The online racing simulator
Quote from giannhsgr1 :one way to rebound lfs is to open the game for mods
i mean dont get me wrong the game is superb but after all this years the same cars and tracks are a bit boring

Extremely unlikely at this stage. They've said maybe after S3.
Quote from giannhsgr1 :one way to rebound lfs is to open the game for mods
i mean dont get me wrong the game is superb but after all this years the same cars and tracks are a bit boring

Forget mods. No one wants that.
Quote from CheerioDM :Forget mods. No one wants that.

We dont need mods, we need patience. Rfaktor is great but i would never try to compare my laptimes. There a huge difference between the Homesetups (Pc, Wheel, Config, Realfeel, Mods). That make no sense.

Lfs need a little bit more closed Setups and in my Opinion different Servers for Wheel, Mouse, Keyboard, Joypad Racers. And maybe a forced Forcefeedback (strength) setting and forced Wheel turning area.
Only my Opinion.
so today 0.6B9 comes out ?
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :so today 0.6B9 comes out ?

I've highlighted the important words
Quote from Scawen :I've got a few more things to do for B9 and if all goes to plan I will release it for testing next week.

(this had to be posted...)
Mods would be sooo great! or atleast some Map-editor!

theres no single track i realy like in LFS.
Circuits are soooo boring, i would love to build some nice Mountain pass/Touge. just gimme more Corners .
Quote from RiddinGT :Mods would be sooo great! or atleast some Map-editor!

theres no single track i realy like in LFS.
Circuits are soooo boring, i would love to build some nice Mountain pass/Touge. just gimme more Corners .

You are a demo racer, please don't complain about not liking the tracks as you only can and have 1 track. buy s2 you fool.
Satelite imaging and/or gps routes and you have real life tracks.

I'd love to be able to drive here(look at the yellow one) going from southeast to northwest)
Scawen, why this new patch 0.6B8 isnt as an obligatory update?
It would be great if it would be, because now those guys who has updated their lfs to latest patch have to join empty servers, theres no people playing (almost). Thats sad, Ive been talking with a lot of guys from drifting scene and they ask the same. Playing alone when all mates are still at previous patch, boring (alt + f4)
So please, if you can, make us happy!!

Im sorry if i missed some info according to my question and I hope this is the right place where to ask!

Thanks in advance!!
Quote from BADLVBOY :why this new patch 0.6B8 isnt as an obligatory update?

It's a test patch! For testing out if it has any bugs before releasing as stable one. Feel free to jump back to original B,when a new stable patch will be out,you will be even notified in host list screen at LFS.
thought so ...
anyways, thanks for the info Rony!!
hope it wont take too long
I didn't understand that also but if you read the forums carefully you will see another update is near and it has a different 'program code' again. Just need to be patient for a little bit longer, updates that are being made are good.

In the meantime people who complain better teach / learn themselves how to start up the old executable / how to switch versions. It's not overly complicated.
Quote from Omar1 :You are a demo racer, please don't complain about not liking the tracks as you only can and have 1 track. buy s2 you fool.

dont act like demos racers dont know all tracks and cars lol
Quote from Xenix74 : And maybe a forced Forcefeedback (strength) setting and forced Wheel turning area.
Only my Opinion.

forced FFB strength? Thats the worst idea I heard yet Or do you intend selling a FFB adjustment pack containing plugin and a small force gauge.
Quote from ACCAkut :forced FFB strength? Thats the worst idea I heard yet Or do you intend selling a FFB adjustment pack containing plugin and a small force gauge.

Your criticism is absolutly correct, it will never Work and open the door for more cheaters, but if you ever testet Lfs on Lan with different Wheel Rotation and FF Strengh you will know how different is it to drive for everybody. Some drive with 20% FF and 200 degree Rotation and some drive with 50% FF and 720 degree. Its nearly impossible to compare this condition.

But this is not only a problem from LFS, its a problem in all Games we play.

*deine Kritik ist berechtigt, aber meine leider auch

MFG
Quote from RiddinGT :dont act like demos racers dont know all tracks and cars lol

I don't, and I don't see how you can, unless you don't respect Scawen&co and his wish to give desired content to desired group of players. If you don't respect authors will, I hope you will run into similar people with your own life, good luck.
Quote from cargame.nl :In the meantime people who complain better teach / learn themselves how to start up the old executable / how to switch versions. It's not overly complicated.

I have both copies and I still feel the need to complain some.

Quote from RiddinGT :dont act like demos racers dont know all tracks and cars lol

Well they shouldnt.
Quote from edge3147 :And why shouldn't they? There is free information that would inform the demo drivers of all the cars and tracks available in LFS

http://www.lfs.net/?page=contents

But how can he possibly say the circuits are boring JUST from pics? You can't say the track is boring when you haven't tried them yourself.
*sigh*
Quote from Sobis :But how can he possibly say the circuits are boring JUST from pics? You can't say the track is boring when you haven't tried them yourself.

Maybe he is trying to save face on his S2 account and using his demo account to troll up this bitch? Just because he is posting from a demo account doesn't mean he has cracked the game. You are no better than the American Government that cries wolf every time someone says or does something they don't like. Stop trying to act like you are psychic and assuming you know everything.

*edit* not to mention the countless youtube videos and other ways for be informed about this game. There are serveral games that I have never played and refuse to because they look boring to me, does that mean i went and illegally pirated the software? NO.

[Merged] Discussion regarding LFS development
(1577 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG