The online racing simulator
2012 NDR Birthday Event: Discussion

Winter - the time New Dimension Racing was born. It was founded by Jack "J@tko" Atkinson, Joseph "JO53PHS" Ellis, and Jonathan "dekojester" Palmer on 28th December 2007. At this date we will celebrate 5 years of Live for Speed events under the NDR banner. We actually came up with the idea to bring back the traditional NDR two hours for this special day. For those too young to know or too old to remember here the key facts of the race:

* Two class racing
* Teams of 1 or 2 drivers may enter (two drivers sharing a car, e.g.)
* Qualifying of 20 min per class
* race of 2 hours
* race started with LFS standard standing-start
* mandatory pitstop (whenever and whatever LFS allows)
* shift-s does not end your session (rejoin after rolls and time-outs is allowed)
* no safety cars

As always if you're invited to a birthday party, a present is expected. Of course some people are not saying what they want, but we do. We simply want you to vote for your favorite cars and tracks

Day schedule:
28th December 2012
21:00 UTC 20 minutes qualifying, qualifying split over two server
21:30 UTC start of the race for two hours

Round 1 polls:
link to the track poll
link to the class poll

More details are to be released
As result of the polls, our Birthday Event will be at Fern Bay Gold (FE3) featuring the Mygale FB02 BMW (FBM) in class 1 and the XF GTi (XFG) and XR GT (XRG) in class 2.
Never driven a FBM in that long race,well,you have to have 1st time someday! (STD is not even an option for me :razz

Wow,these are some quite late starting times... But,it's holydays,so whatever.
#4 - Nicce
XFG is for losers, you are only allowed to take XRG.

inb4 ineX signs up with XFG
#7 - Nicce
i rather take that instead beein a ginger like u issac.
Only just saw this...

Quote from TFalke55 :

Day schedule:
28th December 2012
21:00 UTC class 1 qualifying
21:30 UTC class 2 qualifying
22:00 UTC start of the race

Wait what, race START at 22 UTC? So, in Finland for example you should drive until 2am?

Any reason for the stupid start time?

E: Forum whoring double post, mah bad
#10 - Emyn
Well, I guess it's not a big problem cos the next day is Saturday and also some of us have a holiday at this week.

Of course it would be better if it started an hour or two earlier, but as I said, not that big problem IMO.
I actually tried to give Americans also a chance to compete in it. The race start might move 30 minutes ahead, as qualifying could be done over two servers.
OK fair enough. It doesnt affect me personally(I still dunno if I will race). Just wondered out of curiosity.
updated opening post with the banner for this race

Also I'm delighted to announce the race will be streamed on SimRace.TV Stream 2
Seeing more than 32 signups,wanted to ask how it's gonna be divided in race - 16 best in qualifying from each class,right? Just in case if really more than 32 drivers arrive in qualifying...
Quote from Eclipsed :Seeing more than 32 signups,wanted to ask how it's gonna be divided in race - 16 best in qualifying from each class,right? Just in case if really more than 32 drivers arrive in qualifying...

We currently have 37 cars signed up. The Top-16 from each class will be racing. If less then 16 cars qualify in one class the other gets the free spots.
We have a server online on which you can practice the combo: NDR.Birthday Event

Thanks to cargame.nl for hosting the server!
Can someone please post a reasonably high res image of the 5 years and the leaf thing. Thanks
Quote from Jonathon.provost :Can someone please post a reasonably high res image of the 5 years and the leaf thing. Thanks

you were 3 minutes faster.. I wanted to say exactly the same
Thanks a lot.

If you need a teamspeak server go to ts.ident-racing.net

I can add any admins to the list
Timetable amended. Qualifying will now take place over two servers with Class 1 on the main server and Class 2 on the back up.

Quote from dekojester :Qualifying will take place at 21:00 UTC, for 20 minutes. It will be split between two servers to expedite the process and allow cars to be on track with only similar cars.

PM will follow soon. Sign-Ups will be closed at 15:00 UTC tomorrow to ensure we have everything set up propperly.
mmmk, thilo, master server is down
... I just wanted to ask if anyone else seems to see that :-o
At least technically we're still online...
yep, just thats our last known status before the master server went down. :P

2012 NDR Birthday Event: Discussion
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG