The online racing simulator
Race of Champions 2012
(36 posts, started )
#1 - bbman
Race of Champions 2012
I wonder why there is no thread about it yet. Nobody watching Race of Champions?

Nations Cup is about to start, the individual Race of Champions is tomorrow. Germans can watch it on Sat.1, rest of Europe needs MotorsTV, Australia can watch on Speed, and Americans have the DRIVE stream on Youtube.

http://www.raceofchampions.com/

Who do you think will win? Germany has to be clear favourite in the Nations Cup, but it's anyones guess in the individual competition...
Love the concept, but as always the options for actually watching are very limited.
Nattavude Charoensukawattana

#4 - bbman
Quote from Jertje :Love the concept, but as always the options for actually watching are very limited.

It doesn't help that Sat.1 seems to forget they broadcast a racing event... Naming it "the Vettel and Schumi show" would have been so much nearer the actual content... Cutting away from races for ads is a nuisance, doing it to interview the (german) trainer of the Thailand national football team is just stupid... :banghead:
#5 - troy
Yep, getting Sat1 in HD but it was so horrible I switched to a low bitrate SD stream of motorstv to actually see some racing...
Whincup was a let down, even in the V8
Any replays or so around from the good/fun action?

Interested, but unable to watch live.
I watched it " Motors TV , But i dont have any clue how the penalty system works..
One contact with wall = yellow card. Two yellows in one heat = 5 sec penalty. Third? Dunno, maybe it's dq.
Quote from Jertje :Love the concept, but as always the options for actually watching are very limited.

Last year or the year before that it was streamed on the official website. Apparently not this year...
Quote from troy :Yep, getting Sat1 in HD but it was so horrible I switched to a low bitrate SD stream of motorstv to actually see some racing...

Could you share the URL? I mean, I like both drivers, but the amount of Vettel- and Schumi-wanking was so horrible I tried to find any stream too. The only one I managed to find was just the Sat.1 stream again in less resolution...

Quote from deggis :Last year or the year before that it was streamed on the official website. Apparently not this year...

To be honest, that really didn't went well for them. I remember watching it on the website but it was lagging so bad I gave up halfway through... Probably didn't see more races inbetween buffering than I did today...
Quote from bbman :To be honest, that really didn't went well for them. I remember watching it on the website but it was lagging so bad I gave up halfway through... Probably didn't see more races inbetween buffering than I did today...

I remember too, but it was just a bandwidth issue, as usual. Clearly they opted not to buy any at all this year.
At least Grosjean can't cause carnage at the start
any streams?
well... that is a joke. Grosjean? wtf.

ty for the stream
He is fast and do quite good when he go through T1
If you're looking for a stream, go to "youtube.com/drive". They have the rights (so it won't go down) to stream to the US. If it goes well enough, they plan to expand that list to other countries next year.

I watched the stream last night and it was really well done.
No. The ABS failed, and he had no brakes.
"Schumacher had beaten Grosjean in the opening race of their group, meaning the Frenchman met Vettel in the third quarter final. The three-time F1 world champion suffered an early exit however as a brush with the barriers broke the suspension on his KTM."

MSC #1
So Kristensen got the broken KTM?
but following that logic, the one who took out Michael is the champion of champions...
#24 - CSF
Yesss Romain.
they should give them go karts next year.

Race of Champions 2012
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG