The online racing simulator
Intentional...but somehow out of desperation, knowing that was the last race and the drivers' championship was at stake. But still, it would be really unfair if Winkelhock and company get away with what they did.
I don't see any intention. Just a racing incident. The guy on the outside didn't have anywhere to go. The nature of the contact and viewing angle made it look intentional. The BMW should have been much smarter.
The merc turns into the BMW then after the contact keeps turning, clearly intentional, probably still too close to call and will be deemed a racing incident, doesn't take away the intent.
Quote from Senninha25 :Intentional...but somehow out of desperation, knowing that was the last race and the drivers' championship was at stake. But still, it would be really unfair if Winkelhock and company get away with what they did.

Well they did get away with it.
Quote from Bawbag :The merc turns into the BMW then after the contact keeps turning, clearly intentional, probably still too close to call and will be deemed a racing incident, doesn't take away the intent.

I don't know about that, certainly not clearly intentional. When there is contact that directly affects the front wheels and then consequently upsetting the car's balance as well as driver input , it can occasionally looks as if someone is intentionally doing something when in fact they are not at all. We also have to factor in possible steering arm/suspension damage in the initial collision etc...

But it's a racing incident. IMO the BMW should have been a bit more careful on the cut back. At the first point of contact he was asking for trouble, intentional or not. After T1 at Donington the natural inclination is to curve to the right. He kept his car pretty straight. Just pointless. Don't risk it.
Quote from Bawbag :The merc turns into the BMW then after the contact keeps turning, clearly intentional, probably still too close to call and will be deemed a racing incident, doesn't take away the intent.

Afaik the Merc driver was disqualified this race but still wins the championship by a 1 point margin.
Quote from PMD9409 :http://gt1world.com/news/detai ... -of-points-but-keep-title

They had a one point lead going in, so crashing them out simply kept it the same? Pretty F'd up.

They were disqualified from the championship race, which meant Vita4one scored 2 points for 9th place, but it was still not enough to make them lose the title, since Basseng/Winkelhock scored 2 points the previous day for finishing 5th in the qualifying race.
Quote from Intrepid :I don't know about that, certainly not clearly intentional. When there is contact that directly affects the front wheels and then consequently upsetting the car's balance as well as driver input , it can occasionally looks as if someone is intentionally doing something when in fact they are not at all. We also have to factor in possible steering arm/suspension damage in the initial collision etc...

But it's a racing incident. IMO the BMW should have been a bit more careful on the cut back. At the first point of contact he was asking for trouble, intentional or not. After T1 at Donington the natural inclination is to curve to the right. He kept his car pretty straight. Just pointless. Don't risk it.

Quote from Mazdaratie :Afaik the Merc driver was disqualified this race but still wins the championship by a 1 point margin.

Granted contact will cause some impact on the drivers wheel, however really, the car's bump, they push away from each other and the merc actually has a swipe in at the BMW, i'd love to see the in car but it would look like Hammond and Clarkson doing rallycross.

Blatant, he knew fine well what he had to do if the BMW got past.
I don;t understand why people stand on the outside of corners if there is no proper protection.
some of them could have been injured if they were standing on the inside of the corner anyway.
Quote from el pibe :some of them could have been injured if they were standing on the inside of the corner anyway.

Well the inside of that corner is the outside of the one preceding it. Of course you can't always been Mr H&S but I can't see why some people are a bit more smart with where they decide to stand when watching rally.
Is he keeping his foot in through the crops, with zero visibility, just to try and find the road again?
Crazy. And pretty reckless. I don't think they even realise they crossed the road do they?
Quote from sinbad :Crazy. And pretty reckless. I don't think they even realise they crossed the road do they?

Solberg (reportedly) said in an interview he had no idea he had already crossed the road.
hehe..

That guy is danish, raced against him many times before.
ya'll er mad!

Having extensive 125cc shifter experience, I say that with respect. 130+ in a gokart with wheels held on by cotter pins...
Quote from legoflamb :ya'll er mad!

Having extensive 125cc shifter experience, I say that with respect. 130+ in a gokart with wheels held on by cotter pins...

I only raced in KZ1 for one round.. that's a 125cc shifter, was fun enough to not try again.
BMW 318is
I took part in another Carbonia Cup race on Autodrom Most and I borrowed GoPro HD HERO2 from my friend.

I was testing semi-slick tyres and you can see they are not good on the wet surface.
I know that my car is weak but its fun to drive it, especially in wet conditions.
Its just like XRG...

1st Practise:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjVKuBbfnK8
Qualify lap:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncHYWqMzQcs

More videos soon...

Racing videos
(4785 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG