The online racing simulator
#1 - Eiw
Will you play a racing game without licensed cars and tracks
hello, happy new year guys!!
we're a small team working on an iOS racing game, and our main series would be on permanent racing tracks, it would be a semi-sim racing game and the control would be even easier than Real Racing 2 . however we can't afford the license for those fancy cars and real tracks, alternatively we have to modify them a bit.. ex. remove and modify most of the corners or create some original tracks and cars.

We just wanna know what's the general feedback towards this topic, I sincerely wanna know your idea, thus we can dive into the developing!

PS, LFS doesnt have real track(except for Rockingham which exists in future:shrug, but I think its physics and online racing was too great so people can tolerate LFS even it doesnt have real track and cars(almost of)
#2 - Eiw
if anyone could tell me how to start a poll it would be perfect!
Well you lost me at iOS but I'll make sure to ask my girlfriend.
You're asking on LFSForum...

Answer; yes.

But on iOS, no way.
Do you mean pay? I guess it depends on what else the game offers. Having licensed cars with simple physics is pointless, imo... but then again, you're on a sim forum

I think you've said it already, If it is good, license doesn't matter, but it has to stand out.
#6 - Sobis
Quote from Bose321 :You're asking on LFSForum...

Answer; yes.

But on iOS, no way.

+1 on both things.
Gran Turismo series started with mostly fictional tracks,see where they are now... Hope it answers your question.
Go for it.

Also, once you have some working footage to show off, try asking some of the lesser manufacturers/circuits, you never know they may let you use their content. The worst they can do is say 'no'.
Have you thought of selling ad space on your imaginary tracks? Like hook up with some dot.com upstart that's looking for cheap advertising. You could sell
"bill boards" to offset the cost of development. Not to mention the amount of potential buyers of your title thru the ad clients spreading the word about finding their product ads on your title. And it would help add to the realism you seem to be afraid of losing with fantasy cars and tracks.
As far as licensed cars and tracks go. If the game is good enough, who cares?
Btw, my girlfriend was not interested, she said that she dont really play games.
Well I wouldn't mind no licenses or only fictional tracks. I am interested in this game as far the physics would be a little bit advanced and not as arcardish as other titles including RR2. If that is, I'd definitely buy it.
#12 - Eiw
Quote from Racer Y :Have you thought of selling ad space on your imaginary tracks? Like hook up with some dot.com upstart that's looking for cheap advertising. You could sell
"bill boards" to offset the cost of development. Not to mention the amount of potential buyers of your title thru the ad clients spreading the word about finding their product ads on your title. And it would help add to the realism you seem to be afraid of losing with fantasy cars and tracks.
As far as licensed cars and tracks go. If the game is good enough, who cares?

yes, we'll find partner to fill all of our teams/ad spaces when we are half way to finish the game, and also try to contact some tracks. good idea tho

PS. the game will be on iOS and various Android devices,
I would play a good racing game with fictional content. Real Racing is a good example of a popular game with fictional tracks and real cars.

Also: iOS Haters - go be negative elsewhere kthx. Someone asks a useful question, and you derail it with irrelevant bullshit. He asked about iOS, so why respond if you don't use or like iOS?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Also: iOS Haters - go be negative elsewhere kthx. Someone asks a useful question, and you derail it with irrelevant bullshit. He asked about iOS, so why respond if you don't use or like iOS?

Because only girls play iOS games? Did It say somewhere we're not allowed to respond?
As long as it has good physics, multitouch controls, and cockpit, i'd get it. I hate that you can't downshift and brake and turn in some games. Graphics i don't care about, but supercar challenge has some amazing graphics.
The only time I play iOS content is when i'm on a flight, so I tend to be happy with demo versions as I havn't done long haul in years. Aside from that caveat, no I dont care if the cars & tracks are real or not - for me it's all about gameplay... Let me use race craft to battle other cars and I'm happy, that's why when I played racing games I went for LFS - a multi-player race game.
So, would that game run on Imacs/Apple only, or would it also run on Iphone/Ipods?
What hardware runs on the Ios and on what hardware would the game run?
Quote from lrk-racer :well i wouldn't mind no licenses or only fictional tracks. I am interested in this game as far the physics would be a little bit advanced and not as arcardish as other titles ...

+1
#19 - Eiw
it will be on all the iOS devices(ipad & iphone, iTouch) and also various Android devices, we'll make the graphic alternative for different mobiles
and if possible, we'lll make it on PC/Mac later, with enhaced quality.

excuse me I'm not trying to promote or introduce the game in this thread at this moment(not ready), but we're going to make it public on facebook soon, so we can build up a small fans group and listen to your voices through the developing process.

anyway,i think it doesnt hurt to answer your questions in here, if I know the answer
A racing game on a smartphone?

No, thank you.
#21 - Eiw
no... it's on stupidphone i think
So, any news about this?
The game you're trying to make was made in 1987 and had licensed cars

*edit: and a blonde babe riding shotgun so beat that
Doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

The people who frequent this forum usually can't tolerate Real Racing style physics. If you sell something even less sim-like to these people, chances are it won't end up very well.

If you're trying to build a arcade game and promote it as a "realistic" title, you'd better get licensed content. Otherwise just let the PR team focus on how cool the experience is and forget the word "sim".
It wouldn't be a reason for me not to play! However, I don't have an iPhone or iPad. If I did it would depend on how interesting it looks.
Edit: As long as you do like LFS and make cars corresponding to popular real cars. Like a 2.0 4cyl turbo coupe with RWD.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG