The online racing simulator
There's something a little weird going on with the physics at this point on the Zonda video. The way the car changes direction just seems off to me. I hope it's just a replay anomaly, but that kind of stuff never ever happened on NKP.

The Lotus does look a bit rock hard body-roll wise. Still, can't wait to try AC for real and see what's what.
Quote from Matrixi :There's something a little weird going on with the physics at this point on the Zonda video. The way the car changes direction just seems off to me. I hope it's just a replay anomaly, but that kind of stuff never ever happened on NKP.

Does happen on LFS though
yes. when you **** so much with the physics that you change the whole idea so much of the car, of course something freaky is bound to happen.
no physics were harmed in the video... only slicks, power and a little lighter car. feck off mods hater.
E: I don't see a problem with this happening in real life when thinking it through..
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :no physics were harmed in the video... only slicks, power and a little lighter car. feck off mods hater

just pointing out that if something like this happens in assetto corsa, keep in mind that lfs is a lot worse and you still play it

I never said i disliked it.

But this is like saying Lada is a good car. (Comfor i.e)

BUT you had before then replaced everything but the front lights.... It's far out of context and completely nonsense..

And then again, have you tried Assetto Corsa? :P
Still not getting your point.. but let it be. Never intended to say assetto corsa is bad, sorry.. that's why I edited my comment because it looked all wrong.
Dennis, WHAT? WHAT?!?!?! Ladas are awesome!

Oh and my reaction to the latest videos and pics:

Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Does happen on LFS though

Looks more convincing than the clip I quoted if you ask me. A bit silly (although so is the tweak he is running) perhaps, but nothing completely unreasonable. Light weight powerful car with slicks and funny things can happen.

In the Zonda clip, the car looks like it rotated on its center axis when he caught the small slide.
Can it be because of the weight distribution, being a middle engined car? I somehow still can see this happening irl
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Can it be because of the weight distribution, being a middle engined car? I somehow still can see this happening irl

the reaction rate is too high, what he did in the clip was a full on tankslapper and you don't 'just' correct it like that, especially not with MR layout.

Surely it happens in real life, just not like that.

it looks like it goes from normal grip to F1 grip for like a few miliseconds, and then back to normal again.
tyres losing speed and gets to a point when it hits traction? how much does that car weight anyways?
Like 1100+ iirc.
Amazing how PR can produce such fanboys with some videos and pictures. It's hard to say about realism of physics just watching them.

Hopefully this game gets proper netcode and race-minded community.
maybe the car switched from rwd to awd for a little while (lfs fanboi style to explain things when they are proven wrong)
Quote from TypeRacing :Amazing how PR can produce such fanboys with some videos and pictures. It's hard to say about realism of physics just watching them.*

Hopefully this game gets proper netcode and race-minded community.

Ouch, I hope that one wasn't guided towards me.
I just like to stay critic to everything I see, same as LFS.

*QFT
Quote from TypeRacing :It's hard to say about realism of physics just watching them.

Well, some people believe garbage like pCARS is realistic even after driving it, so it's not the be-all and end-all apparently.

I think saying you can't judge a game if it's realistic or not just by watching it is bullcrap. Sure, you won't know how it feels like to drive, but "simple" things like gravity and grip are pretty easy to spot when they are wrong and look unnatural. If those are wrong, then it most likely doesn't feel very realistic to drive either.

Quote from TypeRacing :Hopefully this game gets proper netcode and race-minded community.

Oh don't worry, AC officially supports drifters, so we'll be hanging around.
Quote from Dennis93 :the reaction rate is too high, what he did in the clip was a full on tankslapper and you don't 'just' correct it like that, especially not with MR layout.

Surely it happens in real life, just not like that.

it looks like it goes from normal grip to F1 grip for like a few miliseconds, and then back to normal again.

The real one has TCS, could this explain it ?
This looks okay but I'm not blown away. The modern single seater onboard screams netKar pro, which isn't a terrible thing, but I can see that four wheel understeer slide vague steering lightness and odd over steer ffb feel which I am not a big fan of.
The in car video with the early f1 car is more impressive, but I agree that the replay footage is totally messed up. The car looks like an r/c car, the lack of pitch and roll, which was so obvious in car, just removes and impression of mass and grip, add the far too static driver's head in that prominent position and the whole thing looks like a 1/12 scale model.
I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this though.
And what is more realistic, BF1?
Well, here's a real Zonda R on the limit...looks very very very wrong there as well, i would have probably suffered a seizure many times driving like that...watch until the end...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?f ... &v=YPd0ATqvoJM#t=194s
Quote from Boris Lozac :And what is more realistic, BF1?

Chill.
You might commit yourself emotionally to games, which explains your over defensive attitude sometimes, but not everybody does. So please don't try to discredit a slight criticism with an inane snipe like that one

I'm not comparing with anything here, except nkpro. How it looks to me, is how it looks to me. I don't care if you disagree, you're welcome to, just don't turn it into a war.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :Well, here's a real Zonda R on the limit...looks very very very wrong there as well, i would have probably suffered a seizure many times driving like that...watch until the end...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?f ... &v=YPd0ATqvoJM#t=194s

Not really... Just looks like a strangely low steering ratio for a race car on the Ring...

One thing people might be alluding to: If you think about the dimensions of the car, the driver sits right behind the front axle... As such, maybe the point the car pivots around is in fact very near or even in the cockpit...
Quote from Dennis93 :Ouch, I hope that one wasn't guided towards me.
I just like to stay critic to everything I see, same as LFS.

No, not towards you.

And seems like LFS has made us like this - staying critic everything you see.
Quote from sinbad :Chill.
You might commit yourself emotionally to games, which explains your over defensive attitude sometimes, but not everybody does. So please don't try to discredit a slight criticism with an inane snipe like that one

Nah it's cool, i still haven't played it too so it might be rubish, but judging on the videos i can't see how anyone can find a fault with it, it just looks too good to be true..

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG