The online racing simulator
24 Hours of South City
(98 posts, started )
Quote from PaulSVK :Will be some videos about 24H?

Im thinking about making a video, but abou Conquest Racing only dunno when I will start working on it and finish it. I will try to start in next week, or maybe even in 4-5 days
I might do a little video, not really much to put into it and no motivation either after such a dissapointing result, but meh, will look into it
Pretty awesome race!
It all started of really well, my first stint was ok but Ilbens was a little bit too fast and the combination of heavy traffic not going my way meant he pulled a bigger gap than I wanted. I was fairly shocked to see not many people went for a full 2hr stint but it worked out for us really well.
So after my stint I left and when I got home (after some beers ) I noticed we was like 2 laps down, 'wtf has gone on here' so I join irc and Troy tells me about this timeout thing and wouldn't let them join back.
I went to sleep anyway basically when I joined my goal was to get close to CoRe since I thought ineX were perhaps too fair ahead. It went really well and the pace was good and we got onto same lap as CoRe.
It was basically just me and Troy from this point but it worked great and we was just closing down the teams ahead. Isaac then timed out, it's never good to gain/lose a position like this but it gave us something to aim for and some hope
Troys last stint was fantastic, closed down CoRe by so much per lap was very exciting for me to watch and also he was building the gap to Isaac who had just started a new stint so we knew we would need a big gap. At the start of the stint we was 1min8sec behind CoRe and by the end (with help of their DT) it was just 20sec or something crazy like that!
Luckily for me the final stint was 10mins shorter due to troys tyre management hax so I could just push from start to end. My first thought was 'ilbens is too far ahead' but then I noticed that I was catching quickly, along with that we knew he would struggle to make the tyres last so would have to compromise some speed. At this point we thought we would be close to Isaac but infact he came out quite far ahead of us. The little battle with Ilbens was good, but then he clipped inside wall in sc3 and I was able to just drive past.
I was catching Isaac fast too due to his thicker tyres and when
I got closer I prepared for the usual battle which would most likely end in a crash instead he just let me past...
Will be interesting to see the final results, but it was very fun whatever the outcome, big thanks to Concept for letting me drive with them!
I asked Teemu to check with the admins whether we are battling you, they (eventually, it seemed like it took a while but I was probably inpatient too.) told that we werent, you were a lap behind. I knew Ilari would be close at the end so I didnt want to waste time and I knew if I didnt let you through there you might try something before I next got a good chance to let you go, there was no way I was going to hold you back for 40 minutes because you had the pace you should have at that stage, Ilari was weirdly slow compared to normal.

I think that before the red flag, even when you added the laps back that CR would get for the server issue - on track they were a fairly sizable gap behind, so from my personal point of view when you balance that up I don't think they should have been in the battle for the lead, cos CR lost a lot of time between their timeout and when the red flag came, and that was all on track due to Stu struggling for pace, and also they hadnt pitted yet so the red flag came at a good time for them. Its unfortunate that people misunderstand, if you think you are doing great pace hunting down the overall victory to then find out you are 1 lap down, that is tough. Just like it will be tough to take if I drove 5 hours straight doing 1 of my best ever personal performances and for some reason it changes so that we didn't win the race. But thats just simracing, it was unfortunate than inexperienced admins were faced with such an awful situation to be in.

Generally I really enjoyed the race, like I said before it was 1 of my personal best performances IMO. I wasnt that fast compared to Ilari and Joe, I think Ilari's pace wasnt ever the same after the first stint, he said he had engine damage but I think we had slightly better top speed normally anyway the whole race and it wasnt that obvious when I was alongside him at the end there, but they definitely had damage. But I got the best out of myself for pretty much 5h in a row non stop, it was the best I could do.

Atleast anyway I hope there is no hard feelings between either 3 of the top teams in TBO, because frankly everyone is allowed to have their own interpretation of what should have happened with that timeout situation. I think it would be weird for the result to change after we asked directly and they gave that answer, but either way it was only due to the inexperience of the admins and the difficulties with the tracker that lead to the situation that their was even a possibility to misinterpret the situation so long after it happened. Hopefully in the future everything will run smoother, they cant control whether a server messes up...the situation they were put in was unfortunate, I dont really blame them its just inexperience with that situation and nerves to get the wrong call. Thanks for the race, and also to the STD's who were very helpful on occasion when lapping.

E: And my bad for the overuse of commas, I dont care.
I don't know much about the time out since I wasn't there, but I was told the server was down for some people for over 3mins and I was informed we was in turn 2 or so when it happened so we lost about 2 laps. Of course it's difficult to put a number on it and I'm sure it a tricky one for the admins to deal with too. In an ideal world it would never have happened and the race went smoothly but hey-ho. Whatever the admins decide to do, I'm happy with the performance I did, been a while since I've done enduro really (apart from that last gt2ws round) and this could have been one off best.

I guess whatever happens somebody's going to be disappointed
The decision already was made in the night?

Race restart and 15 hours of SC instead of 24 hours. So the previous 9 hours of racing was hhmmm... Lets call it training (sounds less useless).

About server problems.. I think this is the third time in a 24h race that I've seen server problems. You either must be very convinced that there will be no problem or you need to have at least a backup plan in case something goes wrong. Either way, it wasnt that bad to setup a different server within an hour and call a restart.
No, the other 8(not 9, they shortened race by 1h) hours counted just fine. They have to merge the tracker results still. The tracker you can see, is of the last 15h. They did atleast make that clear...

E: Also after re reading your post Joe, the reason I think people didnt go for 2h was because it wasnt that easy to do. And also, the majority of the time in the pits was refuelling, which sounds like you didnt realise that considering you thought I would come out near you and instead I came out 5 seconds ahead of Ilari. I think Simon worked out that you would only need to gain 16 seconds by using less fuel to actually end up ahead over the 24h in theory. We knew we would lose in the first few stints because it would be tough to have enough advantage to pass you and troy, and as it turned out even keep up but the race would come back towards us later. I had a half chance on lap 1 but no point to risk a race ending crash in lap 1, and with hindsight I would have just been defending and losing more time anyway.
I am always amazed by the amount of PR done by some to try to influence admin decisions, personally I hate races which are decided in the tribunals, so I am not going to wait for the results and I will congratulate Inex for winning the 24h race (bit dirty in last lap though) and CR for winning the 15h race!!
@isaac, yeah the 2hr mark was a push. Me and Troy did a good job with the setup I think and we could even go just over the 2hr mark if we needed too which was helpful. Also about the final pit, we knew you was gonna have a fast one but we expected you to come out with ilbens, not 5secs ahead. Good drive though, consistent and fairly quick which is good to say you was on your 5th hour
It was great race, me and my team would like to say thanks for all the admins for making this event, it was fun and very good! Cant wait for the next one and of course for all the teams out there all of you was great and was a pleasure to race with you guys! See you on the next one!
So, good morning everyone!
After 32 hours without any sleep, sleeping starts to feel like a nice hobby.

I'll start right away looking at results and start to do some calculating. I'll try to get provisoional results posted here today.

I will process more the "Hour 8's nightmare" here in forum later. Now I just thank everyone who have helped us with this event.
Thanks for NDR guys, for giving advice before the race,
my own team; you're awesome,
people commentating with me, Rui, Sean, Miro, Niko, Laury etc. ;can't remember everyone,
Revolutionary Racing for providing us their server in the darkest moment; I really appreciate that and I cannot thank you enough,
our viewers; I hope our broadcast was entertaining enough, I saw the biggest number at the start when there were 129 viewers,
drivers and teams, we did this for you, and you made this Saturday-Sunday driving, a race.
Klaus for providing the tracker
this list could continue forever, I hope I didn't forget anyone, thanks to all
Quote from cargame.nl :The decision already was made in the night?

Race restart and 15 hours of SC instead of 24 hours. So the previous 9 hours of racing was hhmmm... Lets call it training (sounds less useless).

As far as I understood it, we will take the gaps (or rather laps) from the time just before the second round of time outs happened and add those extra laps to the teams who should have them back, because when we restarted at the new server, everyone started on the same lap, which would not be fair to keep it like that I suppose.
What about the replays?

Will they going to be released or not?
Quote from OTone :What about the replays?

Will they going to be released or not?

If you mean .mpr-files, the replay of the race after the red flag can be found from Race Information & Discussion -thread. Appeared that the replay of the race before the red flag wasn't completely saved in my mpr-folder. Maybe, there is not any replay for entire session, for the last 2 hours is though.

If you mean the stream replay, I'm working on it, and they will be published probably in 3 parts. The part 1 is ready to be uploaded somewhere, and it includes the race before red flag.

And some updated information about provisional results. I want to be careful with it, even it is just provisional and that's why it has taken so damn long time to publish the first provisional results.
Never mind I am a retard and cant read 2nd page of threads.
Quote from deCesaris :If you mean .mpr-files, the replay of the race after the red flag can be found from Race Information & Discussion -thread. Appeared that the replay of the race before the red flag wasn't completely saved in my mpr-folder. Maybe, there is not any replay for entire session, for the last 2 hours is though.

If you mean the stream replay, I'm working on it, and they will be published probably in 3 parts. The part 1 is ready to be uploaded somewhere, and it includes the race before red flag.

And some updated information about provisional results. I want to be careful with it, even it is just provisional and that's why it has taken so damn long time to publish the first provisional results.

Thank you for the information Looking forward to watch it
your very welcome for the server. Me being American meant I was still wide awake :P, seeing what happened I didn't want your race and hard work to be ruined by another timeout.
If you ever need my server again just PM me
Quote from deCesaris :Appeared that the replay of the race before the red flag wasn't completely saved in my mpr-folder. Maybe, there is not any replay for entire session, for the last 2 hours is though.

This is why I have mpr autosave = yes in my LFS.

And in NDR's servers cfg files? /autosave=2

So as long as the session ends cleanly, there's an mpr serverside.
Quote from Mustangman759 :your very welcome for the server. Me being American meant I was still wide awake :P, seeing what happened I didn't want your race and hard work to be ruined by another timeout.
If you ever need my server again just PM me

Thanks a lot again, Matt.
Got to say that I was a bit surprised that you provided the server, regardless of things that I've said to you in the past. Nevertheless, I apologize that, even it is a long time ago when that happened but I think I owe you that much.
If you need help sometime, I will help if I just can. Because I think I owe you a favor too.

Quote from dekojester :This is why I have mpr autosave = yes in my LFS.

And in NDR's servers cfg files? /autosave=2

So as long as the session ends cleanly, there's an mpr serverside.

Yeah, have to remember that if I'm doing this madness again.

Luckily, Thomas had saved the first 8 hours -replay. So, now back to work..
Patiently waiting on the replay to add it to the 15 hours already in the NDR tracker
Quote from boothy :Patiently waiting on the replay to add it to the 15 hours already in the NDR tracker

Memory, damn you :chair:

I'll add the link in a minute

24 Hours of South City
(98 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG