The online racing simulator
How fast can you go with the default setup?(GTI testdrive)
Currently i am practicing in the demo with the first car on the first track(GTI testdrive) but i wonder how quick the "pros" can go with the default setup?

I'm just wondering how much i need to practice in the demo before i can be relatively competitive online.
#2 - [d9]
Can you use other setups in the demo?
(i'm asking this because i need a benchmark before i get a license.)
Yes.

Setups can be freely used in demo, but only for the cars you have unlocked.

Take a look through the Car Setups sub forum for links to downloads.

Once you've downloaded, simply copy the .set files to your setup folder.

IE.
/"LFS installation"/data/setups.

Next time you're in game, the new setups will be available.

Hope this helps, and see you on track soon.
Ah,found it....thanks guys
You can check out the current world records here: http://www.lfsworld.net/rafa/

I think you can download and watch SPR (replays) of hotlaps for valid demo combos, i.e XFG@BL1.
The default setups are pretty bad. Don't use them.

If you don't have much (sim) racing experience before LFS, try a rookie-friendly set first. There is a easy race set pack but it's very old. If anyone has a new pack available please post a link.

If you already know what you're doing, just pick a fast set and drive.
The main difference between the really fast laps and me is that the fast ones turn in alot wider but if i try that i turn in way to late...
Quote from The Alien :how quick the "pros" can go with the default setup?

I'm not PRO but PROs do not use default setups. Am I right?
Yes you are right, i just wondered how quick everybody could go with the same car and the same setup because i did not know you could change them.(in the demo)
Well most top teams in top leagues uses pretty much same setups or taken from World records. Actually only a few teams are trying to develop a new and faster set than current wr one but rest of the top leagues teams is driving same wr setup and diffrence between really top LFS drivers is not bigger than 0.3s from wr. It also depends so much from a driver motivation - some are taking it really seriously some are just racing for having fun and what car/track they prefer.
#12 - troy
I'm not particularly fast in the fwd cars and it's the day after new years eve at 6 in the morning but I just felt like doing some laps.

Never mind the first few laps, took me a while to get used to the car/set, last 3 laps should be a reasonable benchmark to aim for. The default set got no camber and is generally outdated, so I would rather not try and go online with it but if you're just learning the car and track and got no real experience in simracing it's probably good to get yourself a set you feel comfortable with and just learn the track/brakepoints/lines until you are up to around 1 second of a good time. After that it may be worth checking out sets specially made for the track since they usually got a proper gearing and suspension to get the most out of a lap.

Sites/Places to get sets got linked already so I wont do that again, rule of thumb should always be "slow in fast out", don't overdrive the car be smooth with the throttle/steering input and everything else will come with more experience.

edit: great it looks like you can't save replays from the training lessons anymore, I thought that was possible at some point. Re-recorded the whole thing in single player with hardtrack setup (should be the same as the one in the testdrive)
Attached files
gti hardtrack.spr - 517 KB - 250 views
Or he has a strange definition of "not fast".
Quote from zeugnimod :Or he has a strange definition of "not fast".

Yes,his definition is: If I can't flip car twice and win a 20 minute race,I'm slow.
Quote from Eclipsed :Yes,his definition is: If I can't flip car twice and win a 20 minute race,I'm slow.

Flip.

4 wheels facing the sky.

Wait for 2nd to crash into the car so it can flip again.

Win!
1 36 4 with hardtrack setup but after 10 laps i cant still use breakes in this setup :O

How fast can you go with the default setup?(GTI testdrive)
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG