The online racing simulator
Euro Truck Simulator 2
(580 posts, started )
That's why I said expand, you can expand it.
Oh I missed that little button.

Just loaned some 500k (scary big numbers) and hired some dude from the UK and bought him a Daf. Let's see how he does...
The way I did it was that I drove for other companies until I could get 500k from the bank. Then I just bought 3 Renault trucks (around 100k each) and upgraded my garage to house 3 trucks and drivers. Both of them now make around 1k per day and are leveling up nicely. My own dude makes around 20k per day so just a few more jobs and I can expand the empire with a new garage

Also, here are some screenshots of a very messy situation somewhere in Germany:

#1. Had been stuck like that for a good 3-4 minutes.
#2. The view out of my window. A truck was stuck at a junction and they're just not assertive enough in this sim to claim their space in traffic :<
#3. The view of the situation after I had... convinced one of the cars to (how shall I put this...) move aside in order to let me go about my business.
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
i already got 2 drivers hired...they improve over time, at the beginning they earned around 100-500€ now they earn around 500-2500.
but often they return without freight...which means u pay the fuel and checks...for nothing.
This game is very addicting.. level 73 atm, bit over 1M EUR, 4 large garages with 20 total trucks (& drivers). Having extra drivers feels good - gotta love when others earn money for me! :P
1,000 mile journeys take a while. Plymouth to Torino... Or was it Milano.

Been driving in the dark mostly. Been fun. I'm going to go with a silly and longer approach by trying to go about this without taking out a loan at all. Going to take some time but nothing wrong with that.
Quote from E.Reiljans :This game is very addicting.. level 73 atm, bit over 1M EUR, 4 large garages with 20 total trucks (& drivers). Having extra drivers feels good - gotta love when others earn money for me! :P

Level 73?

@jertje

Turn off that left virtual mirror noob, there are two real ones
Quote from PMD9409 :Been driving in the dark mostly. Been fun. I'm going to go with a silly and longer approach by trying to go about this without taking out a loan at all. Going to take some time but nothing wrong with that.

Easily done, just takes a bit longer :P Best bet is to level up your Long distances/special or fragile with the Just In Time level. You should earn bucket loads then.
Downloaded and tried this for a while last night, pretty good sim actually.

Dusseldorf to Kassel with a load of car parts, dark and stormy night, where the hell are the lights and wipers, too late, guard rail, bang shudder.

"And it's over the edge and down the mountain side, and I know they'll tell about the way I died, in the rain when the lights on the hill were blinding me" lol.
With apologies the the late great Slim Dusty for ripping the lines of his song.
Quote from Xaid0n :Easily done, just takes a bit longer :P Best bet is to level up your Long distances/special or fragile with the Just In Time level. You should earn bucket loads then.

That's my current plan.
Quote from Bose321 :I haven't found a reason yet, the AI seems to ignore it...

I saw the traffic in the oncoming lane stop to let me crossover to the delivery point when I put my indicators on.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Yup. Titled "Legend", ~390k XP.

How much play time is that, the game is out a few days.. I'm like 9 or 10 and i thought i played a lot.
So, has anyone fixed the force feedback problem?
Quote from Boris Lozac :How much play time is that, the game is out a few days.. I'm like 9 or 10 and i thought i played a lot.

Leaving game running overnight with system clock speeded up 100x (or more, if your PC can handle it) does wonders
Recorded playing time of ~400 hrs, while I actually only drove around for 10 hours or so.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Leaving game running overnight with system clock speeded up 100x (or more, if your PC can handle it) does wonders
Recorded playing time of ~400 hrs, while I actually only drove around for 10 hours or so.

So, you were cheating?

Why not just use the cheat engine then?
Quote from BlakjeKaas :So, you were cheating?

Why not just use the cheat engine then?

Making time pass quicker != cheating.
I could have achieved same by leaving game running and going on a 2 week vacation, but that's too much effort for a game :P
I just tried the demo out, and it's pretty good, much better than their older games (18WoS, anyone?).

If you have a webcam and sufficient lighting, you can use this program to control the dashboard camera with your head. I have it set up as a "Fake TrackIR". And it requires some tweaking to work the way you want it to.

http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/home/default.htm

For reference, My FFB settings are as follows, this one gives a good overall feel (in my opinion):
Overall: 100%
Spring: 41%
Damper: 41%
Quote from E.Reiljans :Leaving game running overnight with system clock speeded up 100x (or more, if your PC can handle it) does wonders

@ specht

What FF problem, there is none (pun intended)
Quote from Boris Lozac :@jertje

Turn off that left virtual mirror noob, there are two real ones

I would, but people would die

If I had TrackIR or a triple monitor setup I might give it a go, but it takes too long to look right and back and the mirror is tiny
Quote from E.Reiljans :Making time pass quicker != cheating.
I could have achieved same by leaving game running and going on a 2 week vacation, but that's too much effort for a game :P

It is about achieving a result, and if a tactic works then that isn't cheating.
It does have Shyte handling so it is more like civ with an overall outcome rather than a driving sim so what's the issue.

As much fun as it is it really isn't a driving game, and even with a g27 it feels like driving through custard.

Fun, but more fun being a total loon nailing it up the inside on loops and pushing cars out the way gently, which the ai fails to recognise as a penalty.

Good game but...........
I got fined £400 because someone pulled out of a junction right in front of me.

I did get to go 'PAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRPPPPPP!!!!' at them, which was satisfying.

Has anyone unlocked the minigame where you murder a prostitute and wrap her in some carpet?
Quote from Crashgate3 :

Has anyone unlocked the minigame where you murder a prostitute and wrap her in some carpet?

No but there's one where you're driving a fuel tanker and get hijacked.
Quote from BlueFlame :No but there's one where you're driving a fuel tanker and get hijacked.

In the outback, with a variety of ramshackle vehicles chasing you?

Euro Truck Simulator 2
(580 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG