The online racing simulator
Nurburgring Racing Circuit Files For Bankruptcy
...and what?

Austerity.

Probably EU evaluators scored projest as very good investment with viable perspective for high interest rates considering popularity of motor sports in Greece.
Can we have a facepalm XXL?
No way. But a track for bicycles would be good.
No money for fuel.
Well, at least a new track is a better use of EU bailout funds than 60 new fighter aircraft, new frigates, new patrol craft, submarines, Apache attack helicopters etc.
http://www.thedailyeconomist.c ... g-for-internal-civil.html
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/ ... ropean-military-purchases

But I suppose you need something to keep the locals under control while you loot their country.

Do I detect the distinct reek of Goldman Sachs carrying out their standard behaviour ?
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02 ... 4debt.html?pagewanted=all

Sorry, I forgot it was all the Greek peoples fault, nothing at all to do with bankers and their worship of mammon.

And if anyone is actually seriously interested in the financial state of the EU then the following makes some rather interesting reading.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/ ... cb-eur22-trillion-missing
I voted no against Europe last month, sadly I don't have more power then that.
Quote from cargame.nl :I voted no against Europe last month, sadly I don't have more power then that.

Herpaderp, Wilders.
damn bs. Nordy should be saved at any costs.
That's the whole point. The Nordschleife does make money. Whole the other crap that was built at the Nürburgring is what costs to much money and makes them go bankrupt.

They built a rollercoaster there. It will never be used because it has a construction error in it. Waste of money much?
They built a hotel there but all the personel in there costs way to much and there aren't enough bookings to keep it profitable.

They all did that because they would thought allot of people then would visit Nürburg but that did not happen. It's a quiet village with "just a track". And there is only allot of people because of the track. For the rest it's just a dead place wich no one would visit. They all built that with fake numbers of visitors and now they get the bill of that.

Nordschleife will never close, as will the GP circuit itself but they are in deep shit yes.

Same has been said about Circuit-Zolder... But that will never close aswell.
Motorsport people here are more or less pleased that it filed bankruptcy. They hope that by that both tracks (GP and Nordy, which in itself are profitable) can be splitted from the fail Nürburgring GmbH. One reason they went bankrupt is that they invested lots of money somewhere in the US, and well lost it all. The rollercoaster, which is only allowed to be used when there is no race going on, is just the cherry ontop.
Quote from Scrabby :
Same has been said about Circuit-Zolder... But that will never close aswell.

I wish it would.
Quote from ACCAkut :Motorsport people here are more or less pleased that it filed bankruptcy. They hope that by that both tracks (GP and Nordy, which in itself are profitable) can be splitted from the fail Nürburgring GmbH. One reason they went bankrupt is that they invested lots of money somewhere in the US, and well lost it all. The rollercoaster, which is only allowed to be used when there is no race going on, is just the cherry ontop.

Yup, all the shit around it makes it look bad.

@Dennis93:
Why is that?
Quote from Scrabby :
@Dennis93:
Why is that?

Not safe for anything..
I guess I'm a bit biased since it broke my spine.
Oh please, you can have any injury at any other track.
It's not the tracks fault that you crash.
Quote from Racer X NZ :Well, at least a new track is a better use of EU bailout funds than 60 new fighter aircraft, new frigates, new patrol craft, submarines, Apache attack helicopters etc.
http://www.thedailyeconomist.c ... g-for-internal-civil.html
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/ ... ropean-military-purchases

But I suppose you need something to keep the locals under control while you loot their country.

Well, they have like hundreds of islands within thousands of square kilometers of sea. Imaging that this crisis wont seaze just tomorrow, better they dont have something like somalian piracy in couple of years on waters meant for tourism.

I dont think it is other Europeans looting their country. Europe finance is like a sad race: who drives who to bankruptcy with bailouts for growing liabilities instead of fostering mutual growth.
maybe new buyers could broker better deals with car R&D companys... buy up- local hotels and give better rates... work with holiday companys to do comprehenssive pacakges ( i.e 2 day stay... 1 day of bmw m3... golf gti round the ring... day 2 classic 911 )

they have to go forward... most folk i know want to go their but even with the internet its a pain in the ass to plan.

they track should be safe, the fact that based on history alone its not afaik a national landmark is crazy.
It's not that hard...

You look when there is Touristenfahren, you book a hotel nearby (10min from track with awesome roads through the woods) and you go and drive..

Not this, but next weekend I'm going for a drift event on the GP Track (lower part, Müllenbachschleife) and when the street class is driving, I'm going on the Nordschleife with a friend. Sadly, I can't take my car. Needs to be MOT'ed, registered, insured etc...
Quote from theirishnoob :they track should be safe, the fact that based on history alone its not afaik a national landmark is crazy.

Motorsport in general is viewed in disfavor here nowadays, and the 'Ring itself has the wrongly image of being one of the Nazis projects sometimes, like the autobahn (both projects started before the 1930s).
#20 - JJ72
Interesting thought...though I think if there is ever an "fascist" track it will be a demonstration of absolute power like Avus.
Quote from ACCAkut :the 'Ring itself has the wrongly image of being one of the Nazis projects sometimes, like the autobahn (both projects started before the 1930s).

Yes, the same stigma that has crushed other institutions with Nazi involvement like BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Audi.
Quote from Scrabby :Oh please, you can have any injury at any other track.
It's not the tracks fault that you crash.

Oh sure. never said that Lolder is the reason for all racing injuries, BUT, their useless attempts at making the track safer only made it more dangerous, for material and drivers alike.
Quote from cargame.nl :I voted no against Europe last month, sadly I don't have more power then that.

Well, even if you are not part of the EU agreement you got various trade agreements / rules which you got to follow. Example Norway, not part of EU but every now and then there comes a new rule in Europe that forces us to change the rules.

When it come to the track news: ;(
Quote from theirishnoob :maybe new buyers could broker better deals with car R&D companys... buy up- local hotels and give better rates... work with holiday companys to do comprehenssive pacakges ( i.e 2 day stay... 1 day of bmw m3... golf gti round the ring... day 2 classic 911 )

In case of 'Ring it would be cautious restructioring of current business to get the profits.

In case of half-public investment in Greece it would be reckless pumping of money while everyone gets share at every stage, and failure is meant to be bailed-out.
Quote from Dennis93 :Oh sure. never said that Lolder is the reason for all racing injuries, BUT, their useless attempts at making the track safer only made it more dangerous, for material and drivers alike.

What so dangerous about the track then?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG