The online racing simulator
#1 - PoVo
Server DOS attacks from a fellow LFS player
Hello,

Today we at [LsC] LifeStyle Cruise received some threats that we will get a DOS attack from "HeCosmin". Another administrator on my server banned him.

So he started doing this attack and it has been going on all day today.

The DOS attack not only affected our server but also those servers on Gaming-Solutions.com.

I moved the server to another host and he started attacking that server too.

I'm seeking if any other server has any details of his IP addresses? I saw that he played in CarGame.nl before, so help would be appreciated.

I'm not sure what I should really do to be honest...
#2 - lfsrm
the only thing you can do is to waiting to the dev reply .
Devs have nothing to do with DoS attacks, its up to you to secure your server with firewall...

BTW thanks for unreplied PM
#4 - lfsrm
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Devs have nothing to do with DoS attacks, its up to you to secure your server with firewall...

BTW thanks for unreplied PM

even with a firewall protection against DOS is not complete .
Do an IP whois of the IP address(es) the attacker had been using for the ddos attack, and then email the abuse contact(s) about it.
This idiot has been attacking my box for the last 3 hours and most of yesterday too. Again because he was banned. ([LsC] Server). From what I can gather hes Italian?, but I have not done much more digging as I've not had the time.

From what i've seen it is DDoS, which yesterday was on port 80 - i'm not sure what port hes trying to hammer now. I'm sure the e-crime unit will find my hosts router/switch port logs fascinating.

Anyways not best pleased as the guy is wasting my time and that of my hosts with his skill-less attack.
#7 - PoVo
At this stage it's complete BS. This guy is well known for all he is done not only in LFS but in other games too.

Google "HeCosmin" and you'll find plenty of information.

Sickens me to see how the developers don't give a sh*t an allow him to play... He's on servers saying "I downed LsC hahahahha", "f*ck LsC" and noone gives a sh*t.
=( This is very upsetting and disgusting. Someone taking the time to DDoS a video game server is just sad.
Quote from PoVo :
Sickens me to see how the developers don't give a sh*t an allow him to play...

I don't understand how this should be a problem for the developers?

You think blocking his account will make a difference?

These kind of kids (mostly kids), like attention. Guess what you are doing right now...
Quote from cargame.nl :I don't understand how this should be a problem for the developers?

You think blocking his account will make a difference?

These kind of kids (mostly kids), like attention. Guess what you are doing right now...

Blocking his account would keep him from messing with the S2 servers by not allowing him to connect and optain an IP address and force him to buy a new license if he wants to continue his childish and destructive behavior, soooooooo it kind of is a problem the Devs could address.

They addressed the code flaw that allowed non-admins to connect as admin, why can't they issue a permaban for someone who is:

1) Breaking the LAW.
2) Causing havoc and disrupting the LFS community
3) Has no regard for his actions.

He is stealing bandwidth and time from the owners of the server and developers of this game.
If enough people ban him then he will get an automatic global ban, 30 days I think.....
Quote from Anthoop :If enough people ban him then he will get an automatic global ban, 30 days I think.....

That won't work - Povo has been permanently muted on WS Metropilis due to HeCosmin's threat of network ddos if he is allowed to speak.

Its about time the Dev's abolished this no life waste of space's account.
Well, you havent actually posted any "evidence" of this, so no offense but if they're actually busy trying to improve the game then they're going to just think, if he cant even be bothered to actually prove/show anything, then he isnt worth helping. I'm not saying you're lying, but thats just how it is. Perhaps not as harsh as that, but thats the best way to put it.
Banning him wont do much, its not like he is using his account directly to cause you the issues. Its more of a server side issue than something the LFS devs would respond to. There isn't that much they can do. I'm not an expert but I would personally have said talking to your server provider would probably be a lot better step tbh. If you really feel its something you should communicate with a dev about, then you don't post in LFSForum you should use this. http://www.lfs.net/?page=contactus

But I agree pretty much with what Cargame said, if you know something about IT then what they're doing isn't sophisticated they're doing it for a laugh, which is pretty much what you're giving them with a thread like this.
LSC has closed because of this douche bag, I hope everyone is happy. F.U.C.K.ing bullshit.

Quote from lscruise.net :
Hello,
We have decided to close down, yet again.

As you may have seen, over the past few weeks we've had a rival cruise server attacking us just because they were jealous.
Since yesterday we've had another idiot attacking us because he was banned for threatening to DDoS us.
It seems like the LFS community isn't in a good enough state to be able to continue running this server.
Maybe we'll see you again in a year or so, maybe not...

[LsC] Team.

Quote from edge3147 :LSC has closed because of this douche bag, I hope everyone is happy. F.U.C.K.ing bullshit.

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

one less cruise server
lol
#19 - PoVo
Quote from Franky.S :YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

one less cruise server

AMG servers suffered from this too. Not sure what you're laughing about. You're a disgrace to the LFS community in this situation
Quote from edge3147 :
1) Breaking the LAW.

What law?

I think not much laws exist in Moldavia. Especially no internet laws.

Its one of the poorest countries and the poorest in Europe.
Well Povo, you say that cosmin orsomething, they was try to hack my own forum, they posted everywere, I gonna upload your layout, + insim codes etc... Well my insim isn't on ky forum and not the code, but I have give him a permanent ban +IP so I think that he like to make trouble, I have checked they IP and they come from romania.

This was mine website, btw you must have create a account before you looking a post. www.firemint.freeforums.net
Quote from cargame.nl :What law?

I think not much laws exist in Moldavia. Especially no internet laws.

Its one of the poorest countries and the poorest in Europe.

Theft of services, he is stealing the bandwidth we pay for denying us usage of it by commit said crime.

The fact that you try to justify his actions by saying they are not illegal is just crazy.
Quote from Franky.S :YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

one less cruise server

Don't worry, your team will fail soon enough.
Quote from edge3147 :Theft of services, he is stealing the bandwidth we pay for denying us usage of it by commit said crime.

The fact that you try to justify his actions by saying they are not illegal is just crazy.

LOLWUT do you even know what your talking about?
Although I don't like cruise servers I hate to see it happen to people
Quote from Mustangman759 :LOLWUT do you even know what your talking about?
Although I don't like cruise servers I hate to see it happen to people

The requisite “damage” element under the CFAA is “any impairment to the integrity or availability of data, a program, a system, or information” (see 18 U.S.C. § 1030(e)(8)) and a “protected computer” is defined as a computer “which is used in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, including a computer located outside the United States that is used in a manner that affects interstate or foreign commerce or communication” (see 18 U.S.C. § 1030(e)(2)(B)).

I am sure that isnt the only law being broken, but who cares right? Nobody on this forum could give 2 shits because they find it funny.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG