The online racing simulator
Do LFS support 2560x1440 ?
(24 posts, started )
Dear LFS racers,

I'm thinking at coming back to LFS ... After more than 2 years
I want to change my computer screen and I am looking for a 27" display port with native 2560*1440 resolution.
I am wondering if LFS support this resolution or maximum 1920*1080 ?

If maximum is 1920*1080 I would better go for a 40 inch TV screen or something. Or maybe some TV screen goes higher than 1080p ?

Thanks for reply,
And see you soon maybe
#2 - Jakg
LFS supports pretty much any resolution your graphics card does, so yes.
Ok,
didnt thought it was so simple
thx for fast reply!
Fab ! Le retour !
Has anyone some experiences with Korean 27 2560x1440 IPS monitors?
#6 - Jakg
Quote from Klouczech :Has anyone some experiences with Korean 27 2560x1440 IPS monitors?

They're awesome.
#8 - Jakg
Quote from Jakg :I have the Shimian Achieva QH270, it rawks.

What about the stability, stand, price, shipping, panel....?
#10 - Jakg
Stabililty - not sure what you mean.
Stand - looked cheap. Not really an issue. Use mine on a desk-mounted monitor mount anyway.
Price - £190 + £25 customs fees. 27" Dell is >£500. Unbeatable value. Even 27" 1080P displays cost more than that.
Shipping - Good for overseas. Just under 2 weeks iirc. Much quicker than Chinese airmail.
Panel - Looks amazing. Makes the rest of my screens look shit (but then they are). TBH I haven't properly used another "amazing" display to form another comparison.

If mine broke tomorrow, I'd buy another in a heartbeat. Maybe 2. Everyone one of my friends who has seen it (and who obviously cares about PC's!) adores and it wants to purchase it.
Quote from Jakg :Stabililty - not sure what you mean.
Stand - looked cheap. Not really an issue. Use mine on a desk-mounted monitor mount anyway.
Price - £190 + £25 customs fees. 27" Dell is >£500. Unbeatable value. Even 27" 1080P displays cost more than that.
Shipping - Good for overseas. Just under 2 weeks iirc. Much quicker than Chinese airmail.
Panel - Looks amazing. Makes the rest of my screens look shit (but then they are). TBH I haven't properly used another "amazing" display to form another comparison.

If mine broke tomorrow, I'd buy another in a heartbeat. Maybe 2. Everyone one of my friends who has seen it (and who obviously cares about PC's!) adores and it wants to purchase it.

Thanks,
i want to buy one too but I didnt decide yet which one.
I read that Crossover is best from these Korean monitors.
I also saw monitor Overlord Tempest X270OC which can be OC up to 120Hz, but it costs $530.

Stability - I meant stability on the table where is your wheel mounted. Vibrations and so on...
#12 - Jakg
I didn't see the point in a 120 Hz display (or at least when I was looking - they were double the price for the OC'able versions - and 120 Hz was no guarantee!)

I've never used the stand so I've no idea how stable it is.
120 HZ is just smoother, so if you have powerfull, PC and enough money, why not to try it?
Korean panels tend to have dead/bright pixels and light bleeding around the edges, their stands are also pretty poor compared to something like Dell. You get what you pay for basically.
I would recommend the 40 inch TV, even if it's 1080P. More FOV, the better.
I'm using a Dell U2711 works fine. Had it for over a year or 2 with no issues. The only problem now is that I cringe when I see TN monitors
TN is fine for sim racing where your head is locked at a fixed position. If you walk around your desk a lot it's a headache.
30" Dell 2560x1600 works great. Always has.
Hey guys one question, I have a Samsung SyncMaster P2470HD i was wondering what graphics card do i need to have to be able to run lfs on that screen?
One that supports the resolution.

i.e. any (modern) graphics card.
Can it be an integrated graphics card or? Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 I have that one, i would like to connect my laptop to my samsung screen
According to: http://software.intel.com/en-u ... intel-processor-graphics/

The maximum resolution you can achieve depends on the cable you use.
  • Display Port: 2500x1600
  • HDMI/DVI/VGA: 1920x1200
I doubt you have a Display Port on your laptop, so I think the highest you can go is 1200p. This however shouldn't be a problem as your TV you use as screen is only 1080p.

tldr; The Integrated graphics unit should support the resolution (1920x1080) of the screen you want to hook up via the laptop.
I don't believe that you will get decent FPS with that GPU with that much resolution. I had inbuilt Intel GMA4500X with a 1440x900 monitor on PC back in Latvia,I had serious problems on big grid,where usually FPS dropped under 20,sometimes even to 11-12,which is quite undrivable,driving alone in Aston made 50-80 FPS though - all that on very low settings. Now I have laptop with better CPU and GMA4500HD with 1280x800 screen,there's not much difference now,seems slightly better. GMA3000 is a bit weaker GPU,as far as I understand...
Thank you for the reply guys, by your statments, i have decided not to try to hook those two up, im having a hard time with FPS now, it would only get worse if i connect my laptop to my screen. Ahhhhh save money, upgrade to a new configuration

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG