The online racing simulator
This is so awesome! I'm really looking forward to it since I drive a lot on South City (yeah, cruising..)
I hope you don't mind some criticism I'm sure you've put a lot of work into this.

I'm not saying you have to do any of this but these are just my thoughts.

My opinion is that the road textures do not look realistic - There's far too much contrast and for a smooth city road the aggregate (rocks in the road mixture) are far too large and spread out. Typical roadstone aggregate is probably between about 10-20mm bits.. Like this very angular fragments to prevent tyre slip and very fine to prevent puncture.

You've used what looks like concrete grey for the road whereas South City being a city in the south of the UK, they would use black asphalt because that's what they use around this part of the world :P
Quote from tommer :I hope you don't mind some criticism I'm sure you've put a lot of work into this.

I'm not saying you have to do any of this but these are just my thoughts.

My opinion is that the road textures do not look realistic - There's far too much contrast and for a smooth city road the aggregate (rocks in the road mixture) are far too large and spread out. Typical roadstone aggregate is probably between about 10-20mm bits.. Like this very angular fragments to prevent tyre slip and very fine to prevent puncture.

You've used what looks like concrete grey for the road whereas South City being a city in the south of the UK, they would use black asphalt because that's what they use around this part of the world :P

Well, my original aim wasn't to change South City dramatically. It can be a city in southern UK, but they who created South City imo know the best what South City looks like. And they did grey asphalt. I'd like to stay true in that.

But other notes were good, thank you

Quote from THE WIZARD DK :any release date on any files? im very curious about the walls aswell. looks like i drove at southcity few laps the wear on those are looking great. keep it up. i for one hope this doesnt go sour. much apreciation from this lfs racer.

EDIT: i might be able to find some sewer caps if you want me to. saw some nice ones today.. immediately thought of this thread..

Thank you for comments I haven't been on this lately due to school stuff, but now I have a Christmas holiday and I'll do some fixes and then I publish the current files of that time on 1/2/13.

You can always send me a link to textures if you want me to see them, and then I might use them as well.

But, Merry Christmas to all!
Quote from deCesaris :I haven't been on this lately due to school stuff, but now I have a Christmas holiday and I'll do some fixes and then I publish the current files of that time on 1/2/13.

Can't wait to test
-
(deCesaris) DELETED by deCesaris
I'm excited =)
Or actually I'm gonna call that back. Problem I faced today wasn't so big after all. So, 59 High Resolution textures are packed now and will be uploaded somewhere soon. More information to come..
Link is now in the OP, enjoy or suffer
I am not a South City lover but I like this and support you
I am a South City lover and I absolutely LOVE IT and support you
GREAT WORK!!!! Do Aston next =)
good work
So, back in the business, I've made some fixes to textures.

Update-pack will be released when all files are done.

Link to the photo
Really love your work

I'd like to have little darker curbs and some smoother transition between road and curbs. Also one thing that bothers me is that line is cutted at the edges of road (attachment), if you could do someting about that...
Anyway great work, keep it up
Attached images
so2.jpg
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Really love your work

I'd like to have little darker curbs and some smoother transition between road and curbs. Also one thing that bothers me is that line is cutted at the edges of road (attachment), if you could do someting about that...
Anyway great work, keep it up

Thank you very much

Yeah, those stupid lines here and there bother me too. I'm going to fix them as well. Thanks for your notes, I'll keep them in my mind.

E. And one more thing I did today. Even with that quality, it is with 2-3 times bigger resolution than the original.

Link

E2.
I wasn't happy with those instruction boards, so I made new ones. Which do you prefer?

http://gyazo.com/c1727fdf8a004 ... fedbb16468.png?1360067088
deCesaris, maximal respect. South City is the hardest track to updtade with HQ textures, and Your sample pictures are incredibly beautiful!

Keep it up this good work!
personally i like the one that has the weathered look(e,maybe if youdecrease the fade or weathered look slightly it may look even more better

thanks for the work done and work you are doing,highly appreciated
Quote from wody21 :deCesaris, maximal respect. South City is the hardest track to updtade with HQ textures, and Your sample pictures are incredibly beautiful!

Keep it up this good work!

Thank you very much. For my part, I adore your XRR textures, they're pure art really.

Some new content again:

Before

After
the "new" rails looks way better than the "old" havent even noticed the old tho.
Quote from bishtop :personally i like the one that has the weathered look(e,maybe if youdecrease the fade or weathered look slightly it may look even more better

thanks for the work done and work you are doing,highly appreciated

I have to consider because tbh I hate it, even I did it myself.

Thank you.

Quote from Nicce :the "new" rails looks way better than the "old" havent even noticed the old tho.

Yeah, it's not very visible to the track. Just some filling to the background.

And by the way, if you guys like my work and want to support me, the best way to do it would be liking our Facebook page.
Would be great encouragement to get this completed soon, if I saw more likes there.
if you lightened the blue a bit on the new version then it would would look better,it just seems a little bit too dark blue, for example in following pic the blue looks lighter a bit,also i suppose they will look different when using compared to the one in the image posted at the bottom of my post,

btw great work up to now and i look forward to any more you make.thankyou
Attached images
_57191291_composite464.jpg
You have done great job with those textures. I think the tarmac texture looks bit too big but the buildings, steel fences, cerbs, road markings... those are just awesome! Keep it up.

Do you have any idea when this pack is released?

Sorry about possible spelling mistakes.
Quote from HenkkaWRC :You have done great job with those textures. I think the tarmac texture looks bit too big but the buildings, steel fences, cerbs, road markings... those are just awesome! Keep it up.

Do you have any idea when this pack is released?

Sorry about possible spelling mistakes.

Thank you Well my focus in sim racing is in iRacing now, and thus I haven't been devoted continuing this really.
So can you release the textures you have now, or do we have to wait until fully completed?
Quote from shmall719 :So can you release the textures you have now, or do we have to wait until fully completed?

Well, all right, I'll release all files currently completed tomorrow. Not today because it's too late :P

I'm gonna have a busy weekend so I'll try to manage to find time for that in some point. If not in this weekend, then in the next week, I promise.
thanks,they are good textures

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG