The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
I accidentally some Azev A's as a project for an upcoming car. Not sure yet but I'll be checking the wheels out next weekend and going to get myself a vehicle next week.

They're a bit too narrow though, 7,5Jx16 ET30-ish but couldn't find any wider wheels and I just wanted some cheap wheels to restore. Other choice could've been 15's but they look so tiny on the big bumper model.

(not my car in the image, but I think you guys realised that already)

Also Lada has advanced, it is almost finished. I need to get some oil today and put all the pieces back together, new valves are now put in etc. Hopefully this time it will work.

Found the cause for the engine failure also. The timing went really off. The "tightener" thingy had been loosed, which leads to the suspicion that the car was sabotaged, as the tightener was loose after the engine failed, and before that I had checked the timing chain and it was tight and the tightener or whatever it is, I made sure it was put in properly. There can't be really any other conclusion.

Oh well, serves me right for doing my projects at school.
And the moral of the story is? Never trust an 'amis.'
Quote from danthebangerboy :28, it was 2 weeks ago, although i am told that my very lightweight frame (6 feet tall and only 130 pounds) could have something to do with how much my body can take limit wise, even the policeman said that for example, a big guy who's been drinking with a meal may well be just under the limit after 2 pints, whereas a small or skinny guy whos ate a few hours ago and had only 1 pint may be just over, there really is no set level of physical drink to go by.

16 months driving ban? Is that the usual penalty?
Yeah dan, you should feel happy that it wasn't more.

You can get a 5 year ban + rehab and other courses, before you can sit in a car again.

So you went mildly, but seriously though... DUI is so stupid, you don't only put yourself in danger, also other people, your car.

So probably since you had '4 cans' of lager and still thought it was a good idea, maybe that tells us more about your actual IQ
I was allowed to drive the very next day.
'muuurica.
Quote from CheerioDM :16 months driving ban? Is that the usual penalty?

The UK is very harsh on drink-driving (and sorry Dan - rightly so)
Quote from Jakg :The UK is NOT very harsh on drink-driving (and sorry Dan - rightly so)

ftfy.
Quote from Dennis93 :maybe that tells us more about your actual IQ

>calls others dumb
>has one of the worst memes in history

i hope you're kidding
Quote from nikopdr :>calls others dumb
>has one of the worst memes in history

i hope you're kidding

Please tell me more about drinking and driving being RELATIVE to what you just posted?

And fix your irony sensor i think it's broken. If you don't agree drinking and driving is dumb please apply this hat : http://www.firstdefense.com/html/3D50.jpg and pull the trigger.
Gotta love those trucks. Huge rocks stuck in the tread and even bigger ones between the tires results in this expensive BS.
I had just gotten my car back together and within the first 5 minutes on the test run I get a busted windshield. That was the original windshield that has been in since 1988.
Damn, that blows man. Luckily in my area, cracked windshields are automatically covered under insurance, no matter the plan type. (& don't affect rates) Has to do with all the coal/quarry trucks littering the state's back roads. Whether a windshield costs or not, it's still a bummer though.

On a completely unrelated note.. I've previously mentioned, (a couple times), that I was thinking of selling my beloved beast & had what looked like a serious buyer on the hook. Well, I've got the check in hand but now am not sure if I can let'r go!! (he's a friend/doesn't want me to get rid of it if I'm not certain) Part of the reason I'm reluctant all of a sudden is I'd not payed attention to the $$$ I'd managed to stash away since taking ownership, (been doing the shoe-box thing ), while also dealing with a loan. (that'll be up come spring) Or in other words, I can better afford owning it than previously thought. Of course doing so has halted my spending money in various other areas too, like the desired update/replacement of my 11yo Trinitron/tube-TV etc. :o Baa, decisions suck!!

EDIT - if only selling meant I had the $$$ to possibly snag this as a project....
Well, bought this

get rid of the Perzettä wheels ASAP
ive painted my brakes yellow because racecar. #phonepicsux#
Attached images
IMG409.jpg
Mein Gulf today

no modifications due, granted I've looked at coilovers, wheels, remaps, etc. This is going to be saved for my project car!
Quote from doyal :Mein Gulf today

no modifications due, granted I've looked at coilovers, wheels, remaps, etc. This is going to be saved for my project car!

I like that red.
I figured after playing lfs for so long, I'd show my real side.
This is my third Volvo, A 1998 C70. Quite a list of modifications.
Edit: I'm pretty sure I added public facebook links, but if not I can change that.

Latest Picture
neat volvo
Need some help with electric windows. Going to be converting my manual windows to electric windows. I've worked out the electrical side of it and should be pretty easy, time consuming but easy. The part im stuck on is the mechanical components, im more of an electrician over a mechanic, so i have no clue what parts make up the electric window, obviously i know theres a motor, and then runners? Im assuming the runners differ between electric and manual windows? Is there anything else that i would need to get?
Little shoot we did on sunday.

Looks good Ginny.

tad bigger exhaust tip and we have a boner.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG