The online racing simulator
#1 - ScHiZ
Any 'oldskool'(lol) racers still visit these forums
Hi there peeps,
Been a really long time, but I visit once in a while to see how things are progressing with LFS,
I originally stopped racing as the physics were in flux, but I see, they still are hehe.
I'm wondering if there are anymore oldtimers who still race or lurk here in the background, waiting for a significant upgrade to LFS before shelling out for a new rig to play it on like me?
Hello to everyone else too btw
I pop into the forum once in a while. The last time I raced LFS seriously was 2008, and I may never be that serious about a video game ever again.

At this point, if I want to race, I'll do it for real in my preferred 2-wheel format.
Yep, lurking all the way. Don't have the time to race atm because of college, and even if I had LFS just died out. Unless they bring some great update, I don't see myself racing as I used to.
Still here, still waiting for Rallypack.
Still pop in and read around every now and again, usually hoping to see that things have moved on...

Still have fond memories of the LFS kart meet in Northampton.
I exist therefore I am.
I still check in from time to time. I haven't done any racing in a couple of years. The old teams fell apart and since I really only did league racing, there hasn't been much reason to go back. I still have my rig and will probably give things a go once the physics updates come out.
Yeah I still come by regularly, mostly out of habit I guess. Still hoping to see something released here one day, but I do wonder if it's ever going to happen. Thinking back to the RSC days, and the release of S1 etc, there used to be so much excitement in the forums it was a special project in it's earlier years to be sure. I think if you think of around 2006 or so, nobody imagined things would be in this state 6 years later
'Sup?
The typical process for every (serious) racer:

1. Be entertained with LFS for first couple of years
2. Join leagues, win races, be happy about what you achieved
3. When you have time, do some hotlaps, upload it to LFSW and see how awesome you are
4. Be less entertained with LFS for next couple of years
5. Be sad about old content and that you still drive same old thing over and over again without lack of updates which you were used to
6. Stop playing LFS that much
7. Start occupying forum instead of turning on LFS
8. Raise your post count, don't turn LFS at all from now on
9. Moan about how old LFS is and how you don't have time for that because your real life finally advanced somewhere
10. Remember some nostalgie memories every now and then
11. Be still around if something pops up in following 5 years.
12. Never give up on LFS as a whole, because it did find you some friends and gave some really nice memories in past
I don't consider myself old...
wazzup!

BTW it's more than 9 years now, i remember RSC times
Quote from Mysho :The typical process for every (serious) racer:

1. Be entertained with LFS for the first nine years and counting
2. Join leagues, win races, be happy about what you achieved and become hungry for more
3. When you have time, do some hotlaps, upload it to LFSW and see how awesome you are
4. ??????????
5. Be sad about old content and that you still drive same old thing over and over again without lack of updates which you were used to, But unable to stop playing the game because the competition is always awesome
7. Start occupying forum And still play a lot ofLFS
9. Moan about how little time you have for LFS, because your real life finally advanced somewhere
10. Remember some nostalgie memories every now and then
11. Be still around if something pops up in following 5 years.
12. Never give up on LFS, because it did find you some friends and gave some really nice, funny and good memories in past

Edit'd
I'm a strong fan apparantly

Strong fan : http://farm4.staticflickr.com/ ... 651_3f0acc1b01_z.jpg?zz=1
Schiz! My only ever team mate, and in real life no less

I still check in here, I still race, just not online and not always with LFS.
I can never give up on LFS though, nothing has ever gripped me the same way, Ill be here until the end (LFS or mine)
i am still here waiting for an update =]
Holy crap lol, Nitro Man!
I remember you only because on LFSWorld I have a message from you dated 29 des. 2006

I quote it:
"Why ban"
Quote :tell them to remove it its not my fault that patch V i doing problems

What this is all about I have no clue
I still have great fondness for LFS and still hope to return one day
The kart meet was a great spinoff (lol) I can't believe it's been so long
Since I raced with you guys.
Gotta admit, I was a fan of the rally pack idea too, had most fun doing rally x
I'll do an 'arnie' though... I'll be back! :-)

Hi Dave ;-)
I think alot of people have become lurkers, I know I certainly have. I turn on lfs once in a while but rarely find a pick up race combo I want to do. Spend most of my LFS time browsing here, racing section or off topic.
Not sure if I'm considered an old-schooler, but I'm still sort of active - and still patiently waiting for new content.
Yeah im still here.
LFS forum is STILL the first web page I open when I come home from work, force of habit I guess .

Haven't raced in quite a while now though, mainly due to lack of the physics update, but also due to low racer count* (cruise servers not including).

* - last time I went online, so may be different now .

But I have noticed that since Scawen has posted more regularly lately, my interest in LFS has increased again. I know he has explained why he hasn't posted more often in the past, but surely he can see that just by posting 'something', we, the community are assured that he is still working hard in the background. As LFS has been around for 10 years now, it seems reasonable to me that if the developers wish to keep LFS alive and keep the community interested, then they have to remain active (forum wise) themselves. I know what happens when they do though; people start asking difficult questions like 'rally pack' (The Very End ) and when's the physics update due etc.. but the developers can 'filter' those out and just concentrate on the 'relevant' topics. It shouldn't be the reason not to post anything at all though. Then there's the argument that 'we are busy on the physics update, so posting 'no new news' is irrelevant. But it isn't!! Some of us still want some assurance that the waiting is worth it, regardless of what the post contains e.g. 'spent an hour today thinking about traction' etc. (poor example but you get the idea).

So please developers, don't disappear from the forums again, I believe that your presence alone is enough to keep the interest going.

Ok, I've said enough now
First time I played LFS way back in 2003 when we had to win like 500 points to unlock the XRT on demo. Good memories.

I stopped playing this (don't really know why to be honest) for 3 or 4 years.

Made this account in 2008, played demo from time to time until I bought the S2 license last year. Never stopped since then
Still reading the forums, but usually lurking for news about patches and related stuff, I still have hope that the next year will be the S3 year, if not then the other.
Weee, still here. Occasionally pop in to see if there would have been any significant news about new content or physics update, sadly still waiting. In the meantime iRacing and RBR have been the choice of sims. Currently in S2 the tracks feel too numb compared to iRacing lively laser scanned tracks. Those little bumps, humps and camber changes make all the difference.

Some time ago I drew the conclusion that LFS was on life support and no real progress was happening in content or programming side. Maybe it was so and only now there seems to be a bit of hope that S3 may see the light some day in the future. Hopefully within a year or otherwise I guess Assetto Corsa and the likes will trump the market.
still here, but haven't been online in a while... the online experience has its moments... probably leagues are the answer for the real racing in LFS, but for the moment it's mostly an offline game for me since I built a cockpit using a computer with no internet access.

in a little while I will likely finish this rally pack I'm working on, one mega point-to-point layout per track. hopefully someone besides myself does offline point to point rallies

have to say that after all this time, nothing equals LFS for "getting my fix" when it comes to driving a virtual car. iracing keeps spamming my inbox with offers but... I dunno, would rather drive the car than have it drive me.

Any 'oldskool'(lol) racers still visit these forums
(277 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG