The online racing simulator
All the time

would you care to put your money where your mouth is?
Quote from HarryGillman :All the time

would you care to put your money where your mouth is?

let me guess you are 12 years old?
So thats a no then?
Quote from HarryGillman :So thats a no then?

thank you for confirming that you are 12 years old

this thread should be renamed "why do you guys hate stupid people so much?" as that sums it up a lot better, there are stupid racers like HarryGillman that race on drift servers (then act like they are the best driver ever lol) and others that drift on racer servers, the thing that they have in common is nobody likes them

if you don't like racing don't do it, if you don't like drifting don't do it, find the appropriate server and you'll have no issue doing what you enjoy
Quote from HarryGillman :Not trying to generalise, but on the whole...

Racers can drift, but drifters can't race

Can you prove that?

And also, how about you get your information how drift events work from elsewhere than NFS:Underground.

Quote from HarryGillman :find out where the governing body for drifting competitions (such as D1 grand prix) says the line for the most points is, then set up some posts on aforementioned line (as in the green ones that you can place with the editor and knock over)
the drift points thing will say your angle, try to get the highest angle and hit all the posts
Then bobs your uncle, you are your own judge :P

Quote from HarryGillman :why not? i quite enjoy a blast round a twisty drift layout...

Also, looking at your lap times, maybe you need to practice before you start having a little bitch fit at me.

****ing colonials ¬¬

lol your stats are also nothing to write home about. he is correct in what he speaking against, from what ive seen a "drifter" can be just as capable of racing as a racer can be of drifting. maybe not every drifter will be at a competive level when racing but then thats the same as not every racer could be good at drifting. and i guess what is said at the bottom of your message just shows how much of an idiot you are also
Excuse me, but how does one execute a fast lap without using various Drifting techniques and vice versa?
Quote from Dennis93 :Excuse me, but how does one execute a fast lap without using various Drifting techniques and vice versa?

Simple, deal with it, it's autocross
Quote from The Very End :Because a part of the LFS community are "elites" and just... ****s.

Examples:
* New guy comes into LFSForum, have no clue what to do and asks a question he probally could find either by google or search functions - the forum goes mentall and flames the shit out of the guy.

* A guy comes in and wants to make a statement about his new cruise server - forum goes apeshit

* New guy comes in posting his laptimes which he is happy of - gets laughed of because it's considered slow compared to the "elite" racers.

* Lastly, new member asks for mods, having no clue that mods such as altering car shape is not allowed - if lucky a warning, but most likely he will get a flamewar so far up his ass that he will give birth to fireballs out his arse.

I completely agree that you should play the game how you want it. Be it if it's cruising, drifting, drag, crashing (on servers made for that) or other forms of entertainment.
If you want to drift - do it, don't waste energi talking to people that are too high of themself and belifes they are Michael Schumacher because they can play a computergame

Endy you are one in a million brotha! totally agree
The **** is this discussion actually about now :/

Just leave everyone to their things!

@HairyGillman

They're not letting me test the porsche because i suck at racing . It's just what you choose for and I like both drifting and racing!
So if a racer is drifting, he's a drifter. When he then wants to race, he can't race anymore.

We have to go deeper.
Quote from Bose321 :So if a racer is drifting, he's a drifter. When he then wants to race, he can't race anymore.

Happened to me.
Quote from Scrabby :...
(big pics)

They're not letting me test the porsche because i suck at racing . It's just what you choose for and I like both drifting and racing!

Go drifting the Porsche then.
#143 - War
Well didn't bother to check all of the earlier posts, but I get this alot. Drifting as a sport? Not to brag or anything, but I'm closely linked to drifting IRL. Drifting as a sport isn't just hooning your car around the track for show. The judges usually set up an unusual line which you should drift purely without any flaws.
If you'd like to compare this to any other sports then it's not figure skating, it's more like downhill skiing. You have to have the perfect line, angle, speed etc. It isn't just randomly sliding around, theres much more to it than that.

The skill of sliding the car around may not be a sport, but the skill of sliding the car around precisely is sport.

Thats just my few drops of oil into the flame.
Quote from War :Well didn't bother to check all of the earlier posts, but I get this alot. Drifting as a sport? Not to brag or anything, but I'm closely linked to drifting IRL. Drifting as a sport isn't just hooning your car around the track for show. The judges usually set up an unusual line which you should drift purely without any flaws.
If you'd like to compare this to any other sports then it's not figure skating, it's more like downhill skiing. You have to have the perfect line, angle, speed etc. It isn't just randomly sliding around, theres much more to it than that.

The skill of sliding the car around may not be a sport, but the skill of sliding the car around precisely is sport.

Thats just my few drops of oil into the flame.

Agreed
I don't hate drifting - I've done it a lot, and probably half of my 1000 laps in the XRG around BL1 is drifting. I think it's the people. I've met many people in drift servers who ONLY drift and a lot of them think they are baus where in reality, they suck. Too much Initial D.

There is nothing wrong with drifting though, and being able to drift whether flambuoyantly or slightly is a good skill to have IMO. In fact, you need to have a slight slip to maximize the amount of grip from your tires. Good racers will drift - at least a bit.
Quote from War :If you'd like to compare this to any other sports then it's not figure skating, it's more like downhill skiing.

How does winner get sorted out in downhill skiing? Pretty easy - the one who finishes the distance in shortest time wins.
How does winner get sorted out in drifting? Some judges rating how "beautiful" is the drivers slide,so basically same as figure skating - no technical data,just decision of some one. So it's still figure skating!
I like drift, what I don't like is most of drifters, are just stupid.
I like to compare hotlapping an xrt to drifting
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :Goto www.lfsworld.net and get a fast drivers hotlap. maybe even WR. you can download hotlaps on lfsw. then ask a drifter to drift as fast as he can.. you will see a considerable time difference.. if you take the best of each. on like blw track 3 laps.. the racer would be (a shot in the dark) maybe 30 or more seconds faster.. im not even sure thatll do it.. its probably more like 1:30min.. or more.

EDIT: which would mean the Drifter would be lapped

I meant on how driving an xrt on a hotlap on the edge consists of mini slides especially on south city.
A "grip driver" will try to get the lowest laptime while focusing on going as fast as possible while maintaining car control. To do that successfully especially in a rear-wheel drive car, there would be a slight amount of drifting at the corner exits when the driver gets back on the gas as the car is still rotating.

A "drifter" wouldn't try to get the lowest laptime so going as fast as possible is actually irrelevant to most drifters that usually focus only on car control and tire wear. Most drifters also stay in 1st to 3rd gear with close gear ratio setups that optimize the torque range for drifting at high RPM and as a result of the close ratios, the car also has a lower top speed.

Logically, the grip driver will get a lower laptime as opposed to the drifter however not all drifters are slow as some will give even the best grip drivers a run for their money.

why do you guys hate drifting so much?
(158 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG