The online racing simulator
World Drifter Awards
(54 posts, started )
World Drifter Awards
Hey guys, i'm not one to spam much, but for anyone who's keen to help out fellow LFS'ers, likes our driving/cars and has the facebooks, feel free to give these pics a 'like' to chuck me or scrabby a vote and share if you're feeling the love. Also have a look through the nominees and if you want show your support to any drivers you like and let them know you like what they do!

Scrabby:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=394752500611396

Me:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=393824354037544

can see some vids here of what me and my mates do in our skidders here if you're wondering.
http://www.youtube.com/user/inertiaMS

thanks guys!
I gave you a like!

I'm in there to apparently, came home with a flooded facebook...
Don't really care much about it
i just like it because i can go through and see some drivers ive never seen before and you've got guys like the merc wags on top which is awesome!
Voted for you and Scrabby as well.
Haha thanks
I'll take a look later where I'm at. Might actually care a bit. My picture is pretty bad though, need something with smoke!
trying to find you as well mate, link?
probably should have just searched his name or looked on his profile now that i think about it, it's not one of my brightest moments lol

The mercedes estate is pretty awesome, diesel engine with a mahoosive turbo. Epic car.
There's a movie somewhere where he explains the suspension setup. Has RX-8 rear arms etc.. and some mix of various cars
Considering that country awards available, isn't it possible for Daigo to win asia, japan, and north america too since he competed and had a significant influence in all 3?

Never mind, i looked through abit. Drivers are grouped by countries of orgin. Some wild cars on there. A rwd golf, s10 drift truck, 70's Camaro, opel calibra rofl
Europe too He attended some KOE events.
Watched alot of your crazy videos, didn't know you were a lfser aswell!
shall knock you a vote
Quote from jimaxx :Watched alot of your crazy videos, didn't know you were a lfser aswell!
shall knock you a vote

thanks mate, used to play it a lot more, especially before i was driving, but i lost use of the computer i was using with LFS and have literally only just got a computer in the last year that can handle it.
Quote from Scrabby :

The mercedes estate is pretty awesome, diesel engine with a mahoosive turbo. Epic car.
There's a movie somewhere where he explains the suspension setup. Has RX-8 rear arms etc.. and some mix of various cars

those scandinavians sure know how to fill long cold winter nights. Craziest builds I've seen all come from there.

afaik the Blacksmoke Benz uses a Benz engine, modified AMG gearbox (sort of sequential), Scania truck turbo, Eaton charger, Toyota Aristo suspension, Supra drivetrain stuff and lots more. They build a new Benz atm, old chassis is too ****ed up

edit: a Drift Volga, wtf
haha, you wouldn't say after all those wheel lifting in turns that the chassis might bend a bit

I thought it was using an automatic, maybe that's why the AMG stuff

Edit:
Yarp,
Gearbox, Modified Automatic Mercedes AMG E55 Gearbox
Quote from Scrabby :haha, you wouldn't say after all those wheel lifting in turns that the chassis might bend a bit

I thought it was using an automatic, maybe that's why the AMG stuff

Edit:
Yarp,
Gearbox, Modified Automatic Mercedes AMG E55 Gearbox

how does that work, has a clutch for kicks and handbrake or?
Don't have the slightest clue! Maybe put it in N, then D to create some sort of clutch kick, don't really know
IIRC he has a clutch pedal, at least you can clearly hear him kicking the clutch in some footages.
A modern automatic box doesn't rely solely on a hydraulic unit, but uses a claw coupling to connect engine and gearbox more efficiently.

Blacksmokes gearbox uses a standalone controlling unit, guess they have more direct control over it, and can force that coupling to open via the pedal. Maybe it is even connected to the handbrake.

edit: 5G Tronic, that shoudl be the one (1,079 Nm torque rating lol)
Quote from ACCAkut :A modern automatic box doesn't rely solely on a hydraulic unit, but uses a claw coupling to connect engine and gearbox more efficiently.

Blacksmokes gearbox uses a standalone controlling unit, guess they have more direct control over it, and can force that coupling to open via the pedal. Maybe it is even connected to the handbrake.

edit: 5G Tronic, that shoudl be the one (1,079 Nm torque rating lol)

pretty cool shit, would be interesting to drive, and if it was strong then it's a pretty good setup. wonder how much it cost him?
sadly the 722.6 and 722.9 is the biggest junk trans benz ever made
Quote from e2mustang :sadly the 722.6 and 722.9 is the biggest junk trans benz ever made

whys that? it was/is used in a helluvalot cars (more than 30) and with standalone management you get around whatever sluggish/weird shift behaviour Daimler once programmed into it.

and you should get replacements pretty easily

ok, pretty OT, but I like discussing race car tech
i dont know whats with them but i replaced at least 30 transes in 2 years. this was at a 4 bay garage i used to work in usa. In the benz dealership they had 0 km brand new benzes needed trans replacement coz it blew up on first start
Benz? Eeeew

World Drifter Awards
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG