The online racing simulator
Can connect/download update fine but won't install..
As the title states, I can connect to master server and/or download the update just fine, but it won't install.. whether I try auto-update or manually doing so, I get: "Error opening file for writing", on every file. I've already got lfs.exe set to run as administrator & am on Win7 64x Pro. What do I do?
I believe that has to do when the installer cannot make a folder to place the contents of LFS files into. Are you installing it to the default C:/LFS directory?
No. I've stuck it in Program Files x86. (and pointed the install location as per) I guess I need to move it to C:\LFS for this update? I've never had to do so before..
Moving the directory worked, thanks. While I can understand the auto-updater not working with a different directory, (though it has in the past), it makes no sense why you can't manually install the update to any dir you want. Oh well.. I just cut/pasted it back where I want. Guess I'm a bit anal. I don't like game dir's scattered about so if possible, install/move them all to Program Files or Program Files 86.
My guess would be it writing something in the registry, and when you move it, it panics and give you the error. Glad you got it working anyway.
Ahh Ok

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG