The online racing simulator
Subbing to thread, nice 2012

Updated the schedule in the original post. Germany has been moved one week forward (to 7th of July) and the 21st of July is reserved for another unspecified event, pending the approval of relevant national sporting authorities.
Quote from Rappa Z :Updated the schedule in the original post. Germany has been moved one week forward (to 7th of July) and the 21st of July is reserved for another unspecified event, pending the approval of relevant national sporting authorities.

Its Turkey although still unofficial.
They could move it to June, right after Canada, if they don't mind having all the equipment melt.
Would it not be easier to reschedule the football?
"Lewis Hamilton's contract with Mercedes has not yet entered into life, and the British driver has mentioned that he might eventually return to McLaren after upcoming season."

Hamilton pliz.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Would it not be easier to reschedule the football?

No, it wouldn't. They only have 11 games a year per team (+bowl games)and they are basically on back to back to back weekends. They have to get it all done before the bowl games start.

It's just not going to happen. The school isn't going to care if the F1 race happens on the same weekend, while F1 will care if there's a football game on the same weekend.

I don't know how close the areas are, but it might not be an issue because I don't see F1 drawing the same people anyways. Hotels might be the only problem.
Can't wait to see Pérez in the McLaren!!!
Quote from BlueFlame :Can't wait to see Pérez in the McLaren!!!

Tbh I'm a bit worried that he will grosjean his first year...
Quote from Hyperactive :Tbh I'm a bit worried that he will grosjean his first year...

I can understand those concerns to a point but to be honest most people who should know F1 were saying Pérez wouldn't ever be in a McLaren and those people were saying he wouldn't win a race in his first season with McLaren. I think if he has the confidence and the ability, of course he's going to win.
Quote from luki97 :"Lewis Hamilton's contract with Mercedes has not yet entered into life, and the British driver has mentioned that he might eventually return to McLaren after upcoming season."

Hamilton pliz.

He said he wouldn't rule out returning in the future
I'm sure he wouldn't rule out going to Ferrari or Red Bull either
#41 - CSF
Top 4 is fair for me, how the hell is Nico in the top 10...
Not sure I agree on Rosberg or Massa - Rosberg had a good start to the year before the Mercedes was out-developed, and Massa had a very strong finish to the season, but neither sufficiently so to warrant a place in the top 10. I think Ricciardo, Kobayashi, Di Resta or Maldonado (in terms of pure ability at least) should have replaced them.
Quote from CSF :Top 4 is fair for me, how the hell is Nico in the top 10...

which one?
#44 - CSF
Good point. Rosberg. He probably only had two decent races in the whole season, China and Monaco. When he was bad, he was very very bad.

Though Mercedes pathetic development didn't help. God help Lewis next year if they have no idea how to develop the W04.
It is really tough call between hamilton, vettel and alonso imho. Without car trouble hamilton could have won the dwc. Vettel drove well but was also lucky when he was unlucky (abu dhabi) while alonso and hamilton did not really have much luck. So the final point standings are a bit deceiving.
Alonso finished 2nd in a poor car (at best the 3rd quickest on the grid, at worst 6th or 7th), and basically didn't make a mistake all year. He has to be #1.

Hamilton was quick, but was either let down by his car, his team or his own immature brain. Vettel was quick, but also had car problems and a couple of incidents of brain fade. So I think they're on a tie overall for 2nd (but I still rate Vettel as better).

After that it becomes a meaningless list of names in no particular order...
Kimi could've been 2nd or more likely third, for ending 3rd overall in a Lotus.
I think Massa's bad performances made Alonso look a bit too good imho. I don't believe for a second the ferrari of this season was total turd or even close to being as bad as some people make it sound. 3 best cars of the season were clearly redbull, mclaren and ferrari and it varied from race to race which was the best. While the ferrari of this season did not win drivers' or manufacturers' championship it still wasn't a bad car. Mercedes had a bad car. The merc was a turd. Just because the press says the ferrari was turd doesn't exactly mean it is true.
Quote from Hyperactive :Without car trouble hamilton could have won the dwc.

No. If you give Hamilton the points for all the wins that he COULD of had if the car didn't break it still wouldn't be enough.
What happened BlueFlame? 2 years ago you loved Hamilton. You were the leader of his fan club. You guys went karting together! What happened? Did he not send you a christmas card?

Formula 1 Season 2013
(1242 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG