The online racing simulator
#177 - CSF
Quote from Bmxtwins :SO1 has pits, 2 and 3 dont iirc

Thanks, Jack didn't beat you to that by a number of hours, understanding the humour initially involved.
fe6 ^^ oh yeah no pits there..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... index=13&feature=plcp

Humor aside, AS5R/6R start chicane is harmless as MoE's race on AS4R has proved already. I might be minority again suggesting reversed track as not many of you raced AS4/5 to death, but we'll talk in a year or two if the patch fails again.
Quote from N I K I :harmless

what the heck is wrong with you people, back in a day we didn't use Boothy/PMD/w/e chicanes and personally I enjoyed those 'dangerous' races more. Even if we go to the so-called hardcore track such as BL1R or FE3, we manage (not talking about my SGT adventures ). If your opinion is based on what happened in some Fern Bay 'amateur' race in low wind then you worry too much imo.
-
(Jonathon.provost) DELETED by Jonathon.provost
Speaking of wind. All races should have low wind.
#181 - CSF
High wind.
Quote from Ziomek21 :what the heck is wrong with you people, back in a day we didn't use Boothy/PMD/w/e chicanes and personally I enjoyed those 'dangerous' races more. Even if we go to the so-called hardcore track such as BL1R or FE3, we manage (not talking about my SGT adventures ). If your opinion is based on what happened in some Fern Bay 'amateur' race in low wind then you worry too much imo.

I remember IGTC race there from a very long time ago, yes on fe3, and back then F1RST racing was attending. They were racing FXR at the time, holding a huge lead, as it was the sort of track that suited that car, as well as AS7 would. Then all out of a sudden, they were on roof, off the road even, over the fence!!! Because they ren onto deadly mine.

Personally, I'm against boothy layouts for ky3/r as well, because those only save you from your own mistake, not someone elses! Speaking of that, in this days we have speedbump additions which could solve the sand cutting issue.
change fe3 for as4r and I will be weak at the knee's for that schedule

Quote from N I K I :
Personally, I'm against boothy layouts for ky3/r as well, because those only save you from your own mistake, not someone elses! Speaking of that, in this days we have speedbump additions which could solve the sand cutting issue.

Thou shall not smite boothy layouts.
GT1WS... exciting stuff
better get to the drawing board hmm
Is GT1 World Series round 1 at blackwood 148 laps ?
Quote from Bmxtwins :Is GT1 World Series round 1 at blackwood 148 laps ?

No, it's 160 laps, otherwise it would not meet the minimum 500 km distance. Actually it's 152 laps, but thanks to the great accuracy we're provided with when it comes to setting higher race lenghts it has to be 160.
Quote from N I K I :Personally, I'm against boothy layouts for ky3/r as well, because those only save you from your own mistake, not someone elses! Speaking of that, in this days we have speedbump additions which could solve the sand cutting issue.

IIRC its not about just stopping the sand cutting (but that slows you down anyway..) its about making the chicane tighter, simply because its not really a chicane, as it just gets straight lined.
Quote from Deutschland2007 :No, it's 160 laps, otherwise it would not meet the minimum 500 km distance. Actually it's 152 laps, but thanks to the great accuracy we're provided with when it comes to setting higher race lenghts it has to be 160.

Isnt bl 3.37 km?
500/3.37 = 147.97

Or maybe google is retarded
Quote from Bmxtwins :Isnt bl 3.37 km?
500/3.37 = 147.97

Or maybe google is retarded

No, BL1 is 3.307 km long. Therefor the minimum number of laps would be 152, meaning the lap counter in LFS would show 153 for the added pace lap. Since that can't be set in LFS though, the BL1 race is 160 laps long, including the warm-up lap which gets it to an overall distance of 529.12 km.
Ah, well it said 2.1 miles so i just converted it lol, guess its not exactly 2.1 miles.
Quote from xtraction :IIRC its not about just stopping the sand cutting (but that slows you down anyway..) its about making the chicane tighter, simply because its not really a chicane, as it just gets straight lined.

We just call it a chicane, still it doesn't have to be a chicane. It's a really cool left corner and it goes well with the rest of the fast flowing track. It's actually the most challenging corner on the track if in normal formation which demands high perfection, or simplest corner if it's just a chicane. And also a whole lot more interesting tires management situation with that corner being highspeed!
*ixion suddenly flips there*
Yeah, you shouldnt really talk about sleeping policemen and people being scared of them etc. Maybe theres a reason we are scared of them, maybe you should avoid them more haha

and no, ky3 "chicane" is 1 of the worst corners in LFS. If you make us drive a 24h race on that I would actually be so depressed for the whole 24 hours that even you rolling there wouldnt be enough of a consolation
I never rolled. And talk to Jack Basford and see people who actually tried that corner think about it. Goddamn new generation used to the easy peasy slow chicane.
I have done a hotlap there for main hotlap rank, and I did practice for apex cup when you(3id) ignored a public vote where more people wanted the boothy chicane but 3id went against that anyway for whatever reason. I think I know how the corner is to drive.

Everyones allowed to have an opinion, but I think its pretty silly to try and undermine someone elses opinion to say they dont know something about how it is to drive. The chicane isn't a challenging corner to be fast in, its just about keeping your concentration not to crash there. But seeing as I havent crashed in the fast right in sector 2, or rolled at FE4 even as long ago as GTAL, or don't usually make silly mistakes when I'm leading races/not racing someone so without trying to be arrogant, its not like its something I would be worried about personally more than others.

I would just rather drive a track with better overtaking opportunities, a little bit of common sense in the design avoiding buggy sleeping policemen etc.
Quote from N I K I :I never rolled. And talk to Jack Basford and see people who actually tried that corner think about it. Goddamn new generation used to the easy peasy slow chicane.

Then im not really new generation I always loved that chicane, i personally think that this is the BEST corners made not by devs... The end.
Well you should like the boothy chicane tomek, you can use 2nd gear instead of 5th. "YAY 3 MORE OPPORTUNITIES TO RAPE MY ENGINE"
Quote from IsaacPrice :Well you should like the boothy chicane tomek, you can use 2nd gear instead of 5th. "YAY 3 MORE OPPORTUNITIES TO RAPE MY ENGINE"

Well, it is infact correct No doubt :P But last race in Kyoto wasnt that bad Top speed was only 3kmh slower than on 1st stint
Quote from IsaacPrice :The chicane isn't a challenging corner to be fast in, its just about keeping your concentration not to crash there. But seeing as I havent crashed in the fast right in sector 2, or rolled at FE4 even as long ago as GTAL, or don't usually make silly mistakes when I'm leading races/not racing someone so without trying to be arrogant, its not like its something I would be worried about personally more than others.

That is just bonus addition, but it feels freaking awesome when you nail it with 200+ kmh thru there. Basically, every tricky fast corner has only one line and that's why the corner presents the challenge you had described.

The track itself has 2 other great overtaking opportunities and doesn't necessarily need another one.

Lol @ tomek.
Boothy chicane create one more overtaking opportunity. Only because of that this is better and to be honest I don't see the point at arguing about that, this chicane is retard and I say that having practised it in both side and in both side it is retard especially in endu races.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG