s. Varity for the win
Quote from ACCAkut :I'd prefer a couple of DPs to a dozen 911s. Varity for the win

Well it's become almost tradition of Le-mans to have more 911's than any other car.
not in last few year btw. There are way more Ferrari by now. The thing is that even a GTE looks more high tech than a DP.
There aren't even that many variants of DP anymore. At least not like back when they were first conceived.
anyone has more info about the mazda 6 skyactiv-d ? will it be fwd or rwd?
Quote from el pibe :anyone has more info about the mazda 6 skyactiv-d ? will it be fwd or rwd?

its a mazda 6 not a bmw

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG