The online racing simulator
Formula 1 Season 2013
2013 Formula 1 Season

It's that time of year! The time we make a new thread to voice our distaste for Bernie, various drivers, and the sport we continue to watch despite the "If X happens I'll stop watching" comments every year. Here's some info for you:

Current FIA Schedule:

Australia (Melbourne) - 17 March
Malaysia (Sepang) - 24 March
China (Shanghai) - 14 April
Bahrain (Sakhir) - 21 April
Spain (Barcelona) - 12 May
Monaco - 26 May
Canada (Montreal) - 9 June
Britain (Silverstone) - 30 June
Germany (Nurburgring) - 7 July
Unknown* - 21 July
Hungary (Hungaroring) - 28 July
Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps) - 25 August
Italy (Monza) - 8 September
Singapore (Marina Bay) - 22 September
Korea (Yeongam) - 6 October
Japan (Suzuka) - 13 October
India (Buddh International) - 27 October
Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina) - 3 November
United States (Austin) - 17 November
Brazil (Interlagos) - 24 November

*Reserved for officially unspecified European event (unofficially Turkey)

Current Drivers and Seats:
1. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull
2. Mark Webber, Red Bull
3. Fernando Alonso, Ferrari
4. Felipe Massa, Ferrari
5. Jenson Button, McLaren
6. Sergio Perez, McLaren
7. Kimi Raikkonen, Lotus
8. Romain Grosjean, Lotus
9. Nico Rosberg, Mercedes
10. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes
11. Niko Hulkenberg, Sauber
12. Esteban Gutierrez, Sauber
14. Paul di Resta, Force India
15. Adrian Sutil, Force India
16. Pastor Maldonado, Williams
17. Valtteri Bottas, Williams
18. Daniel Ricciardo, Toro Rosso
19. Jean-Eric Vergne, Toro Rosso
20. Charles Pic, Caterham
21. Giedo van der Garde, Caterham
22. Jules Bianchi, Marussia
23. Max Chilton, Marussia

Rule Changes:
  • Qualifying is modified so the last 6 spots are set in Q3, the next 6 in Q2 and the top 10 in Q3. This accounts for the loss of two cars, setting the grid at 22 positions.
  • Two DRS zones will be used on every track where it is seen feasible. DRS usage will be limited to these zones in practice and qualifying, as it is during the race.
  • Cars must still return to the pits after qualifying under their own strength, unless the team can adequately demonstrate that outside forces (imminent technical failure) prevented the car from doing so.
  • Penalty System has been revised so that drivers will acquire points on their Super Licenses for driving infringements (same as points on road licenses). After a set number of points, the driver will be suspended from racing.
  • Mid-season testing is once again banned as a cost cutting measure.
  • Entry fees for the season are based on last year's points system. All teams pay a €389,525 base fee, plus €3,895 per point scored in the previous year. Old system had all teams pay €309,000. For reference, this year Red Bull pays €2,507,091.
  • "Modesty Plates" are allowed, meant to cover up 2012 style platypus noses.
  • Overhaul of front-wing testing procedures to reduce exploits in flexible bodywork regulations.
  • Double DRS system banned, specifically Mercedes style solutions.
  • Only 51% (7 teams) of teams need to agree to regulation changes for chnges to be accepted. Previous years saw a 70% (9 teams) vote required.
Misc. Notable events:
  • HRT is not listed as a 2013 Entrant
  • Spanish Grand Prix is to rotate between Barcelona and Valencia, the European GP is discontinued.
  • Rumors circulating that the Austrian GP could return (21st of July), denied by Bernie.
  • Hungaroring expected to undergo track changes.
  • New Jersey Grand Prix postponed to 2014.
  • Commercial rights for the sport to be floated on stock exchanges, but delayed due to Europe's questionable economic future.
Did I miss anything?
Quote from Rappa Z :
18. TBA, Toro Rosso
19. TBA, Toro Rosso

Ricciardo and Vergne have both been confirmed for these seats for 2013.
Penalty System has been revised so that drivers will acquire points on their Super Licenses for driving infringements (same as points on road licenses). After a set number of points, the driver will be suspended from racing.

liking this
Didn't it puzzle you when you added the 23rd and final car in a field of eleven teams?
Quote from sinbad :Didn't it puzzle you when you added the 23rd and final car in a field of eleven teams?

You're right in some point numbers are from #1 to #23, but you have to know it still is 22 cars on this list. (nobody wishes bad luck to some "unlucky" driver by giving him a #13 car ).
Quote from sinbad :Didn't it puzzle you when you added the 23rd and final car in a field of eleven teams?

its because he missed 13

so still 22 entrys.
F1 has never had a car numbered 13.
Did a team withdraw? Weren't there 24 and 25 this season
@dygear

Yes it had once:

"A car numbered 13 has only appeared once in a Grand Prix. Moises Solana qualified 11th for his first race – at home in Mexico City – in 1963 in a BRM numbered 13. He was a classified finisher in 11th despite his engine having failed eight laps short of the chequered flag."

@Ray

HRT did not payed $500k to Bernie for starting a new season
Ok, care to explain? Google aint helping me right now.
You could just stop being a retard and asking about things which already are old news in the F1 2012 thread. But heyho dont expect miracles from Rednecks I guess. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104673

I would also like to know how you couldnt google and find your answer...
Quote from IsaacPrice :I would also like to know how you couldnt google and find your answer...

He should have tried Bing
Thats a shame, i was hoping some young drivers could get an oppurtunity
Quote from Bmxtwins :Thats a shame, i was hoping some young drivers could get an oppurtunity

They are better off driving in F3.5 or GP2 learning race craft then a F1 car which is only purpose is to get lapped and determine races.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Thats a shame, i was hoping some young drivers could get an oppurtunity

HRT wasn't fielding young drivers.

Were you thinking of Minardi?
Quote from samjh :HRT wasn't fielding young drivers.

Bruno Senna, Karun Chandhok and your fellow countrymate Daniel Ricciardo F1 career started from HRT and they moved on to another teams afterwards.

Sadly there isn't 2(3) seats for young drivers any more, but maybe those who are able to get into F1 will be more professional. At the end F1 should be the place where quality rules the quantity. And this is the reason why we won't see HRT next year.
Looks like Senna might be able to buy another seat for next year:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104712

I have no idea why anyone would pick Senna over Sutil, Barrichello, Buemi, Algersuari, Kovalainen, Trulli, di Grassi, Ambrosio... etc. other than money... It would not surprise me one bit if he got a seat for 2013 and then bought another seat in 2014 from different team.
Quote from Hyperactive :Looks like Senna might be able to buy another seat for next year:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104712

I have no idea why anyone would pick Senna over Sutil, Barrichello, Buemi, Algersuari, Kovalainen, Trulli, di Grassi, Ambrosio... etc. other than money... It would not surprise me one bit if he got a seat for 2013 and then bought another seat in 2014 from different team.

It's pretty much a wash to compare all those drivers, so why not take the one that has the cash?
Hamilton has done a big favour to Vettel by moving to Mercedes. Can't see Vettel not getting his 4th title. Only thing stopping that is whether Newey starts to get bored.
#21 - CSF
Newey occasionally makes a terrible car when he tries to be too clever. He could be stung by this seasons early season form into trying something new and failing.

Big question is, will Ferrari work out what they did to the back end of that car at the end of the season?
I'm going to be ballsy and say this is Massa's year. Mark my words, people.
Quote from Rappa Z :I'm going to be ballsy and say this is Massa's year. Mark my words, people.

He may be fast, but it never be Massa's, Webber's, [enter 2nd driver name]'s year. NEVER. Especially when you are team called Ferrari and your teammate is spaniard.
Quote from Rappa Z :I'm going to be ballsy and say this is Massa's year. Mark my words, people.

Signed by Kid222. Let's see how deep we can sink with this statement.

From around Suzuka onwards i get the feeling he is back, since then he has been faster the Alonso in numerious sceinarios

Formula 1 Season 2013
(1242 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG