The online racing simulator
Problems with LFS master server / InSim relay?
Are there still some problems with the master server?
I keep getting messages that Insim Relay has timed out, then connected again, etc.
Not what I am aware off, but then again I do not do much servers. You should ask Cargame if that is something which occurs on his server too. If it doesn't it's probally something on your end that is messed up somehow
Hmmno.. Not really..

Some error about once a day but not disruptive. No idea what this means;

Quote :Dec 02 22:16:53 FATAL INSIM ERROR : BUFFER SIZE
Dec 02 22:16:53 InSim closed : InSim Relay
Dec 02 22:16:53 GuestSend : wrong mode
Dec 02 22:16:53 GuestSend : wrong mode

Only happened once. Didn't caused trouble really.

This patch E is much much more stable then the version B one in my opinion.
I'm also getting the

Quote :FATAL INSIM ERROR : BUFFER SIZE

From experimentation so far it seems that the more text you throw into the game chat the sooner the error occurs. Only happening since the latest patches, and not had a chance to investigate further as yet.
I'm surprised that is happening online. It suggests that InSim is sending out (over some time) a lot of information to the connected program, but the connected program isn't collecting it from its buffer. Eventually TCP can't send it and InSim stores it in its buffer. When this exceeds 47104 bytes then you will get the fatal error and the InSim program will be disconnected. What is the connected InSim program that gets disconnected?
Really can't say... Its Airio and PRISM running but didnt pay enough attention to this. When it happens again I will report it. Just moved this night to a fresh server / new OS / Wine etc. Everything can be different now anyway.
Quote from Scawen :What is the connected InSim program that gets disconnected?

cargame's log in post #3 shows the relay was disconnected.
I have a theory where it is possible for the relay to stall a little bit in certain cases. But I can try something that should fix that.

EDIT - implemented. If anyone still sees the relay disconnect (with an error), I'd like to hear.
Last night the 2 server I have Insim Relay connected to, showed the following messages in the log files:

server 1:

Dec 12 03:04:55 InSim guest closed : InSim Relay
Dec 12 03:05:01 InSim - TCP : InSim Relay
Dec 12 03:05:19 InSim guest closed : InSim Relay
Dec 12 03:05:44 InSim - TCP : InSim Relay
Dec 12 03:06:11 InSim guest closed : InSim Relay
Dec 12 03:06:29 InSim - TCP : InSim Relay

server 2:

Dec 12 03:04:55 InSim guest closed : InSim Relay
Dec 12 03:05:01 InSim - TCP : InSim Relay
Dec 12 03:05:19 InSim guest closed : InSim Relay
Dec 12 03:05:44 InSim - TCP : InSim Relay
Dec 12 03:06:11 InSim guest closed : InSim Relay
Dec 12 03:06:29 InSim - TCP : InSim Relay
Dec 12 03:14:34 InSim guest closed : InSim Relay
Dec 12 03:14:50 InSim - TCP : InSim Relay
Thanks for the report, but that was just me restarting it a few times.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG