The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Scrabby :So that stereo was in the AE86? Wtf is wrong with you?

Idiot, never said it was a AE86.
It could've been a KE71 or a E101.

It's a AE92 Liftback. (4A-FE Max output 114bhp)
Quote from Klutch :so you ruined what is supposed to be a light and nimble car so everyone around you can get pissed off by listening to your boot rattle.

awesome.

I'll say it once again, you couldn't hear a single rattling sound in and/or out of the car after dynamat was put in.

Quote from Tinytacohead :What is it? (and ruining cars is obviously the main goal behind most of the minds pushing this thread )

Read 1 ; Toyota Corolla AE92 Liftback

Quote from Töki (HUN) :Wait what? He has a newer Corolla (AE93). Or... I missed something.

Close enough, AE92..
its still in the blood of the darks
So am I, so shut up

Sorry, in a shit mood today
Personally, I get erect when my ears begin to bleed from a huge bass box in my car when I'm taking a peaceful drive at 4am.
I also have an amp and subwoofer but pretty basic. I want some better quality of music but not ear blowing stuff...
I also dont believe that system cost 10K

i had the newest pioneer head unit in my M3,a 600w JL amp,2x100 W polkaudio speakers at footwell,and 2x12" MTX in a box which was more than enough audio power and it cost little over 800$ installed. Now what do u have in that car that it costs 10K ? im curious. Cos imho for 10K an audio system shouldnt look like that.
Sounds like someone got ripped off, lol.
Quote from e2mustang :...Now what do u have in that car that it costs 10K ? im curious. Cos imho for 10K an audio system shouldnt look like that.

Quote from Bose321 :Sounds like someone got ripped off, lol.

What these guys said..
amps to power that are very expensive, especially ones that are slim/efficient.

battery

big 3 (and other 0 gauge needed)

digital wiring cant be cheap

sound deadening/dynomat etc

it adds up, but 10k might be a slight exxageration
the cost of the speakers isn't even half of it.
IIRC Dennis also hired someone to tune the placement so the sound waves don't cancel or something like that.
And yet it still looks like the back of a junkheap, 4-sub, home made setup..
Quote from Tinytacohead :And yet it still looks like the back of a junkheap, 4-sub, home made setup..

Yet you don't seem to get it in your tiny fat taco face that it was not the final build.
So let's see this masterpiece.. and the rest of what it's going to rattle to death. (no matter how much you waste on sound deadening)
my last rx7 had a stripped interior...no aircon, no stereo

i loved it. ****ing hate driving with music on
I would've just turned the radio off but..
3k spent on sound deadening? For that price you could sound deaden a bus! Did you go for full coverage or just partial? And multiple layers or just the one?

Also is that 2 seperate boxes? And are they ported? If so tuned at what?

10,000 seems like quite a lot for what i can see.

Also on an unrelated note have a question or two about tyres/handling. My car came with standard alloys with 175/70/13 tyres. Handled pretty well for what they were. Bought new wheels with 2 bassicly brand new tyres, and one slightly worn tyre, 4th tyre was completely gashed so i've got one standard 13" wheel on the rear right until i get a new tyre. New tyres are 195/45/16. I assumed bigger wheels/tyres = more grip. But i've noticed when cornering sharply at some speed that the back end seems to feel like its sliding a little, the front is happily planted to the road and doesnt understeer, its just the back. Is this because of the different sized wheel or could it be something else?

Also might be a bit of a twat of a question but where i live the roads aren't that smooth and are quite bumpy, is there any chance while cornering that the car might hop over a bump and then as it comes back down the tyre will be pushed inwards and off the rim? As they are sort of low profile tyres so not sure what they're like when it comes to going over a bump sideways.
Bought me a hobby, cause having a perfect record mazda 6 is boring and doesn't really bring any bonding with the car... So I went out and bout an E34. Pretty much no rust and it has a sunroof. And if you know your e34's - you know that a sunroof sedan is pretty much a guarantee of sideskirt rust.

Anyways, tons to do with it just to get it properly working before I can even get to modifying, but for later - plans are "slotting in a v8 4.0 and a 6 spd manual", respray, leather interior, 17 inch wheels, full respray, etc etc etc
Attached images
2012-11-12-461.jpg
Just curious.. have you done anything with the 6? I've never had a problem bonding with my perfect record cars.
Quote from Tinytacohead :Just curious.. have you done anything with the 6? I've never had a problem bonding with my perfect record cars.

It's a late '07, 1st gen restyle, 2.0 6spd, bought new. Since then : changing oil, coolant, a few sets of brake pads, set of brake rotors, filters, lightbulbs, tires. Done about 50k kilometers in it, tight as a drum.

No problems whatsoever. There was an issue with the front cv shafts at full lock under load (starting movement for example) in temperatures of -25c or colder. There would be a knocking noise, but that seems a common problem for all post restyle 6's. Changed the lubricating compound for a more cold resistant one - problem does not occur anymore. Front lip is knackered by now, small scratches on paint, and rear bumper has seen better days (2 cracks).

That car is an appliance to me, The BMW, on the other hand, while being mine for 2 months only and draining my bank account like crazy, is a very special 1.5 tons of metal, plastic and wires.
So the answer to the question was no. Personally I've never owned anything with wheels that I'd consider just an appliance, but I can't seem leave anything alone either. If it has wheels, it becomes my hobby!
Quote from Tinytacohead :So the answer to the question was no.

Yeah... bringing the 5 back to life already cost me more than I spent on the 6 in total...
I'm not really into 4d's but good luck with the project!
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG