The online racing simulator
cruising is worse than drifting
Quote from March Hare :So is this whole thread. Started just after someone else has gotten two perfectly helpful and friendly replies to a question about drifting. There never was any hate in that thread. The only real hate is in the mind of the OP. That's all.

If I get a reputation for speaking the truth even if it's painful, so be it.

Besides if you would use the forum search you would find countless similar threads where a sole drifter comes crying about how everybody hates him. All those threads have a few things in common. One person whines. Several other people tell him he is wrong. OP still whines. Some other dim drifters come and join the whining. Several racers and drifters, who have been around a little longer, tell the OP to get on with drifting if he likes and not care what other people think. Still whining from the new drifters. Persons who have been around for longer get fed up. Insults fly. Thread gets closed.

Yes, you are talking some sense. Seriously though, near enough every time you have made a post, it is consistently insulting the guy, cant you just at least make one insult and not carry on?
Quote from Sueycide_FD :For one. You drift in lfs to have fun imo. If you partake in a comp to win, your not having fun.

2. Racing is fun and is meant more for a competitive activity. Sure you can have a fun race, but for the most part, your in it to win it.

Just my dollar and 5 cents

you're* you're*
Quote from xtraction :Yes, you are talking some sense. Seriously though, near enough every time you have made a post, it is consistently insulting the guy, cant you just at least make one insult and not carry on?

Ok. Fair enough. I've just been nice to a drifter in another thread. Friends?
Although I prefer racing. drifiting is cool, fun and the satisfaction you get by delicately balancing and dancing the car at the limit of grip and balance. But what I hate is people drifting in a race server and crashing into people. Other than that, it is cool.
Drifting is to have fun and kill some time if you are bored, i have nothing againts drifting and drifters( if they drift on the drift server), but racing is racing it has always been and will be better and more exciting than drift
Quote from LukaPsB :but racing is racing it has always been and will be better and more exciting than drift

Care to elaborate?
Quote from Bose321 :Care to elaborate?

Sorry i just realised what i wrote, i didnt mean to insult anyone by this sentence ("will be better and more exciting than drift") but thats just my personal oppinion, i dont have nothing against drifting, but for me it will never be more fun than racing, but thats just me, for someone else drift is better and more fun than racing,

Never write posts while watching F1
Why do drifters open threads like this?

Because they are bored of drifting
Or they really don't like drifting and want an excuse to stop doing it.
i think this thread should just be closed now, all forms of opinions are given.
I don't hate drifting; it's quite fun, even Saudi drift is fun once in a while. I'm only frustrated because the players that are racing on drift servers are ones that could (and should, if you ask me) be racing on REAL racing servers! Hahaha LFS is a racing sim, not a drifting sim! :P
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Why do drifters open threads like this

Dude I'm not a "drifter" at all. Sure it's fun to slide once in a while, but I'm not going to drift competitvely.

I myself think competitive drifting is stupid because there is no absolute judgement on who wins. In a normal race you can plainly take a picture of whoever crosses the finish line first, but in drift competitions it's the judger's opinion that decides the win.

I do agree with maggot on how drifters can be asinine with their stupid s13 headlight skins and stupid stuff like that. It's totally asinine, just as asinine as ricer lifestyle if not more.

I didn't ask why people hate drifters; I asked why so many of you hate drifting itself. The question was only to the people who hate drifting, not everyone in the community.

That's all I have to say really, don't hate me for it because I don't like hate! ^-^
Quote from FlyingBus :I do agree with maggot on how drifters can be asinine with their stupid s13 headlight skins and stupid stuff like that. It's totally asinine, just as asinine as ricer lifestyle if not more.

Maybe they just like how they look...? I've seen plenty of "racing" skins with pasted on headlights, so it's not like that's something purely drifting scene related. It's merely something to try to make the same old LFS car models look a bit different from one another. On that note, do you consider bodykit layers to be drifter/ricer lifestyle orientated too?

You say you don't like "hating", but what you're actually doing there, is picking and choosing.
Quote from Matrixi :Maybe they just like how they look...? I've seen plenty of "racing" skins with pasted on headlights, so it's not like that's something purely drifting scene related. It's merely something to try to make the same old LFS car models look a bit different from one another. On that note, do you consider bodykit layers to be drifter/ricer lifestyle orientated too?

You say you don't like "hating", but what you're actually doing there, is picking and choosing.

it would be hating if i went on one of their posts an made fun of them for it, or was disrespectful because of it. It was just my opinion that it is stupid. i almost never use a skin because i like the car to look clean, that's all.

I don't mind bodykits, as long as they arent a different color than the car and/or poorly fitted. big wings dont bother me if they came with the car. i love the STi spoiler on the STi , but if you got a race car wing and put it on a honda civic I would laugh simply because the civic is made for economy and not performance.

Another thing I hate is rims that are 3 inches more than they were stock. when over 3 inches more than stock it makes the car look awkward to me.

It's all just my opinion, I don't want to spread any hate.

sorry for poor punctuation/capitalization, i'm in a rush.
You are entitled to your opinion like everyone here is, I just sensed a bit of hypocrisy going on there.

And I agree on your views of such tasteless car modifications, I don't quite see how that's relevant to LFS car skins however, as such things can't be done with them. Pasting some 2D lights however, can be done. Even though I'm not a fan of those myself, I can understand why some people do like to use them.
Quote from Matrixi :Even though I'm not a fan of those myself, I can understand why some people do like to use them.

i can understand too, but its just my opinion that if it wasnt already there then it shouldn't be there. idk why, just the way i was raised i guess.

here's a prime example of what i hate on a car:
Why do you hate that?

Do you hate racing cars with added aerodynamical devices? There is a huge rear wing on the FIA GT1 BMW Z4 that is not there on the original car. WTCC and BTCC have FWD cars with rear wings. Do you hate those cars?

I think the car in question looks stupid. But I don't hate it.

Quote from FlyingBus :I don't want to spread any hate.

Quote from FlyingBus :what i hate on a car

Yeah, right.
Racing wings are functional, I wonder what is the function of that thing while going sideways. It even has end plates, pointless drag?
Quote from March Hare :Why do you hate that?

Do you hate racing cars with added aerodynamical devices? There is a huge rear wing on the FIA GT1 BMW Z4 that is not there on the original car. WTCC and BTCC have FWD cars with rear wings. Do you hate those cars?

I think the car in question looks stupid. But I don't hate it.

Yeah, right.

What I meant is I hate it when people put racing wings on their car when it isn't even a race car. I don't really like the look of the wing on the gt1 z4 but I don't hate it because its a race car and the wing has a function.

What I meant by "I don't want to spread hate" is I don't want to start any fights. The whole reason I started this topic is so everyone could set aside their differences and get along, needless to say I failed.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Racing wings are functional, I wonder what is the function of that thing while going sideways. It even has end plates, pointless drag?

because drift cars are stupid in my opinion. no need for a spoiler.
So it's function over form for you.

You must really like all the modern cars that look exactly the same because all of them have been designed in a wind tunnel.

Well what ever.

You like to hang you arse out sometimes. Good for you. I must admit it's fun, sometimes. You can use more entry speed if you drift into a corner. If the guy following isn't that good it'll throw off his braking and he'll go wide. Done that a few times. But it's murder on the tyres if you are in a longer race. So basically it's not very functional.
@Flyingbus - you posted a mediterranean style tuned (huge bumpers, lexus lights, all interior in leather trimmed, big wings etc.) Honda Prelude which has nothing to drift at all... It's fwd car if u dont know.

Quote from NotAnIllusion :Racing wings are functional, I wonder what is the function of that thing while going sideways. It even has end plates, pointless drag?

Probably the same as in race car - to improve adhesion and traction at rear wheels

Quote from FlyingBus :because drift cars are stupid in my opinion. no need for a spoiler.

see above

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG