The online racing simulator
-
(Stiggie) DELETED by Stiggie
Lol that would be funny if it was true.
Quote from Bose321 :Lol that would be funny if it was true.

It is true. Wireless is the devil's work.
Every single place I've lived for the past 10 years, I've tried to set up a wireless network.

Usually it takes me about 2 days of swearing, cursing and failure before I just think 'oh sod it' and run 25 metres of CAT5 through the house.
Meh, just hide it properly, I've never tripped over any CAT5 cables, just tidy them away by the panels, no one will notice.
The wireless stuff is true, allways a horror. Cables at sockets around in the house with a smart layout beats wireless any day!
Dunno. been using WiFi for more than ten years now both in a house and two flats, never ever had the problem described.

But then, it looks like most of you use a router that isn't powerful enough...
Quote from ColeusRattus :Dunno. been using WiFi for more than ten years now both in a house and two flats, never ever had the problem described.

The main problem is the interference. Speakers, TV, kitchen equiptment, other electronical equptment and so on will make an intereference and lower to signal strenght and stability.
At least for the small places I have lived in, it's just too much stuff on small places that screws up the signal for me. Tried with more than a router and the results is allways the same - not any near as good as cabled.

But if it works for you that's good
in my uni flat there were two walls, one chimney, one bathtub and one boiler in the direct path (~7 meters) between router and my computer, and I still got 80% receiving power. But my wifi card had a rather big external antenna.

Quote from ACCAkut :
Down syndrome Party girl

I argued with my girlfriend if the girls look similar.
What do you think?

IMO no.
Quote from The Very End :Tried with more than a router and the results is allways the same - not any near as good as cabled.

Yes, more power usually will not help with WLAN interference/signal issues. It sounds like you may be suffering from phase cancellation. That is, the signal is being reflected, and the reflection cancels out the actual signal due to being out of phase. Increasing power will not likely help. Also, those reflections will reach the device as well. So you have the main signal, and then all of the reflections of the signal arriving way out of phase with eachother. More power means the reflections are also more powerful so this just raises the noise floor. Also, no matter how high you set the Tx power on the AP, your laptop/other devices are still going to be transmitting at the same power level so it's pointless anyway.
Ugh... I think I said wrong sorry hehe.
What I meant is that I have tried with different routers, not more routers at same time or done any technically changes to them or the computer. I did however try the different frequenze channels on the router(s) without the big effect changes.
Quote from ColeusRattus :Dunno. been using WiFi for more than ten years now both in a house and two flats, never ever had the problem described.

Same but I use EE-2 wifi. Never had a problem with wireless since I started using it I can access through my phone the wi-fi from about 30 meters away outside in the street.
genius

thisone made me rofl.
Do somthn
If those original messages/requests weren't so stupid and fake..
This thread is closed

The inevitable picture thread III: Revenge of the funnies
(14533 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG