The online racing simulator
Quote from CarlLefrancois :still here

Please tell me you have been playing since 03 on demo or something.

You've seen nothing of LFS if you joined this family in 07.
Quote from Dennis93 :Please tell me you have been playing since 03 on demo or something.

You've seen nothing of LFS if you joined this family in 07.

Easy fella, 5 years is still a long time, we are a small enough group as it is without making further divisions.
Welcome all
Quote from Mysho :The typical process for every (serious) racer:

1. Be entertained with LFS for first couple of years
2. Join leagues, win races, be happy about what you achieved
3. When you have time, do some hotlaps, upload it to LFSW and see how awesome you are
4. Be less entertained with LFS for next couple of years
5. Be sad about old content and that you still drive same old thing over and over again without lack of updates which you were used to
6. Stop playing LFS that much
7. Start occupying forum instead of turning on LFS
8. Raise your post count, don't turn LFS at all from now on
9. Moan about how old LFS is and how you don't have time for that because your real life finally advanced somewhere
10. Remember some nostalgie memories every now and then
11. Be still around if something pops up in following 5 years.
12. Never give up on LFS as a whole, because it did find you some friends and gave some really nice memories in past

MM I'm still at no3 you guys get bored easy
Yep, still lurking! And I have to say, "Wow!" at the amount of former teammates that are posting here. Good on you guys!
Back in action after a long'ish break from driving.

Not many gaming communities have remained this active after a decade from the original release.
I'm not considered a oldskool racer I guess, but I've been here since late 2002 with demo.

Sadly only got S2 in 2007, but the demo times where awesome.

Can't say I particuraly remember anyone here from those times except for Virgie from TC City Driving. And from around 2006 Bose321.

I remember how drifting was at it's best during Patch P, with the XRT around BL1R, good old times when I could still drift.

Anyone who remembers a noob named ingame *ROCK* ROCK^cl ?
After reading a news item on Assetto Corsa was being deplayed I was wondering how LFS was doing. So just signed on the the forums once again

Last race must have been somewhere in 2008 I guess
Lurking once a month or so.
"You last visited: 19th August 2009 at 16:23"

every 3 years i guess?
I check in once a week or so to see if there is finally an update that interests me, or a tweak that actually works, so I can mess around.
Sup dudes?

Long time no see, Eric.
I guess I'd consider anyone from the RSC (2001? days) old school.
Still here... drop in once every few months... Haven't played seriously since the local leagues withered (2007-8) with the stagnation of content development.

It's nice to see this thread and a few original fans still lurking around, but they're a dying breed for sure.
#38 - JJ72
Hi!
Quote from Macfox :I guess I'd consider anyone from the RSC (2001? days) old school.

.004W was released in August 2002, IIRC. It was the first demo release of LFS. Of course, RSC was also around before then.
Maybe once a week, for 5 mins. Not three times a day, for an hour at a time, like I once did.
Quote from Bob Smith :Maybe once a week, for 5 mins. Not three times a day, for an hour at a time, like I once did.

I do miss your appearance on this forum.
Quote from Forbin :.004W was released in August 2002, IIRC. It was the first demo release of LFS. Of course, RSC was also around before then.

From what I found on a quick search .004K (18.08.2002) was the first public version that was played widely. It's been a while since we've seen that level of enthusiasm in a thread.

http://www.west-racing.com/for ... ;f=1&t=958&st=125
I guess I'm kind of an oldtimer in terms of LFS, I still know those good old demo times and I've been on RSC, too
Long time lurker here too, I don't visit as much these days, kind of lost interest with the lack of progression, and moved off onto iRacing which i've hit a similar disappointment with lack of major progress given there budget / team size (sure they have done alot and content is great, but something still doesn't feel right).

I recently booted up LFS to remember the good ol days, but sim physics have moved on. I hope they can get back to there hay day with the physics update but there's alot more competition these days.
Hey guys, it's been a while huh? I'm still waiting for those new tyre physics I guess. Decided to come check around what else is happening, as the 0.6E patch email hit my inbox today. I think it's been about 3 years since I last played LFS. Oh, and this actually seems to be my first forum post ever, hehe, cheers, I might aswell make it a tiny bit interesting -> so I'll include a picture from 2008, I raced LFS at Assembly Summer '08 demoparty

Ahh, lots of beef jerky, a case of Powerking energy drinks, my trusty Zepto, G25 and PC 350 ... those were the days

Oh and as for the thread topic, I'm not quite sure when I started playing LFS, I hanged with the demo for a long while, something like 2006 I guess, I might not be oldskool when it comes to LFS as a whole, but in cruise, yeah I'm oldskool "warrioar" As for anyone who remembers the pink powerthirst muscleman warrioars, I am dreadfully sorry for everything
To lurk or not to lurk... some are even more the same: waiting for S3 by playing project C.A.R.S or F1 2012...
Still Here! I still hope to see the physics/s3! I check the forums every now and them. Shame i havent seen many of the old [noobs] suckers around here. I really miss the glory days!
Quote from The Very End :Still here, still waiting for Rallypack.

I still wait too ... and physics update too ...

I can admit that some screenshots/vids of S3 could interest me if by chance Eric would like to share any in these Christmas days ... agood reason to stay close to the forum ...
Agreeing with Flotch - there is still hope!

Any 'oldskool'(lol) racers still visit these forums
(277 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG