The online racing simulator
48 Hour "Semi-LAN Live" event (very long term)
Hello guy's,

I have been thinking of new ideas for race events in LFS.
I have had a good one (I think).

It would be in quite a few year (10-15 possibly)

A 48 Hours semi-LAN "Live" event.
This would be in a hall or several rooms in a building.
Current drive in one room, Team in another, Race Control and Stewards in another.

There would be a entry fee e.g. £40 For a place in the drivers room and team.
But there would have to be a fee for the people racing over the internet e.g. £10.

A team could have one racing rig or more (extra cost). And all computers will have to brought by your self.

I was thinking that in the drivers room there would be a 4x6m area where you would be allowed to use and a 4x6m marque (bigger if required).

Would you guys do this, it is a ambitious idea but I think it will be very unique. As I don't think that there is a 48 hour race in LFS as of now (please correct me if I am wrong)

I think that it will be a good way for racers to connect but some can still race at home.

Thanks for reading,
J.Provost
#2 - Hahmo
Well to start off with, 24 hour race already is a very tough race to finish, so 24 hours would be enough IMO.

Next off, the idea is great and surely the idea has been running around most racers heads every now and then, and sure it is achievable thing to do, but then again, interest to LFS is rather small nowadays and tbh I don't see anything like this happening before S3 comes out, some proper advertising of the game + event have been done. So, well, before the interest of 250-300 participants (including racers, streamers, organisers, marshals) I wouldn't start planning anything bigger as of now. Remember that LFS racers are spread all over the world. Many, many people will struggle to get there. If you have 3-4 teams at this LAN event and rest 24 teams thru internet, I don't see this thing happening.

But like I said, it's a good idea and could be worked on.
I to think that more online slots would be needed and a poll would need to be put up to find the best place to do it.
Thanks for replying
#4 - Hahmo
What I meant, is that if there is interest only from 3 teams to come to the actual LAN, the LAN itself is useless because there is such a little interest to it.
True, Ye
Seems overambitious and hard to make it work in reality.

Basically you'd have to start it on a Friday evening, just to have it end by the end of the week-end... Hardcore.

I don't think anyone has ever done such a thing on the whole world of simracing, let alone LFS(please correct me if I'm wrong).

But if no one has ever done it, including much smarter people, with much more ressources and connections than you and I, have never done it, there must be a good reason, isn't it?

As Hahmo pointed out, 24H races are enough of a challenge for us common people...
#8 - Hahmo
ah yes, was thinking of linking this in my post aswell.
tell more please! impressions?
Why would we worry about an event in 10-15 years?
Its only a Idea
Just wanted to see what you think
48 hours ... hell no, at least not as long as we don't have a dynamic day-night cycle and dynamic weather.
True. I think that it could be 24h but we will see how LFS "progresses".
Quote from phoenixIlooka :tell more please! impressions?

It was alright.
It was basically in like a indoor football room, at the time i think we we're around 10-12 teams.
It was good fun indeed, it would be nice to do it like dreamhack or something and get all the simracers together, for the good of all of us of course, both to get better players but also to add LFS to the Pro-Gaming market..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG