The online racing simulator
#151 - Woz
Quote from Squelch :The reg dates are not always a good indicator of LFS accounts, merely the date they signed up to this forum.

Also all RSC was the original forum for ages until the move to stand alone forum, before RSC fell apart. RSC was good environment as you learnt about other sims also.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Actually they are a good indicator as they show when someone made their LFS account. Maybe if someone was a demo racer for a long time before accounts were mandatory... Only way it could be earlier was the original demos posted.

I beg to differ. I was active on RSC, but took a break from forum life at about the time of the change over. When I finally signed up here, my user name didn't match my LFS account name so I showed as demo despite being S2. At the time it wasn't possible to link the two accounts, so I eventually bought a new licence with this name.

Quote from Woz :Also all RSC was the original forum for ages until the move to stand alone forum, before RSC fell apart. RSC was good environment as you learnt about other sims also.

Absolutely, and in some respects, the cross fertilisation was far more positive than these days imho.

Happy New Year to all LFSr's New and old alike.
Quote from Squelch :I beg to differ. I was active on RSC, but took a break from forum life at about the time of the change over. When I finally signed up here, my user name didn't match my LFS account name so I showed as demo despite being S2. At the time it wasn't possible to link the two accounts, so I eventually bought a new licence with this name.

You could never just make an account on the LFS Forum. IIRC when Vic created the forum, he made VB use the LFS Users DB (and passwords) for logging in.. thus you can't have a forum account without an LFS account.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :You could never just make an account on the LFS Forum. IIRC when Vic created the forum, he made VB use the LFS Users DB (and passwords) for logging in.. thus you can't have a forum account without an LFS account.

I'm sure someone else can confirm there was a time when the link wasn't in place, as it surely was the case when I signed up here. Anyway, I don't wish to drift off topic in what is a refreshingly non contentious thread.
Quote from Squelch :When I finally signed up here, my user name didn't match my LFS account name so I showed as demo despite being S2.

That's your fault because you signed up with a different username.

If you had just used your username and password from lfs.net, it would have worked. I'm pretty sure it has always been that way.
Quote from zeugnimod :That's your fault because you signed up with a different username.

If you had just used your username and password from lfs.net, it would have worked. I'm pretty sure it has always been that way.

Ok, ok. I wanted to continue to use my Squelch identity which I've had from the days of BT Wireplay -C1996 if anyone here remembers that- and my original lfs.net account wasn't under that name. It was possible on RSC, but didn't work here, so that's the end of it.
Still check the forum from time to time but after Mercury died and went to heaven, i havent been racing much. Nice to see some of the names on here though. "If i could turn back time...."
I'm still here now and again Been around since 2003... Viper93
One of these days ill need to try an host a UKCT revival. The only racing where you can be 10 seconds off the WR and be leading :P
Quote from dawesdust_12 :One of these days ill need to try an host a UKCT revival. The only racing where you can be 10 seconds off the WR and be leading :P

Should come down to the race centre sometime and I will come race you (I don't have my kit anymore)
Aii - I still visit, and I know of a few of the old crumblies visit occasionally too.
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :Should come down to the race centre sometime and I will come race you (I don't have my kit anymore)

You paying my plane ticket too? :P
Sup guys? Still kicking it. Don't know if I'm old? I'm turning 21 soon!
Quote from GianniC :Yet, you are. Now where's Biggie?

Who allowed you to get out of the corner?
im in lfs since first demo whas released.
06 Aug 2004 bought my first S1
and yes i still drive, some time almost every day few hours, some times im off mounth or 2.
but basicly i still drive, and dont have plan to stop, love drivnig, racing,
only think thats changed is im not really in competition mod.
cant remember last time i enter some league.
so..ill be here driving, no matter if lfs go on s3 or not ..
Still here.
Racing now and then.
Started with LFS when I discovered the first screens on the BHMotorsports site.
Tried the first demo, bought S1, later S2....and after all those years it's still a masterpiece: small gamesize, fast startup, good and challenging racing, excellent netcode. The only downside are the 1 or 2 real racing servers, all the others are drifts or cruise-only.
Quote from Racer Y :What am I doing NOW? RIGHT NOW? Uhhhh..
Showing a friend Forbin's videos! Hiccup!! HAPPY NEW YEAR'S!!!!!!!

My ego thanks you for this morsel.
I suppose I am old so consider myself :gandalf:

Hi Chaps, yeah still about, from time to time, keep checking here and there although mostly turned to the dark side

Glad to see so many old ( or not so old 3J LOL ) people still about.

nice to see my old team still going strong http://www.triple7racing.net/ You go Guys

Happy New Yeah Chaps

Fordie
hi
Not raced for about 2 years now since my PC blew up and i bought a Mac. I had done 99,000 miles too. Will be back as soon as physics are updated.
biggie...

today all hotlapers can do this compared to biggie

:hidesbehi

come back biggie!

Any 'oldskool'(lol) racers still visit these forums
(277 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG