The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
If i go down there, i will be getting it a ppi if it visually looks good. Along with that, he is a forum member at pelicanparts and well known in the porsche community (not saying this makes it good, but this is what he told me)

Why are you against a v8 bmw e2? Your opinion is among the most important here..i understand the maintenance is far greater, timing chain guides, cooling system, seals, vaccume leaks etc, but owners love them?

He sounds like an older guy, and i think its worth checking out when i cant find another for less than 6000.
He has other people, but i asked first
Well yes,timing chain problems,vanos problems,sprocket problems,intake leak problems,valley pan leak problems,valve cover gasket leaks all the time (4 hours labor +parts),rear suspension problems,specially balljoints + upper arms,window regulator problems etc. It might be good now,but thes problems will come and they are very expensive. But i dont know how deep is your pocket or dads,but if thats not an issue go for it. if its really nice keep it for 2 years then get rid of it
He told you that he is well known in porsche community etc? LOL. Why would the guy be telling shit like that to you.. now it starts to feel a bit wrong..
"is the car still available? "

"Yes it is. Nice, straight running car. I'm a car guy, I also have an e28 M5 and 911C4. I just don't want to make time to work on the e39. Thanks, Jon"

"it is in good daily-driving condition? what year is it?"

"Yes it is a great daily driver, would not hesitate to drive it cross country. It's a 1999. Shifts well, quiet engine, no leaks, cold AC, always maintained well, but at this point I'd rather sell it someone who doesn't mind a little wrenching. Receipts from new. Front tires will need to be replaced in the near future but are good right now, rear tires have 5k on them. No shimmy at any speed. It's a clean, straight driver. I can send you a list of all the work done... clutch, seals etc. Thanks, Jon

PS. Since you don't know me, or the car... I have a very good reputation within the Porsche community. I mainly hang out on PelicanParts.com site. If you want to research me I go by 87911jon. My 540 is a nice car, definately not a patched up clunker."

"this is very tempting, how far would you drive to meet me. i will gladly drive way more than half, but 8 hours one way is pushing it "

"I would gladly meet you halfway. Somewhere near an Amtrak station would be great. I also have a spare sports springs and shocks from my old Dinan 540. You won't be disappointed. Jon xxx-xxx-xxxx"

"is this a 540i sport?
my dad is going to want to put it on a lift, are there any shops around the amtrak station? trying to not be a hastle, but we just looked at a 540 with fist-sized holes in the floorboards, and my dad wont let me touch the car without his inspection."

"It is a 540 Sport. And I have no problems putting it on a lift. We could stop at any oil change place and I will pay to have them put it on a lift. It has no rust what so ever. "

"now, not saying anything for certain, but would this weekend work? i may be able to get work off, but i definitely want to check this car out asap."

he diddnt gloat, or just tell me that he is known in the porsche community; he wanted me to know about his background with cars.

@e2, those do seem pretty bad, but me and my dad can turn wrenches, and most of those are no different from the 528 i already have; i think im going to go for it...idk what else i would look for otherwise
Quote from logitekg25 :Shifts well, quiet engine, no leaks, cold AC, always maintained well, but at this point I'd rather sell it someone who doesn't mind a little wrenching.

Something sounds really weird about that...

Bearing in mind car prices differ all over the world, how is the pricing compared to other cars?
I know nothing of BMW's but did drive 5h one way for my current MX-3 & the owner, (also an older fella), drove 3. It was exactly what I wanted. I say go check it out at least.
Yeah, go check it out and you will see. I wouldn't judge from that conversation. He has no problems with putting it on a lift, even pays it, so I wouldn't think his car is a junk. Even if he lies, why would he drive 4 hours for nothing? You clearly wouldn't buy it then...
Quote from KiRmelius :Owner willing to drive for 4 hours just for the buyer to have a look shows how much he wants to get rid of that car.

the car cant be that terrible if hes confident itll suvive 4h on the road
Quote from Shotglass :the car cant be that terrible if hes confident itll suvive 4h on the road

Maybe it's not the car, the model itself might be a pain in the ass to maintain.

I think Logitek shouldn't pay attention to this rant and do what he pleases.
im trying to honestly get some opinions from people who could care less about the ordeal before i argue some more with my dad on why i should give it a shot; from all of this i have decided it is a good idea to check it out and potentially buy.

my dad thinks its way too far, i think for something nice you have to extend your range; you gave me the unbiased opinions i needed.

the model itself is somewhat maintenance heavy, and when things break they need somebody who can wrench, i believe that is what he meant by that jakg (i also doubt he thought about every sentence he typed that carefully...:razz.

in my area, and beyond for that matter, they are going for 6k all the way up to 13k for the special edition one. (basic terms, the 2003 m-tech 540i is the specific).
the ones on the lower spectrum are usually somewhat tired.
Quote from logitekg25 :...my dad thinks its way too far, i think for something nice you have to extend your range...

I know the feeling/my Dad's the same way for that sort of thing. (so far I've only bought two cars that were less than 5h+ away & two of the others were over 1000 miles/shipped) Luckily, when my parents were a factor of what I bought, I was living with my Mom. Good luck!
A mate of mine has got a tatty looking old E30 touring, 318i, it says on the boot, now has the aforementioned e39 4.0l V8 in, its absolutely mental lol
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :uffffffff new gearbox in..

That job was a pain in the butt wasn't it? That stupid tin shield is so horribly placed and makes the whole task rage inducing. I just wanted to pull out my tin snips and cut part of it off. :wtf2: I never EVER want to pull one of those transmissions again. I thought doing the clutch in my 944 was bad but I'd rather do that again than touch another mk3 trans.

Edit: Oh, you pulled the front end off. I wonder if that made it any easier. I had to roll the trans onto my chest and the push it up in before fighting it but I left the front end on the car.
2006 Chevrolet Corvette ZO6. 505 hp 7.0 L dry sump oil system Street legal, race car.

0-60 3.3 sec 1/4 mile 10.7 sec

Shot of me buying the car from the original owner.

http://i47.tinypic.com/35i2jq0.jpg

Look at the 9 min mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko9kzyqW-l8

It's also like 10th fastest at Nuremburgring sp?

This thing is stupid fast... 345 width for the rear tires. But will burn out in almost all the gears lol
Quote from major_syphillis :
345 width for the rear tires. But will burn out in almost all the gears lol

Then you must have shit tyres.
Quote from Klutch :Then you must have shit tyres.

$600 a piece for the rears... $450 for the fronts.

I'm due for a new pair... :eclipsee_

have to do the breaks soon... $2000.

I drive 100 miles a day for work, I drive the Z every day I can. 22 mpg
Will it blend?
Quote from CheerioDM :Will it blend?

if you have a big enough mixer... most likely. It's all aluminum fiber glass body.
Damn, nice Vette you have there.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Damn, nice Vette you have there.

Thanks man... i pay $800 a month payment at 2.5% apr. So not bad. But it can beat a lot of ferraris and lambos... American

Probably the only american car I would ever buy, I do want a viper gts next though. German is the best otherwise, american interiors suck.... although you can't beat the torque.
Aluminum fibre glass? What is this sorcery.
Quote from BlueFlame :Aluminum fibre glass? What is this sorcery.

aluminum frame.... carbon fiber/fiber glass body... magnesium roof. around 3000 pounds.

light car with 505 raw hp...
Nice car, supercharge it!
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG