The online racing simulator
F1 Race Manager 2012 Browser Game
(261 posts, started )
You get monies. For the last race they are pretty meaningless though as you can not use the money
Quote from Hyperactive :You get monies. For the last race they are pretty meaningless though as you can not use the money

Yeah I was confused as to how we can use the money. Oh well!
Good season, ladies and gentlemen.

Too bad we didn't win the subleague championship. We were there twice before, but not this time. Better luck next season!

(Oh, and w00t, 4th! Although a bit bummed out that I lost 3rd after Austin. )
Mixed my team up a bit for the final race and did well, but not quite well enough to snatch 1st place back. Oh well.. good season all, grats Triple7
Just 14th... worst f1 manager season ever for me. I was just so incredibly unlucky with my choises.

Grats to Triple7Racing for winning the sub league championship!

We also had 20€ prize draw for the top 20 teams in the lfs subleague. I will do the draw later but first I need to know who these people are (or more spefically I need to the winner is in fact lfs forum member)

Here is what I've gathered so far:
Triple7Racing___________three_jump
ZZ9PZA_______________mythdat
Team Turbo____________Turbo Dad
Vapor F1 ______________rich_hobo94
Team Top Gear_________J@tko
Omicron Motorsport ______tristancliffe
220bpm Racing__________HVS5b
Souza Racing___________de Souza
LTF1__________________DevilDare
TwinFlow Motorsports____adamlfs
LF1___________________samjh
Designium Racing_______chunkyracer
Zytec Autosport________tweaker
Team Uni_____________Turbo Mum

Who are these?
Adolusyn Racing
Bentley Motorsports
eds racing
TDF Racing Team
Porca Mandioca

Once I know who these people are on the forum I'll do the draw and one lucky member wins the 20€. Lucky person will be contacted via private message on this forum.

Thanks for everyone who participated and hopefully this f1 manager game added some additional excitement to the f1 season!
I'm Omicron Motorsport! Quite pleased with 10th, because I normally forget about it for several races at a time, or I answer the bets before there are any questions.
As much as I enjoy this game, and this season especially, this site continues to lack any support and still... terrible bonus questions (better than last year), lack of depth, etc. I like how simple it is, sure, but why are we still using this site? There always seems to be a lucky small set of players that breakaway and we cannot adjust our team setup to get the best possible points and catch up. It's so limiting, and does not take into account any worthwhile bets & team comps until much much later in the season.

I placed 5th (Zytek), and was doing pretty well throughout the season. But scoring is so flawed, especially with Total fuel (Even if I used Mobile 1 and McLaren get a 1-2, Total still comes out on top, meh).

I'd rather use a site not being run by a single someone who really does not invest to much time anymore. Easily seen. Sometimes I never even got bonus question emails. Thankfully I am subscribed to this thread.

There are so many other options out there for fantasy F1 games, why this one still? If we can find a free one that requires little time invested to place bets, buy drivers, etc... I think we'd be happier elsewhere. Plus, it might be worth organizing a much larger subleague so that we can be top in the charts. Just a thought. If not, I have no problem continuing to use F1 Race Manager.
Quote from Tweaker :As much as I enjoy this game, and this season especially, this site continues to lack any support and still... terrible bonus questions (better than last year), lack of depth, etc. I like how simple it is, sure, but why are we still using this site? There always seems to be a lucky small set of players that breakaway and we cannot adjust our team setup to get the best possible points and catch up. It's so limiting, and does not take into account any worthwhile bets & team comps until much much later in the season.

I placed 5th (Zytek), and was doing pretty well throughout the season. But scoring is so flawed, especially with Total fuel (Even if I used Mobile 1 and McLaren get a 1-2, Total still comes out on top, meh).

I'd rather use a site not being run by a single someone who really does not invest to much time anymore. Easily seen. Sometimes I never even got bonus question emails. Thankfully I am subscribed to this thread.

There are so many other options out there for fantasy F1 games, why this one still? If we can find a free one that requires little time invested to place bets, buy drivers, etc... I think we'd be happier elsewhere. Plus, it might be worth organizing a much larger subleague so that we can be top in the charts. Just a thought. If not, I have no problem continuing to use F1 Race Manager.

This is the only f1 manager game out there where positions can change after first races. In every other f1 manager game it is all about getting it right early in the season and after that it is almost impossible for others to catch up. It is much worse in other manager games. While I agree there is a lucky small set of players who break away early in the season but in this manager game that effect is smaller than in other similar games.

This has some unique things that spice it up nicely and also prevent those early breakways in some ways. Bonus questions, bets, prices fluctuate according to how the drivers do the track, dynamic transfer fee (if you are on the top it is little bit more costly for you to make changes to your team than a guy who has less points overall) etc. While all those add randomness those same aspects still help the situation somewhat too. And almost all of those things are missing from other f1 manager games.

Lack of depth is debatable imho. More depth often times means more time consuming. I think in a way the lack of depth is a positive. It makes it easy and fast to do this for every race.

Lack of support is a problem though. No emails for bonus questions, no reminders of any kind, lacking bonus questions, the site is constantly kinda late with bets and even once there were no bets to choose... These are all annoying problems but not game breaking imho.

I think the site has very good basics that simply works though. This is imho the best f1 (free) manager game in the internet. At least the best f1 manager game of this type. If you can find better one I have absolutely no objections changing to better one. In fact I challenge everyone to find a better game for next year! I just don't think there is one.

Getting more people is difficult though. As long as it is going to be lfs centered league our only audience is lfs players (and forum readers). To be able to compete for the subleague win we would need probably 5-10x as many people as we have now. To achieve that the only real choise would be for us to create accounts on neogaf or other big forum and sneak into their subleagues .
Designium Racing here. Quite happy with my 3rd place. Much better than last season.
@Hyperactive

The format of this site is good for a close game, while other sites seem to allow purchasing high valued teams early on and you have to wait ~10 rounds till you can start changing anything. I don't like that either.

My point was, we need to find something that is a similar format to F1RaceManager. I have not tried too many other sites lately, besides the one at GPUpdate which is terrible and costs a small $. If we can find one where we need to start with smaller teams that would be awesome. The way the game starts is most important. Ease of use, and how quickly you can place bets, etc. That is of course important, agreed. By lack of depth I meant that F1RaceManager has so little and so much to improve upon. We have a basic Driver 1, Driver 2, Engine, Chassis, and Fuel selection. They could grow on this without making the experience cumbersome/time-consuming.

While they have improved small issues over the years I really see the lack of:

-A smarter scoring system
-Qualifying time predictions (idea from F1 Fanatic)
-Fantasy R&D (idea)
-Better webhosting
-Better support from the people who actually run it (in this case, it's just one guy with a busy job)
-Quicker automatic database updates (he does them manually)
-Better statistics
-Better bets,
-Bigger prize incentive (but not important)
-A better website in general

All of the above make the viewing more enjoyable and the game itself less frustrating.

I wish I had a chance to test some other sites before the season was over (or before it started).

I've heard https://igpmanager.com/ getting a lot of praise? Has anyone ever tried it? I know some people that have, maybe I'll ask them. EDIT: Looks like a virtual BatRacer. I don't think this relates to the actual F1 season....
Quote from Tweaker :
I've heard https://igpmanager.com/ getting a lot of praise? Has anyone ever tried it? I know some people that have, maybe I'll ask them. EDIT: Looks like a virtual BatRacer. I don't think this relates to the actual F1 season....

No relation to real F1. Can be addicting, but the depth hasn't been brought out yet, so it can get boring after a couple months (or even weeks for some).
Woohoo I finally won something!

And a close finish it was.
Team Uni is my better half , Turbo Mum.

Like the quick and easy format of this game .

Well done triple7 , hard season .

Surprised I managed to claw back 6th
I will wait couple more days before doing the draw. Every one of those teams that remains unnamed will not be part of the draw simply because I have no idea who those might be.

The payment is probably easiest done with paypal I think?
Yup, Paypal seems about right.

Tough season for me, trying to get a top driver early on didn't work and I spent half the season below 20th.

Managed to climb a bit but still it was quite poor. Very surprised to see Hyperactive down there with me. :P Grats to the winner!

Ps: they really need to find a way for smaller subleagues to compete equally with the bigger ones. We will never have new caps otherwise.
Quote from de Souza :Managed to climb a bit but still it was quite poor. Very surprised to see Hyperactive down there with me. :P Grats to the winner!

Maldonado, schumacher, hamilton, grosjean... I made all the wrong choises at the worst possible moments

Quote from de Souza :Ps: they really need to find a way for smaller subleagues to compete equally with the bigger ones. We will never have new caps otherwise.

I asked them about this before the season and I was told that they are planning to make some changes. But I'd guess they forgot or something. We did not even make it into the top50 this season.
Quote from Hyperactive :Maldonado, schumacher, hamilton, grosjean... I made all the wrong choises at the worst possible moments

I asked them about this before the season and I was told that they are planning to make some changes. But I'd guess they forgot or something. We did not even make it into the top50 this season.

I still can't believe lucking maldonado and williams for spain
I'll do the draw couple of hours from now. Please check this post for more info:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1760278#post1760278

After the draw I'll post the result on the forum and winner will be contacted by private message. I'd prefer to use paypal for the prize.

EDIT: winner will be announced at 15:00GMT. You have until 14:00GMT to make sure you are on the list.
One person out of these people will win 20€:

Triple7Racing___________three_jump
ZZ9PZA_______________mythdat
Team Turbo____________Turbo Dad
Vapor F1 ______________rich_hobo94
Team Top Gear_________J@tko
Omicron Motorsport ______tristancliffe
220bpm Racing__________HVS5b
Souza Racing___________de Souza
LTF1__________________DevilDare
TwinFlow Motorsports____adamlfs
LF1___________________samjh
Designium Racing_______chunkyracer
Zytec Autosport________tweaker
Team Uni_____________Turbo Mum

Who will win it? You will find out at 15:00GMT!
And we have results!

Mr tristancliffe, you will soon receive PM from me!
Congrats Tristan
Cool stuff, grats Tristan.

See you guys next season! Are we there yet?
Wow, this is the icing on the cake! I do enjoy trying to beat you all (and failing), and checking out whether I've gained or lost positions after the races.

Will try again in 2013 to see if I can get nearer the top...

103 days to go before 2013 season starts!
So it looks like the site is dead for the 2013 season.... Any plans for something new this year?

Quote :We've been organising this completely free Formula 1 management game since 2007. We had lots of pleasure doing so. But... it's time for a break.
We just cannot find the time right now, so we're taking a year off.

We hope to see you all next year!

F1RaceManager.com - Crew

I don't really know. Any ideas what site we could use?

F1 Race Manager 2012 Browser Game
(261 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG