The online racing simulator
You or Ego?
(27 posts, started )
You or Ego?
Video blocked (This video contains content from Lionsgate UK who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds).
Quote from sinanju :Video blocked (This video contains content from Lionsgate UK who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds).

for me too.
just find a different link Fram
Works for me, but since I am on a mobile connection I probally have to wait an half hour before I can watch it or so
I'll give my thoughts when I have seen it complete.
Hmmm, I'm not quite sure how to grab whats said in the video, since I have troubeling immagine higher powers / meanings / entity's.
Interesting to watch, but I'm not sure what I think of it after watching it.
Well Fram, if your idea was to play mind games with some of us before the GT1ws, im not sure if thats quite whats happening, but as confusing as that video was, it made 100% sense.

For instance, if im on the right tracks say, Your walking down the street in the pitch black, and nothing is there. You walk past a long driveway or an alleyway, and you think you see something, so you stop and listen. You imagine something is there so you either go and search for it, or you become afraid and you start to walk faster and faster. In reality there is nothing there at all, its just an empty Alleyway, you want to beleive that but you cant. There is a voice in your head telling you that your being followed or watched, and you cant help that.

Is that right Fram, or am i lost?
#11 - CSF
Urm.
Lol, I just saw this topic. And be sure this is not brain wash for gt1ws race or something. What I mean, we talked earlier in our ts about that ego driving etc. Will watch this video l8. I don't know for you Sean, but I completely lost into ur post.
Quote from krkriv :Lol, I just saw this topic. And be sure this is not brain wash for gt1ws race or something. What I mean, we talked earlier in our ts about that ego driving etc. Will watch this video l8. I don't know for you Sean, but I completely lost into ur post.

Well to sum up my post, what it means is, dark empty place, nothing there, but you think there is, so you become afraid or something, your mind telling you this but its not true.
Uhh.. Philosophy on lfsforum? That's interesting.
Quote from xtraction :Well to sum up my post, what it means is, dark empty place, nothing there, but you think there is, so you become afraid or something, your mind telling you this but its not true.

Ego is not a automatically a dark empty place, It is very difficult to avoid it as one of human’s characteristic is self awareness, and that’s where it all starts…Ego is also narcissism, self love.

A little bit of narcissism results in social success and overall happiness and is therefore a good characteristic.

A lot of narcissism results in more social success and gets a person to climb the career ladder. It often results in success but also gets the person to be extremely sensitive to critics and sarcasm and can therefore never be truly happy.

Excessive narcissism is usually a cover up of a deeply insecure person. A truly narcissistic person or egoistic person can never be happy nor can he/she make his/her partner happy and will always expect perfection from his/her children.

Self love reflects on your choice of partner, on your choice of career and your conversational topics.

A certain amount of ego is good for your development, too much will work against you!
Quote from xtraction :Well to sum up my post, what it means is, dark empty place, nothing there, but you think there is, so you become afraid or something, your mind telling you this but its not true.

I thnk that this is more our imagination working then our ego, atleast i see it that way, our "ego" occurs i some diferent situations, but when you think that there is something in that dark empty space, and there is nothing there well thats just our imagination.

On the other hand, our ego can be seen in racing in situations like, overtaking, if you know that you are inexperienced, and you still going to overtake the guy infront of you, knowing that there is a big chance you wont make it and you still do it risking to take out your opponent and yourself, well i think in that situations our ego starts to work, telling us that we can, where our common sense is telling us to back away, if you understand what im trying to say.
Quote from LukaPsB :On the other hand, our ego can be seen in racing in situations like, overtaking, if you know that you are inexperienced, and you still going to overtake the guy infront of you, knowing that there is a big chance you wont make it and you still do it risking to take out your opponent and yourself, well i think in that situations our ego starts to work, telling us that we can, where our common sense is telling us to back away, if you understand what im trying to say.

Yeah, this is exactly what I was trying to point out to many people after yesterdays GT1WS race, but in all madness I didn't find the right words. I had a beautiful piece of racing with Tommy and then same kind of racing with Vale and Karl, but it was anything but beautiful. My car was even in same places in same situations, but these two less experienced drivers behaved very differently from Tommy. Can this be consequence of their ego working, I don't know, because we normally tend to subscribe faster people to be more egoistic than than other ones and this might not be necessarily true on track. Am I egoistic for pointing out problems and trying to work them out, I don't even want to know, it's just a general thread, let's keep it to that.
Yes NIKI, you right, My Ego is really big big big biggest of LFS ever
We all deal with our ego, that’s in our nature, the art is to keep things in balance and use it positively when needed….but I also believe it is a constant struggle, let it go one way or the other and things become negative…for example, in racing, ego is a good motivator for the winning spirit, but we must not become (full time) egocentrics and/or bad losers…
Quote from framaris :we all deal with our ego, that’s in our nature, the art is to keep things in balance and use it positively when needed….but i also believe it is a constant struggle, let it go one way or the other and things become negative…for example, in racing, ego is a good motivator for the winning spirit, but we must not become (full time) egocentrics and/or bad losers…

+1
Sounds very reasonable Fram
Quote from briquedejus :Yes NIKI, you right, My Ego is really big big big biggest of LFS ever

No single persons ego is bigger than IMOL's! he has perfected it even.
#24 - IDUI
Revolver is a good movie. Wasn't expecting that when I first saw it. Seems the most important aspect of the ego that the film tries to highlight is the voice in our heads that constantly tells us what to do every moment. Same voice that is reading this post.
When I see the word ego I kinda expect you to be talking about me, but as you aren't talking about me I lost interest.

The video seems an extension of Freudian concepts of psychology, which are all wrong. He was a landmark, but in a modern context he brings nothing to the table.

You or Ego?
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG