The online racing simulator
Quote from Denny12 :No username = no admin rights?

You right. Thanks. This will to need in the test.
Quote from NovaK :Scawen: Tyre physics and core updates by all means, but that does not explain why Eric cannot release any new content what so ever. As i recall, it's him thats responsible for that? The new physics cannot be an obstruction for new content, as the current physics are still great.

I have explained this many times in the past. I'm reluctant to say it again, because I expect that I am just opening the floodgates for a barrage of questions and various detailed explanations of why our strategy is absolutely ridiculous, why we are being dishonest and so on.

But here goes... and unfortunately this is once again, a historical text that I have said over and over again. We planned to release the Scirocco then soon after, Rockingham (the start of S3 content). But we discovered that it was impossible to make the car handle realistically or safely while using realistic settings. So I thought, let's take a few weeks and sort out this tyre model. That took me on a long journey of development. Never did I think, what a waste of time this has been, let's go back to the old flawed model and start releasing the things which we haven't released because of the flaws in the tyre model. No, we still want to sort out the tyre model before releasing anything.

This is absolutely not that Victor and I are wishing Eric would release new content and he is refusing to do so. That is one of the false imaginings from certain people in the community. We want to sort out the tyres then release the VW and then Rockingham and other things as planned.

Quote from NovaK :Eric is very bad at dropping by here on the forums, is he even active and working at all? Some information updates regarding the situation would be nice.

As I've said, over and over and over again, Eric is working on new content. You just will not believe it. Eric doesn't post here because he doesn't like the way some people take any words we say, twist them round to mean something completely different then hold them against us. And because any minor slip up in our text can lead to years of seemingly personal attacks. I'm reluctant to make this reply, as I said, this normally ends up drawing me into ridiculous discussions until I just have to unsubscribe or close the thread. So I can understand his reluctance to post here. It would be nice if he did, but he doesn't want to.
Eric is working on new content? .. How about Improving the old one? You saw what Lynce did just with the FE? That's the work we all expect from artist... not 512x512 textures that remind more minecraft than a racing game..
Look! The ridiculous conversation starts immediately!
Quote from Scawen :Look! The ridiculous conversation starts immediately!

OK,
but you wanna say me i am not right?
Well, I haven't seen what Lynce did with Fern Bay, though I am sure it is very good.

But I am not going to get drawn into off topic conversations that have nothing to do with the problem of the day or the points in my previous post.

You are just causing spam that obscures what I said a few posts above.

So what will happen? Someone else will come and ask me the same thing.

You see? This is what my post was trying to explain. Now do you see why Eric doesn't post here?
Quote from Denny12 :OK,
but you wanna say me i am not right?

Consider this games age. 512 Textures were the norm and be glad that people like Lynce are making textures for you when you don't find this acceptable.

I want to say that if you expect Scawen to respond to all your ill-thought out arguments that are designed to cause a flame war you should start paying Scawen for wasted development time. £10 an hour .

The LFS Developers don't HAVE to release anything new, nowhere on your S2 License that you paid as little as £20 for does it say you are guaranteed new content by such and such a date, you paid for what you got and if you don't like it that's not his problem.

I'm just glad to see that Scawen is still interested in developing his game and I fully agree that this Hacker is a waste of space and completely counter-productive for racers.
Quote from Denny12 :Eric is working on new content? .. How about Improving the old one? You saw what Lynce did just with the FE? That's the work we all expect from artist... not 512x512 textures that remind more minecraft than a racing game..

Modders will mod. Even if Eric made 2048 textures of everything ever (or 4096 or whatever), people would still make and release an "HD Texture Pack".

So bundle some 512s out of the door (bearing in mind that S2 was initially released quite a while ago), and let people work their 'magic'. Simple.
Quote from Scawen :Well, I haven't seen what Lynce did with Fern Bay, though I am sure it is very good.

But I am not going to get drawn into off topic conversations that have nothing to do with the problem of the day or the points in my previous post.

You see? This is what my post was trying to explain. Now do you see why Eric doesn't post here?

eric could post just to show that people he's alive , but not be active
Scawen said that Eric is working.. Why do we still have ugly textures? For that time he is working, we will have tons of new content, or at least, improved the default ones.... Try to play default LFS.. After 2 hours, your eyes will be bleeding..

Its not designed to start a flamewar. Its a feedback. It's my opinion as a customer, as a fan of LFS.
Quote from tommer :I'm just glad to see that Scawen is still interested in developing his game and I fully agree that this Hacker is a waste of space and completely counter-productive for racers.

I'm just the guy in the shadow on this thread, but that line deserves a big +1!
Quote from Scawen :
But I am not going to get drawn into off topic conversations that have nothing to do with the problem of the day

Excellent. Just send you an email.

/end of informal post.
Quote from Hector_UA :maybe its clearly, but maybe problem not in game but in main server (lfsworld or where is access to joing other servers is granting)?

I thought of this, it could be some security bug which allow this happening Scawen already looked at TCP log when Dave sent him. So basicly if there is no some special packets, there is nothing to check...

Scawen, dont you have some kind of log at master server? to see from which IP, user, ... someone yesterday connected to AA server.

If people could go to jail for DOSing COD servers, why don't we trace this guy and punish him?
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Scawen already looked at TCP log when Dave sent him.

I wonder how you got that information because not many people know that but thanks for the warning

Probably also the reason why he avoids CG now.
Quote from cargame.nl :I wonder how you got that information because not many people know that but thanks for the warning

Probably also the reason why he avoids CG now.

You posted this
Hmm researched my own posts but cannot find it, can't believe I posted this here. Weird. Well.. Doesn't matter. You know, thats already too much
Quote from Scawen :Well, I haven't seen what Lynce did with Fern Bay, though I am sure it is very good.

12/15/08 17:30 - We will never forget.
//rant start
In my opinion alot of the somewhat rude, negative and destructive individuals posting on the forum are spoiled children not even realising what it actually takes to create a great sim.
These posters seem to think that Scawen has the ability to finish something very challenging yesterday and get on with it. It is rather sad to see so much negativity especially when you have the opportunity to interact with the creator himself. If your an LFS fanboy you should feel priviliged and thankful that Scawen even dares to take part into community discussions. I can relate to Eric easily, Scawen seems to be a very tolerant person, the mass of garbage posts he has to "scrape off his windshield" is impressive.

On the other hand I think there also is room for improvement in terms of communication devs --> community. The Progress Reports always include the necessary/pertinent information people are looking for but audio/video is missing these days.
I found it very enjoying to have Scawen commenting on his FBM testdrive and Victor being interviewed. The youtube era/generation loves this. For example a video of Scawen describing the Tyre Physics hurdles he is trying to overcome or just an interview would perhaps reinstate their reputation of caring devs interacting and listening to the community fully.

Either ways, in the end I judge the sim and looking at Z28->0.6B->0.6E I only see a positive evolution of pertinent improvement / bugfixes and new features. Hopefully this trend continues and hopefully the trend of bashing the devs stops.
//rant end
Quote from Scawen :I have explained this many times in the past. I'm reluctant to say it again, because I expect that I am just opening the floodgates for a barrage of questions and various detailed explanations of why our strategy is absolutely ridiculous, why we are being dishonest and so on.

But think about the other end. These explanations gives us abilities to fight against the flame wars, especially against someone who hasn't been for a while and states that development is dead.
Skywalker - log files
Scawen - I have the Airio and server logs from yesterday when Anakin Skywalker connected to our server. I have tried to pm you but... "Scawen has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

I don't really want to post the links to our full log files on a public forum but I've pulled out the connection attempts here (don't really tell you much I'm afraid). If you want the full logs then let me know how I can send the download links to you.

Best

AA |meddc

LFS.log1.txt:
Dec 09 22:17:48 Anakin Skywalker^L connected ()
Dec 09 22:17:48 Admin : ?

Airio.log.txt:
12.12.09 21:51:02 #4 Anakin Skywalker connected ()
12.12.09 21:51:02 #4 C13P00 Creating player : Anakin Skywalker
12.12.09 21:51:02 #4 C13P00 anakin skywalker - Connected as ADMIN...
12.12.09 21:51:02 #4 C13P00 anakin skywalker - Requesting LFSW OS data...
12.12.09 21:51:02 #4 C13P00 anakin skywalker - Requesting AIRW VB data...
12.12.09 21:51:02 #4 C13P00 anakin skywalker - Requesting AIRW VL data...
12.12.09 21:51:02 #4 C13P00 anakin skywalker - Requesting LFSW HL data...
12.12.09 21:51:02 #4 C13P00 anakin skywalker - Requesting LFSW PB data...
12.12.09 21:51:03 #4 C13P00 anakin skywalker - LFSW OS data not downloaded...
Quote from cargame.nl :Excellent. Just send you an email.

Thanks got it.

Quote from meddc :If you want the full logs then let me know how I can send the download links to you.

I will, thanks.
Sorry for being offtopic:

:munching_

(as I thought speed hacking wasn't possible anymore...)
one more guess. maybe if he has not account then host count his messages like a dedicated or insim message?
is he join servers only with airio? maybe he get an admins rights through it?

New Version : 0.6E
(618 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG