The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
There're very few cars out there where I'd go for anything but a 2d variant.. unless I had a wife & kids that'd be riding along often/carpooled people regularly etc. Wagon only if I needed the ability to haul lots of stuff on a regular basis, or maybe still had a big dog that thought it had to go everywhere. (for a zillion reasons I won't go into) I have to say, BMW's put out some of the classiest wagon's though & I'd likely look for a used one if that's what fit my needs!

Quote from logitekg25 :..doesn't get too much better than that, especially for nearly oem looking.

Sure it does, two less doors. (though that looks good too)

And speaking of car swaps.. sadly, it looks as though I've ran into a serious party on the FD. As previously mentioned, if that happens the plan is to supercharge the Miata to the tune of around +100hp & it'd free up funds for other fun stuff. (both automotively speaking & not) Which isn't at all bad or boring. (the MX-3 could see some due attention and/or possibly be replaced by a 1st gen Impreza, winter/back-roads explorer) It'll still be a little rough parting ways though!!
I need 4 seats, but I don't neccessarily need 4 doors. Bit annoyed with my car having no boot space so (stupidly large sub not helping matters!) a "wagon" is actually sort of attractive.
Hmm, never thought of getting a bigger car so I'd have a trunk and space for an over-sized sound system. The bandpassed 12's were kinda fun for scaring back-seat drivers though!
(came with the car & were eventually replaced by a more efficient setup) Was about to insert a bad pun regarding woofers.. oh wait, lol.
Its a lot easyer to get out of a sedan than a coupe,and the coupe has more problems also.I have a 4dr sedan,and worked on a lot of coupes,and it is different space wise,specially for the passengers.And if u get onw wirh haman/kardon sound system,its sound pretty good. i think the coupe has a bigger sub tho
had an issue with mine over the last week, the alternator had died

i decided to remove the rear clam for easier access

because of where the alternator is i had to remove the supercharger and the manifold, upon removing the manifold i was greeted with this

basically the cam breather filled with oil. still investigating why but normally its because there is too much oil yet dipstick said it was ok

new belt protector

and all back together

Ahh, the joys of working on mid-engined cars!
My lower radiator hose slid partly off and got cut by the power steering pump pulley so I was replacing it. I got it off and I decided to see why my balance shaft belt has been whining. I got there and my timing belt was soaked in oil, so I took everything else off.
The balance shaft o-ring was so hard that it shattered when I was replacing it so I am replacing all the o-rings and seals on the front of the engine.

Glad I caught it when I did because it was about to get a billion times worse. It did not take long for everything to get caked with sludge.
Well since fitting everything back together i have developed a rattle, its a right annoying one aswell! At 2.5k it buzzes like mad!

I knew it was something in the car so ripped the pax seat out, harness bar, parcel shelf out, cig lighter, sound deadening and went for a drive.

Bonus! No more rattle! So one by one i put things back in and each time the rattle didnt return. Until... I put the pax seat back in.. So its something to do with that.. Annoying! Lol
Rubbin' in racin' huh?

All the loose parts need to be replaced lol..
Need new spark plugs

And I have no money

FML

Quote from R3DMAN :..Bonus! No more rattle! So one by one i put things back in and each time the rattle didnt return. Until... I put the pax seat back in.. So its something to do with that.. Annoying! Lol

Oh man, I feel your pain.. got one of those which I thiiink has to do with door lock linkage, aggravated by the 4cyl shimmy. Luckily, as just said, it's mostly when idling/moving slowly, though not always. And we ALL know how fun door panels.. AREN'T!! :gnasher: (especially paper thin ones that're 16yo & fit like a drum) Eventually I plan to swap in 2nd gen Miata panels as they look nicer. As a bonus, they also require a completely different linkage setup, lol. Till that time I wedge somethin between the panel & seat bolster and/or lean on the arm rest too hard! Good luck in your hunt man!!!

EDIT - Oh yea, and I think I've picked up another minor one up front somewhere
my ride

Ken block fanboy faggot
Quote from Tinytacohead :And we ALL know how fun door panels.. AREN'T!! :gnasher:

I had to swap a door lock solenoid in my car the other the day (wouldn't remote unlock), absolute **** to get to... this is how my arm looked by the end of it.

After all that work, it locked / unlocked fine. But the door didn't open... And of course the door card is held in with several screws and clips, some of which aren't accessible with the door closed.

Cue prying the door card off and contorting my arm and covering it in bruises trying to get it open...

I *think* i've fixed it now but I was so close to getting the petrol and matches! Especially when I had to drive round climbing in from the passenger side...
Quote from aroX123 :my ride..

uhh.... :dunce:
Quote from Jakg :..I *think* i've fixed it now but I was so close to getting the petrol and matches! Especially when I had to drive round climbing in from the passenger side...

Eeeek! I've run into similar sounding situations. Luckily, my swap shouldn't be tooo bad.. still keep putting it off though. Would like to recoup a little by selling the current panels, but I bet one more removal will finish at least one of them off.
Picked up some new wheels for my E36. Not as nice as the RC041s Dan has, but got a cracking deal on these. Needed new tyres all round anyway on my old set and these came with virtually new Dunlops for the princely sum of £170. Still need the M3 lip and front mesh.

Quote from Minimaxman :Picked up some new wheels for my E36. Not as nice as the RC041s Dan has, but got a cracking deal on these. Needed new tyres all round anyway on my old set and these came with virtually new Dunlops for the princely sum of £170. Still need the M3 lip and front mesh.

Looks sweet on those, black kidney grills looks ideal as well, that was the first job i planned to do on mine when i got it, until i found that it already had them in black, any darker coloured '36 looks so much better with them like that i think.

Now my impending driving ban has come into force (16 month disqualification lowered to 12 if i do some kind of driver awareness course and a £265 fine) im gunna have to bite the bullet and wave bye bye to my 328, a shame, but realistically speaking ill never be able to insure it once i regain my license, plus parking it up for a year isnt going to do it any good, so yeah, ill get it MOT'd (only has 6 weeks left on it) then sell her, needs must
Stooreetoo dorifto?

Just found some money and some one is sending me free spark plugs and coil packs!

So I've ordered:
New (imitation) M3 front bumper
Front Left and Right fender
Grill holder
blinker set
and the upper metal piece that holds the radiator etc...
And got a dentless bonnet of my mate for free also

Gonna pickup the new parts on saturday so then I can start put everything back together
i guess u wrecked it?
btw whats with the doorlocks? my right rear just gave up the operation
Nah, not really. I just happened to meet someone upclose on track

Well on my daily, the front driver door doesn't open with the remote... Always have to do it manually and can't be buggered to replace the electric thingy
Quote from Töki (HUN) :What did you do?

3 cans of lager over about 4 or so hours, and then drove about 2 hours after id drank the last alcoholic drink, pulled, over the limit, busted, i honestly thought id be fine, felt totally ok, but nope, banned.
Quote from danthebangerboy :3 cans of lager over about 4 or so hours, and then drove about 2 hours after id drank the last alcoholic drink, pulled, over the limit, busted, i honestly thought id be fine, felt totally ok, but nope, banned.

How old were you when this happened?
28, it was 2 weeks ago, although i am told that my very lightweight frame (6 feet tall and only 130 pounds) could have something to do with how much my body can take limit wise, even the policeman said that for example, a big guy who's been drinking with a meal may well be just under the limit after 2 pints, whereas a small or skinny guy whos ate a few hours ago and had only 1 pint may be just over, there really is no set level of physical drink to go by.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG