The online racing simulator
Far too much going on in my life these days to play a game that requires practice like LFS does, for my kicks lately I have focused on writing my own game rather than modding other peoples but it is hard to fit that in around all the work commitments I currently have.

I still loiter though, and much like the OP I've no wheel to play with anymore and I never got in to driving with keyboard.
Quote from Racer Y :"At this point, if I want to race, I'll do it for real in my preferred 2-wheel format."
I converted to hardcore rider after gasoline shot to 4 bucks a gallon around 2006-7
I ride a Valkyrie. It out chromes a hog and outruns a crotch rocket

At 95 HP and 700 lbs, I think not.
Still lurking. In the Caribbean without a wheel so happy to wait for the next 6 months.

I miss the rsc days :'(
Still alive and kickin...

...footballs with my son.

Nah really I still love lfs, but real life has got me at the balls and won't be letting go soon.

The lack of "real" updates hasn't put me off, it was the amount of time taken by all the things that happened since 2008. Now I've got 2 great jobs involving computers and simulators, I'm in training for the third (driving security instructor stuff), married the most beautiful woman on the planet and my 2 year old son turns out to be a great guy, we're moving houses again, I'm driving a real Porsche and I've built a few more great slotcars.

Next year the family called concept racing, will meet at the ring for the 24 hours, and hopefully I'll get to drive to the kart meet at Jason's once more to win more drinking games ;-)

S3 will get my wheel out of the shelf once again, and I really really do hope troy, adam, lars, reintjan, tony and all the guys will get together and drive and drink and have a ball until 3 in the morning again!

greetz

der butz
So you did want to change it?
Quote from zeugnimod :So you did want to change it?

No. But it's still hard.
lol. zeugnimod. I miss your kindness. There is no one alike to share such love what you had...
Quote from Forbin :At 95 HP and 700 lbs, I think not.

A few months ago some kid sittin like a frog on a hunk of plastic challenged me to a race. I said OK... 300 miles THAT way.
Little chicken$$@!!! wouildn't do it
uh.....115hp and closer to 800. bigger jets, better pipes...saddle bags...yada yada yada

What do you ride anyways? I've done a little....very little work with old school cafe racers lately. I'd love to get a CB 750 and rat it out. I'm just too damned old and fat for a sportbike.
Quote from der butz :Still alive and kickin...

...footballs with my son.

Nah really I still love lfs, but real life has got me at the balls and won't be letting go soon.

The lack of "real" updates hasn't put me off, it was the amount of time taken by all the things that happened since 2008. Now I've got 2 great jobs involving computers and simulators, I'm in training for the third (driving security instructor stuff), married the most beautiful woman on the planet and my 2 year old son turns out to be a great guy, we're moving houses again, I'm driving a real Porsche and I've built a few more great slotcars.

Next year the family called concept racing, will meet at the ring for the 24 hours, and hopefully I'll get to drive to the kart meet at Jason's once more to win more drinking games ;-)

S3 will get my wheel out of the shelf once again, and I really really do hope troy, adam, lars, reintjan, tony and all the guys will get together and drive and drink and have a ball until 3 in the morning again!

greetz

der butz

I clearly won that drinking game and I clearly beat Bob's sorry arse on that table.
'Nough said!
#87 - Davo
Quote from Mysho :The typical process for every (serious) racer:

1. Be entertained with LFS for first couple of years
2. Join leagues, win races, be happy about what you achieved
3. When you have time, do some hotlaps, upload it to LFSW and see how awesome you are
4. Be less entertained with LFS for next couple of years
5. Be sad about old content and that you still drive same old thing over and over again without lack of updates which you were used to
6. Stop playing LFS that much
7. Start occupying forum instead of turning on LFS
8. Raise your post count, don't turn LFS at all from now on
9. Moan about how old LFS is and how you don't have time for that because your real life finally advanced somewhere
10. Remember some nostalgie memories every now and then
11. Be still around if something pops up in following 5 years.
12. Never give up on LFS as a whole, because it did find you some friends and gave some really nice memories in past

Sums me up pretty well... although my post count here isn't boosted much and my hotlaps suck lol
Still hoping for S3
Likewise.

Will dust off the ol' G25 and have a few races this weekend.. something other than GTRs around Aston National!
I am still following the"Progress" of LFS. Reading the Forum regularly but dont Race anymore. But this might change in the future.
I lost my original account information ages ago, probably some stupid password, but I've played since S1 Still hanging in there hoping for more cars!
Just had a two hour session after nearly five and half years. Had fun Will be back soon.
[QUOTE=Forbin;1763161]2006 Suzuki SV650S w/ 2004 GSX-R600 forks and front brakes
70HP and 380 lbs with a full tank

LOL Figures you'd ride a gixxer. My other bike is a 1400 intruder. Suzukis are the fastest rice burners. They rock! They can go from zero to the repair shop in 2 seconds. mine's going to be getting new head gaskets as the front cylinder leaks (84k miles, I put on 60) and I figure since that's a real pain to replace, I'll do a litle bit more I'm going to change the air intakes from the stock cleaner to modified K&M filters. and when my mechanic is cussing me while he has to take the frame apart to get the engine out, I'll be re finishing and re fabricating. I Kinda want to put springers on it, but I don't know if I want to replace that much performance for that much cool. Plus $$$.
Stock it only had 60 hp. I don't have a clue what the HP is on it pre leak, but the wheel would come up when I popped second and after 90 the needle on the speedo would start going all over the place. there's a pic of it on the forums in the bikes part.

Oh I got 45 something on the little So.City track with an rb-4 using mouse/auto. WHOO HOO! Man, I suck!
The SV650 is not a "gixxer".

I don't know what makes you think GSX-R's are any faster than other supersports/superbikes, though. In the club racing scene, they're generally considered easier to work on, but handling is inferior to other brands. Rider skill is a much bigger factor for performance, though, as demonstrated in my videos.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
i still check it out once in a while aswell. had many hours of fun in the game so its only natural no?
I still lurk the forums. Haven't played in years and probably won't until some remotely significant update.
Quote from The Very End :I clearly won that drinking game and I clearly beat Bob's sorry arse on that table.
'Nough said!

Somebody is in denial. I don't keep bringing it up.
I could post some rather unsharp pictures....

Any 'oldskool'(lol) racers still visit these forums
(277 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG