The online racing simulator
24 Hours of South City
(98 posts, started )
From the above, the IRC channel is #savage_simsports on Quakenet.
Ok, I found the chat
Are there any rules for the nick-names? I tested "57 K.Adam" but numbers at the beginning, spaces and dots aren't allowed in nicks. IRC corrects it to "_57_K_Adam". Looks funny...
You certainly can't use any spaces, and full stop isn't allowed either.
I think my question wasn't very clear :rolleyes:
I thought about identifying the team members. How do the admins know which team is online in IRC or not.
Quote from KlausAdam :Ok, I found the chat
Are there any rules for the nick-names? I tested "57 K.Adam" but numbers at the beginning, spaces and dots aren't allowed in nicks. IRC corrects it to "_57_K_Adam". Looks funny...

Nickname should include team number and your name so we can easily known from which team you are. Like "00_Firstname". Won't have to be exactly like that, just so we can recognize you if we need to contact you.
My bad, I misread your post.

If it's not entirely obvious wh is from what team, then they could just ask for a representative of car x, then if noone answers after a given time, issue a penalty.

This is how it works in NDR events.
#57 - troy
Quote from deCesaris :4) There should be a tracker, though we have a bit problems with it so can't promise anything.

Driving blind for 24h is certainly no fun, just takes one disconnect and you won't have a clue where you are without the tracker. I do hope you get something sorted, there are plenty of helpful community members around if you struggle on your own (thinking of KlausAdam or boothy/NDR for example)
Quote from Bean0 :If it's not entirely obvious wh is from what team, then they could just ask for a representative of car x, then if noone answers after a given time, issue a penalty.

I think this could be a problem during the night. You might be the current driver and the only one of your team awake.
I don't think it will happen very much in IRC, but it has to be thought about it.
Quote from troy :Driving blind for 24h is certainly no fun, just takes one disconnect and you won't have a clue where you are without the tracker. I do hope you get something sorted, there are plenty of helpful community members around if you struggle on your own (thinking of KlausAdam or boothy/NDR for example)

Yes, I know that for sure. I have already asked for help, and I will do my part the best as I just can to have tracker in the event.
Quote from deCesaris :

3) Hm.. seems like I've forgotten to add it in G I&Rules.
If happens a disconnect or someone rolls the car, team is allowed to rejoin and -1lap penalty will be given. (I'll add this to official rules soon, too.)

Do you count timeout as a disconnect then? Pretty big kick in the nuts if someone times out and then you give them an extra 1 lap penalty.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Do you count timeout as a disconnect then? Pretty big kick in the nuts if someone times out and then you give them an extra 1 lap penalty.

We've been discussing this and I'm sure a 1 lap penalty will be only for those who go to pits/spectate and rejoin. If someone times out, no penalty, that would be nonsense imo.
OK Thanks. I wouldn't want to win a race/gain a position like that, never mind lose 1.
#63 - troy
I guess that -1 lap thing on disconnects mainly came to life because some "smart" top drivers found a loophole in most of the endurance rulesets to cure engine damage with an intentional disconnect right after crossing the finish line and in that case the penalty is well deserved.
Maybe every timeout should be reviewed by the admins IMO. Troy got the point there about the timeout cheat after finish line. But failures happens sometimes, and this is 24h... So maybe, it would be good idea all timeouts to be checked carefully.
I think if its suspicious, investigate it ofc. I felt that would go without saying. But the default is no penalty, but can be reviewed if the admins feel it is suspicious. In 24h races, timeouts happen and its unfair to punish them extra for something which is outside of their control and costs them time rejoining the server etc. I'm sure everyone can see the common sense aspect to it.
Yeah, there should never be loopholes in the rules, but we will investigate all timeouts carefully.

But here are the rules in terms of this subject.

Quote :.11 If someone telepits (using SHIFT+S or SHIFT+P), they are allowed to rejoin, but will be penalized by -1lap. On disconnection, team is allowed to rejoin, without getting a penalty.

Quote :.3 No any unsportsmanlike actions, no blocking, crashing or pushing, cheating etc.

We will not define you singly, what all means cheating. You can name it, when it happens. And in those situations, you should trust in our admins.
The race day is here! Everyone ready?
not really. should we?
Will be some videos about 24H?
replays?
unofficial results?
That is of the last 15hours only, I have a brain so if I thought they were the unofficial results I wouldnt ask. Sorry for the bluntness, but it has to be pointed out
ah k i didnt know that there was red flag. thanks

24 Hours of South City
(98 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG